Posts by tokul

Control Panel button with your name on top right corner -> Settings -> Notifications.

Or just log out and browse anonymous.

If you are getting email notifications, I don't recall making any efforts to turn them off and I am not getting any.

I've install LibreELEC 9.2.6 on to VMWare virtual machine from LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2.6.ova file. Nothing modified.

After this i've install Locale addon and set UTF8.ru_RU locale. The result can be seen on the screenshots. The third screenshot was made with Arial fonts set in the skin settings.

Perhaps still, not all fonts in the LibreELEC contain symbols to UTF8.ru_RU locale?

Screenshots

In order to see "Рыцари справедливости" as name of your movie, environment should

1. Have "Рыцари справедливости.mp4" file on file system written in utf-8

2. Run filename through windows-1251 to utf-8 converter

3. Display converted output in UTF-8 UI.

That's only one of the ways for breaking it. Step 1 and 2 can be done other way by writing file with wrong name into file system.

I got "На Дерибасовской..." file on generic x86_64 9.2.6 libreelec and it is displayed correctly in ls or GUI. MC displays these characters as question marks, but it does calculate byte length for every ? properly.

Check how you can see those files in ls command output in ssh client that is running in UTF-8. You have to check what you got on your file system before starting to debug MC or Kodi.

So it's a skin problem. Nice :)

It is not. Screenshots in Georgian problem show display with symbols that UI can't display. Original post shows screenshot of Russian that can't get symbol length in bytes right. There is no evidence that data is encoded properly.

"Рыцари справедливости" is "Рыцари справедливости" when utf-8 text is treated as windows-1251.

In X window your fonts are not running in specific encodings. They have symbols matching specific Unicode set of characters. Having correct font won't help, if application does not know correct symbol that it should display.

Georgian problem needs fonts with Georgian character support (Unicode Range "Georgian" 0x10A0 to 0x10FF). This problem needs to read Russian characters properly.

Not sure about that.

Download system rescue cd and check how it sees that device or attach it to any regular Linux OS. Your partition UID looks like LVM. You can find system rescue cd in your favorite search engine or I'll update post with external link, if that's ok with forum moderators. blkid should work on system rescue cd. I don't remember if it comes with pastebinit.

I think I saw posts on forum about libreelec not supporting xfs and I don't see LVM userland utils on my libreelec. Libreelec tends to work with removable or remote storage and they might not expect to see LVM requirement with locally attached disks. Linux based NAS appliance would have LVM support for sure and it would be using lvm by default.

"parted -l | pastebinit" output might give some clues too, if Seagate used correct partition type when formatting that disk.

Like I said, I don't want mini PCs, boards or anything like this. Simple android box where I can install Libreelec on the SD card will be fine.

Android is not the box. You are running ARM kit with custom OS installed by vendor. That OS happens to be Android.

If you expect to use cheap Chinese media center, stick to OS provided by vendor.

If you like to tinker with the kit, get RPi and install libreelec on it.

Pointing at obvious. Android is operating system. Libreelec comes with operating system too. We are well passed the time when we needed other operating system on same box to install OS, if we have install medium.

40 USD range is low end media center range. Your A95x media center has same CPU as RPi 3. You don't like RPi yet you seem to be using exactly same technology.

In local store I see only one media center option for around 70 euros. RPi4 + non default case would be around 100 USD. Adding extra options might double the price. And this does not include storage.

Other mini PC options offer local storage options. They cost more, but are more capable in long term.

did not in any way ask for spoon feeding, and you are insulting in your statement, no matter what or who you are here.

A full path to said file is all I ask for and you REFUSE it thanks for the non answer. I have no idea where a commandline.txt file goes it is unique to libreelec , which is why I posted here.

Funny how certain people are allowed to repeatedly publish gruff replies and other are banned for it here.

You failed to explain why you need to over customize your setup and chose to go ballistic against the first advisor who responded to you. 16GB storage will be enough for settings and apps. If customizing /storage is over your level of knowledge, do not do it.

If you need layman solution, storage devices dedicated to videos can be overriden with custom mounts in /storage/.config/system.d. That directory already has two examples for mounting nfs or cifs shares. Keep your settings on 16GB SSD and setup new mounts for video storage or get bigger SSD.

You don't have 16GB SSD. It is likely that this is only SD flash card and not SSD. The smallest SSDs on the shop are around 64GB and they are more expensive than 120+ GB devices.

i just switched from windows to linux, so how to step by step install the missing fonts?

RE: LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.5

------

X Chrome and Firefox display text based on availability of fonts in X windows. If you don't have some language specific code pages across all installed fonts, text is displayed as boxes.

Create .fonts directory in /storage (root user's home) and copy any ttf fonts that you want to that directory. Reboot to restart X windows to be on safe side. I did not check if X detected changes in fonts without restart.

DejaVu fonts will show Arabic in Chrome. Chinese, Japanese and Korean will require more fonts. Next fonts of choice would be non free MS core fonts, Tahoma, Arial Unicode MS and SimSun. SimSun will give Japanese and Chinese.

------

If you still have Windows with Chinese support, you probably got SimSun font in there or Arial Unicode MS. Any other TrueType or OpenType font that can display Chinese will do too. I can't recommend Chinese fonts by name as I am not Chinese and my Chinese font support normally comes from font packages supplied by Linux Debian. My international font knowledge is only slightly newer than that geosites page and I might be unaware about latest free developments in Chinese fonts.

If you are not familiar with Linux CLI, LibreElec got system-tools addon package that has mc utility. It will give you GUI and it will come down to creating directory with F7 and copying files from USB flash drive to that directory. USB flash drive should be visible in /var/media directory once you attach it to libreelec pc.

I suspect you need to edit Chrome settings and tell Chrome where to find some fonts that support Chinese charaters. I'd guess that by default it probably uses a minimal font that only has support for "Western" characters. I'm fairly sure Chrome uses its own fonts not the Kodi fonts (hence the difference).

Chrome and Firefox on x86/amd64 use X window fonts. You could try viewing Demonstration of UNICODE to see results. Sorry for long link. Don't want to put link to own site with same page preserved. If user gets empty boxes instead of Chinese, they only have to install fonts in /storage/.fonts/. If user gets display garbled in some other way, then it is other problem.

Maybe I'll check libreelec on ARM some day to see what you got there. Last time I checked x86 build for Chinese support in browser, it had problem only with missing fonts and extra fonts could be installed in root user's home.