Posts by tokul

How can i fix that? How can i run echo in the same way as on every other linux?

Change your command practices and stop using useless "-exec echo {} \;" argument in find. That's default find output and it does not need -exec echo.

I won't argue about busybox find not supporting -ls, cause I understand that not all environments are equal and I accept it.

you are not using gnu find or regular shell and you do not have coreutils installed. your echo comes from busybox shell and is not available as executable.

Technically 'find /input/path -type f -name "*.mkv" -exec echo {} \;' is the same as 'find /input/path -type f -name "*.mkv"'

Control Panel button with your name on top right corner -> Settings -> Notifications.

Or just log out and browse anonymous.

If you are getting email notifications, I don't recall making any efforts to turn them off and I am not getting any.

I've install LibreELEC 9.2.6 on to VMWare virtual machine from LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2.6.ova file. Nothing modified.

After this i've install Locale addon and set UTF8.ru_RU locale. The result can be seen on the screenshots. The third screenshot was made with Arial fonts set in the skin settings.

Perhaps still, not all fonts in the LibreELEC contain symbols to UTF8.ru_RU locale?

Screenshots

In order to see "Рыцари справедливости" as name of your movie, environment should

1. Have "Рыцари справедливости.mp4" file on file system written in utf-8

2. Run filename through windows-1251 to utf-8 converter

3. Display converted output in UTF-8 UI.

That's only one of the ways for breaking it. Step 1 and 2 can be done other way by writing file with wrong name into file system.

I got "На Дерибасовской..." file on generic x86_64 9.2.6 libreelec and it is displayed correctly in ls or GUI. MC displays these characters as question marks, but it does calculate byte length for every ? properly.

Check how you can see those files in ls command output in ssh client that is running in UTF-8. You have to check what you got on your file system before starting to debug MC or Kodi.

So it's a skin problem. Nice :)

It is not. Screenshots in Georgian problem show display with symbols that UI can't display. Original post shows screenshot of Russian that can't get symbol length in bytes right. There is no evidence that data is encoded properly.

"Рыцари справедливости" is "Рыцари справедливости" when utf-8 text is treated as windows-1251.

In X window your fonts are not running in specific encodings. They have symbols matching specific Unicode set of characters. Having correct font won't help, if application does not know correct symbol that it should display.

Georgian problem needs fonts with Georgian character support (Unicode Range "Georgian" 0x10A0 to 0x10FF). This problem needs to read Russian characters properly.

Not sure about that.

Download system rescue cd and check how it sees that device or attach it to any regular Linux OS. Your partition UID looks like LVM. You can find system rescue cd in your favorite search engine or I'll update post with external link, if that's ok with forum moderators. blkid should work on system rescue cd. I don't remember if it comes with pastebinit.

I think I saw posts on forum about libreelec not supporting xfs and I don't see LVM userland utils on my libreelec. Libreelec tends to work with removable or remote storage and they might not expect to see LVM requirement with locally attached disks. Linux based NAS appliance would have LVM support for sure and it would be using lvm by default.

"parted -l | pastebinit" output might give some clues too, if Seagate used correct partition type when formatting that disk.

Like I said, I don't want mini PCs, boards or anything like this. Simple android box where I can install Libreelec on the SD card will be fine.

Android is not the box. You are running ARM kit with custom OS installed by vendor. That OS happens to be Android.

If you expect to use cheap Chinese media center, stick to OS provided by vendor.

If you like to tinker with the kit, get RPi and install libreelec on it.