Posts by outcave

Hi.
    I'm using LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA on Odroid C2.
    In my kodi.log I have noticed varoius ERROR: (URLError(gaierror(-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution'),))

See here:

Here the full log: YfX7XxnW

What about these errors? May be, wrongly, these part of Kodi code are called before the network starts?
    For your info these errors are there also if I set the "Wait for network before starting Kodi".
    Thanks!

Ok Ok... I found the issue and the solution (or better to say: the workaround)!
    The problem is the name resolution... LibreELEC will connect to the Samba (SMB) share via the hostname (beacuse I added the Samba share via the GUI and the hostname was presented to me), "NAS" in my case: smb://NAS/Multimedia/Film/HD/Cartoon/testmovie.1080p.x264.mkv.
    So I have edited the file "/storage/.config/hosts.conf" with the IP and hostname (same as "/etc/hosts" file):

Now the access to the Samba shares is always OK and really more fast!

I leave to Kodi and LibreELEC team the "work" to understand:

1. Why with the Skin "Confluence" this problem is not faced
    2. Why with the oldest version of LibreELEC this problem there was not

Anyway, I expect and I hope, that the access to Samba shares will be guaranteed also via hostname without any action needed by the user into the /etc/hosts file (as it should be)...

Thanks.

mm...
    as I already mentioned the strange is that with Confluence skin Samba works, with Estuary skin not... I don't know how the skin can "change" the working of LibreELEC. The problems are not on the NAS (let me say, it's a "stupid" Samba Server on Linux), with the same NAS and same NAS configuration with OpenELEC 6.0.3 and LibreELEC 7.0.2 I don't have any problems.

Is it possible to access to Samba (client) log to do more troubleshooting?

Hi.
    chewitt did you have time to give a look at this Samba problem?
    It seem that I'm not the only one person to face this problem, here other two users that have the same problem: LibreELEC and LibreELEC

Consider that I faced the problem since a fresh LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 installation. I don't know if this problem depend on the software release (LibreELEC v7.90.008) or depend on the system (Odroid C-2).
    On the LibreELEC v7.90.008 release notes I read "Update Samba configuration to improve performance and interoperability", may be there is fault here.

Let me know how can I help you to address the problem.
    Thanks, hope in a fix.

Hi.
    Yes, if I power off the TV and then power On the TV (leaving LibreELEC powered on) these "extra" key works... strange behavior :)
    But, anyway, after a LibreELEC reboot these key will not works again. And, as you can imagine, I don't like to power off the TV and then power On the TV to have these keys working... ;)

SOLUTION:
    I made some troubleshooting and I was able to get these buttons working always by disabling the CEC in the boot of Odroid C-2.
    So I edited the file "boot.ini" in "/flash" and changed the row from setenv hdmi_cec "1" to setenv hdmi_cec "0".

Disabling HDMI-CEC at boot solved the issue. CEC will anyhow works because it will be stared later from LibreELEC.

Hi.
    To control LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA on Odroid C-2 I use the CEC feature (over HDMI), then with the TV remote control I can also control LibreELEC. I have a Panasonic Plasma TV and the remote control is Panasonic N2QAYB000489.
    Here a photo of the TV remote control: ZOOM_N2QAYB000489-ZOOM.png

All works well but the lower keys (extra buttons) of the Panasonic TV remote control does not works.
    So the keys I have tested that does not works are:

Play
    Stop
    Pause
    Rewind
    Fast Forward

With OpenELEC 6.0.3 and LibreELEC 7.0.2 on Raspberry Pi2 I don't have this problem (same TV and same remote control), I can use these lower keys without problems.
    So I think the problem is on the CEC configuration for Odroid or LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA.
    How Can I have these lower keys working?
    If you need some test or help to address the issue let me know, I'm available for help/test.

Thanks.

I'm using LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 on my Odroid C-2.
    I use a QNAP NAS where there are my files shared with Samba (SMB), I also use the NAS feature that after 10 minutes of inactivity the NAS will go to power off the disks.
    I don't have problems on the NAS's disk shutdown feature (after inactivity) also with LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008. My disks will shutdown after 10 minutes of inactivity also if LibreELEC on Odroid C-2 is still running (and still connected on the LAN).

On LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 I have instead another problem to access on the Samba shares: LibreELEC

Please post the FULL log not the bits you think are important, there is other information we want/need to see. Also use the OS log paste function so we don't have to scroll stuff in forum posts.

Hi.
    That was the full log from the starts of LibreELEC (boot) to when the problems was notice (I mean starts to play a mkv from the SMB share).

Here: YfX7XxnW the FULL log (cat kodi.log).

Another workaroud: if I change the Skin from the default one (Estuary) to "Confluence" the problem disappears and then I'm able to play files/movies from the same SMB share (also after reboots)! So it seem as problem somehow related to the skin used... I would like to use "Estuary" but with this samba problem I'm "forced" to use Confluence.
    Thanks.

Hi.
    Yes sorry for multiple post bur sometime it's not "easy" to choose well where to address the request on the Forum.
    Anyway here the log.

This is the DEBUG log:

Many thanks, hope in a fix.
    Thanks!

Hi.
    As this user: LibreELEC I have the same problem on my Odroid C2 device.

I'm using/testing LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA on Odroid C2.
    I can access to my QNAP NAS via SMB (Samba), I was able to create the Library and seen some videos, BUT after the reboot I cannot more access to all SMB share.... Error is: "Error 2: share not available" (on Debug log the error is: unix_err:'6e' error : 'Connection timed out').
    I tried to reboot again but stil have this problem. If I try to access to others SMB source the problem is always "Error 2: share not available"...

I found a workaroud: change the WORGROUP to another name and then reset it to WORGROUP.

Hope in a fix.
    Thanks.

HI.
    I'm using/testing LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA on Odroid C-2.
    I can access to my QNAP NAS via SMB (Samba), I was able to create the Library and seen some videos, BUT after the reboot I cannot more access to all SMB share.... Error is: "Error 2: share not available".
    I tried to reboot again but stil have this problem. If I try to access to others SMB source the problem is always "Error 2: share not available"...

I found a workaroud: change the WORGROUP to another name and then reset it to WORGROUP.

From the log:

Code
    14:28:06 T:546913824992   ERROR: CecLogMessage - Write: write failed !
    14:28:15 T:547527516160   ERROR: Previous line repeats 21 times.
    14:28:15 T:547527516160 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
    14:28:15 T:545953206496  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
    14:28:35 T:545953206496   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERNAME:PASSWORD@NAS/Multimedia/Film/HD/Cartoon'
                                                unix_err:'6e' error : 'Connection timed out'
    14:28:35 T:545953206496   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://NAS/Multimedia/Film/HD/Cartoon/
    14:28:55 T:545953206496   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERNAME:PASSWORD@NAS/Multimedia/Film/HD/Cartoon'
                                                unix_err:'6e' error : 'Connection timed out'
    14:28:55 T:545953206496   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://NAS/Multimedia/Film/HD/Cartoon/

Hope in a fix.
    Thanks