Posts by ippon

I had some time for playing around with my libreelec boxes this weekend and tested the Audio again. I'm running version 7.0.2.009 (my last test was with version 007). The problem is fixed!! Now my music is played perfectly with 44.1k over the SPDIF interface.

Thanks again to kszaq for his work.

One of my two boxes was a bit unstable and I found, that it was because of this MAC solution. Meanwhile, I found a sulution that work much better:

1) Login to the shell

2) cd /storage/.config/system.d

3) create a new file. The filename is : [email protected]

[Unit]
    Description=MAC Address Change %I
    Wants=network-pre.target
    Before=network-pre.target
    BindsTo=sys-subsystem-net-devices-%i.device
    After=sys-subsystem-net-devices-%i.device

[Service]
    Type=oneshot
    ExecStart=/sbin/ip link set dev %i address C4:2F:AD:10:78:33
    ExecStart=/sbin/ip link set dev %i up

[Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

4) type the following command on the shell : systemctl enable [email protected]
    You should see the following Message:
    Created symlink from /storage/.config/system.d/multi-user.target.wants/[email protected] to /storage/.config/system.d/[email protected].

5) remove any other MAC-Spoofing script (e.g. /storage/.config/autostart.sh). It is not longer needed.

Form now on, the box comes up with the new MAC address.

P.S.: The script should also work with the wireless LAN. The only change you need is in step 4: systemctl enable [email protected]

Has anyone experience with the TX3-Pro (S905X) box? I’ve installed kszaq version 7.0.2.008 on SD card. It works fine, only the remote control doesn’t do anything. I’ve already copied the original remote.conf file from Android to the card but it makes no difference. I’ve also tried the original dtb.img and both versions from kszaq, but also no difference. With other dtb.img files the box doesn’t boot or doesn’t work properly. For the moment, I can use the box with HDMI-CEC or with a keyboard but I'd prefer using the original remote control.

Any idea?

Thank you, this was a good hint. :)

I had to expand it a little bit, because libreelec has already started the eth0 in the moment, when the autostart.sh is executed. In tihs case I had to shutdown the eth0 firstly.

A 2nd probelm was that kodi doen't realise the notwork connection an statup with the changed MAC and so it didn't show the video library (I use an external mysql). The sleep command was the solution for this. Kodi starts with old MAC (shows my library) and after 30s the MAC changes automatically. The '&' in the script is important; it makes running it in the backround and Kodi can start.

Here is the working autostart.sh :

(
    sleep 30;
    ifconfig eth0 down;
    ifconfig eth0 hw ether C4:2F:AD:10:78:33;
    ifconfig eth0 up
    ) &

I have two S905 boxes: a Nexbox A95 and a MXQ-Pro. Both are working fine with kszaq Version 7.0.2.008 (generic 1G 100M device tree). Today I used the Kodi Backup tool and copied my settings (addons, addon data, database, playlist, thumbnails, config data) from the A95 to MXQ box. It worked, but is did too much: it copied also the hostname (no problem, easy to change) and the MAC address (big problem, because I’ve no idea how to change) so I've now two boxes with the same MAC.

Can anybody help and tell me how I can change the MAC address in librelelec? I’ve already tried some commands on ssh level, but they all change the MAC only until the next reboot.

I had the same with my Nexbox A95. Here it was a problem with the device device tree in Libreelec version ..007. The probelm was solved, with the device tree for the A95x (Version 007) and it is also solved with the generic tree in version 008.

Be carefull, if you test different device trees. It can happen, that the box bricks. So test always with a SD card version.

I've tried it
    1) typed the command and then started playing music. -> 48k
    2) typed the command while playing music. -> 48k

Meanwhile, I have a second box (a Nexbox A95). The box is also running version 7.0.2.007 with the device tree for A95X from version 7.0.2.006. This box has exactly the same behaviour.

kszaq Sorry for late answering, I have seen your commet too late.

I tried the command echo "44.1k" > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/aud_mode
    but it seems, that the file file aud_mode is not accessalbe from the shell. The file is empty before and after I typed the command. It's also not accessable with vi (can't read 'aud_mode').

In the directory are several files:
    -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Sep 29 23:09 aud_cap
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 4096 Sep 29 23:09 aud_ch
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Sep 29 23:10 aud_mode
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 4096 Sep 29 23:09 aud_output_chs
    All files have the timestamp from last reboot of the box, but the file aud_mode has the timestamp from the moment, when I type the echo... command.

cat aud_cap
    CodingType MaxChannels SamplingFreq SampleSize
    PCM, 2 ch, 32/44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, 16/20/24 bit
    AC-3, 6 ch, 32/44.1/48 kHz, bit

cat aud_ch
    hdmi_channel = 2 ch

aud_mode and aud_output_chs are empty. I haven't ckecked the other files in the directory.

Doe's this information help?

I have an OTT TV BOX MXQ PRO 4k, installed 7.0.2.007 and tried gxbb_p201.dtb and gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb. Both install successfully but I can't seem to activate the optical SP-DIF port, it just ain't available.

Anybody tried this yet ?

The SPDIF port is NOT optical, it's electrical. You can connect it with a standard Audio cable (Cinch <-> 3,5mm). The SPDIF signal is only on one (red OR white) Cinch. For my MXQ PRO 4k it's the white.

kszaq, I've just been playing with a couple of Nexbox A95 units and neither one will boot LE from SD.
    I'm not game enough to install to Nand without first checking from SD.

I know there is an issue with the reset switches, so the toothpick method is not going to work but, they do not boot from the SD card even when I reboot to Recovery from Android (the first post suggests that they should). I've tried numerous makes / sizes / formats of SD card.
    These boxes also don't seem to recognise recovery.img on the SD card at all (eg can't boot into TWRP on SD card etc).

Have you heard any other reports about these boxes ?

I have the same box (Nexbox A95, directly imported from a Chinese seller) and the same problem that the toothpick doesn’t work.
    I was able the install libreelec to the nand and it works. Here is what I did:

• Download the firmware for MXQ-Pro-4K from chinagadgetsreviews.com
    • Extract the files recovery.img and dtb.img and copy them to a fresh fromated fat32 SD card
    • Download zip file from Libreelec 7.0.2.007 release folder and Unpack downloaded file to SD card
    • download aml_autoscript from Libreelec 7.0.2.007 release folder and copy downloaded file to SD card
    • Download device tree for Nexbox A95x file from LibreELEC 7.0.2.006 device tree folder, rename downloaded file to ledtb.img and copy it to main folder of SD card
    • you should now have 6 files on your card: aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml, a zip file with an update, dtb.img, recovery.img, ledtb.img
    • Put SD card into the SD slot form the NexboxA95
    • Start box with Android and install “recovery reboot” app. Start the app.
    • The Box reboots and starts an Andorid updater. Let it work!
    • When it’s finished, reboot the box. It starts with Libreelec.

I have only two minor problems:

• After switching off the box (per remote or per frontend) it can only swiched on by disconnecting and connecting the power supply.
    • Toothpick method is still not working. So I see no way back, if anything fails.

Yes I've tried the 7.0.2.007 with the latest device tree this weekend. Same result: 44.1 music is upsampled to 48k (using the SPDIF, independent if HDMI is connected or not).

I tried to set the audio rate to fixed with different rates and I played 44.1 material : setting 44.1 and 48 -> 48k output, setting 88.2 and 96 -> 96k output, 192 is not supported from my receiver.
    Audio set to optimized or best match (sorry I use the German frontend, so my translation might be not exactly) result in a 48k output.

Were it helpful, if I make some specific tests and produce some (which) logfiles?

I've checked, but this entry is not there. See Details:

MXQ-Pro:/ # find | grep advancedsettings.xml
    ./usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml

MXQ-Pro:/ # cat ./usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <advancedsettings>
    <showexitbutton>false</showexitbutton>

<samba>
    <clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
    </samba>

<network>
    <readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
    </network>

<pvr>
    <minvideocachelevel>5</minvideocachelevel>
    <minaudiocachelevel>20</minaudiocachelevel>
    </pvr>
    </advancedsettings>

I've tested it. Flac and also WAV (both in 44.1) are also upsampled to 48k – the same result as it is with my mp3.
    It seems, that is has something to do with my MQX-Pro-4K. It's amazing; I thought it has the same Chipset than the mini mx.

PS: The sound quality from the upsampled 48k output is not bad, but the upsampling reduce the sound quality (not massive but you can hear it after a while).