Posts by dtech

Any ideas about the wireless issue I posted about yesterday? As it seems, our posts happened at almost the same time, so you may have missed it.

You actually posted it 1 minute earlier than I replied to a previous comment, so I really didn't notice.

Unfortunately, my answer to your question is that I have no idea. I have not yet tried to connect to a hotspot that requires authentication under LE. In general, a browser is also required to complete the authentication, which is not available on the box.

I've got an S805 OTTO TV box (MXQ 5g) ---

Pairing the S805 with 5G seemed a bit odd, so I looked it up. The Chinese have created again and built a box in 2022 with a 2014 SoC.

OMG! :|

However, I don't know how the RTL8723AS fits with "5G", because it is only a 2.4 GHz wireless chip. Ok, let's move on...

I'm only using it as an audio endpoint. Currently running with a snapclient, but I will probably add Kodi if I only want to listen to audio in that room (or more the point if my wife does... I'm okay with muting the other systems)

I've got Libreelec on 2 TV systems, and would be happy to swap out armbian for this image - BUT I want to know if the snapclient plugin is supported on this version - and if it includes the newer improvements that when the Kodi audio player starts it allows that to take over, using ALSA not Pulse - I had issues with that on another system)

The Snapserver/Snapclient addons are available, but the factory version in LE9.2 is v0.15, which has not been updated since then.

Unfortunately, I don't use this addon, so I can't answer your question. But the easiest thing is to take an SD card and try the image.

after this i reboot whitout the SD and i get: error in mount_flash: mount_common: could not mount /dev/system

Okay, now you should try to mount the system partition under the system running from the SD card:

Code
    mkdir /tmp/system
    mount -o ro /dev/system /tmp/system
    md5sum /tmp/system/SYSTEM
    md5sum /flash/SYSTEM

If it was successful and the two SYSTEM file checksums match each other (expected value: 23bec528ae6e75828fa5126c8663b6e1), then we continue in another direction, but if we do not get the expected result, then we have the cause of the problem.

Impossible to install on MXQ pro S805 with 2gb (m201C_AP).

Please i need help

On the one hand, it is new information for me that an MXQ Pro box was manufactured with an S805 SoC at all, especially a 2 GB one. I think some part of the information is wrong in this sentence.

On the other hand, if you followed my description, which I also described in the first post of this topic, then exactly at which point did you get stuck? And which image did you even try?

The working LE10 shows that I have 1528MB total RAM; I cannot use the toothpick method to boot into the device, whichever way I try doing the toothpick method, it never seems to get into the necessary state; I could try ssh while in the flashed LE on the box, with the sd card plugged in, and then reboot update or reboot recovery to see if that would make a difference.

I suspect that if by some miracle the toothpick method still succeeds, then the n200 image (without any modification) would be able to boot on your box.

I will also try reflashing without replacing dtb.img and see if that will make a difference.

It's useless to try. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I wanted to point out, because it doesn't matter whether you replace this dtb.img file or not. You can even delete it, because the 3.10 kernel doesn't use that file at all.

Thanks! Have changed the steps value from 10 to 90 but LE is still only working in 6db increments, the steps has absolutly no effect on the ability to fine tune the volume

Okay, that's very strange. Could you elaborate a bit on what device you are using the LE on (PC and/or box or board type) and how you are trying to adjust the volume level (remote control, game controller, keyboard +/- button, or a pysical volume button/encoder, etc.).

Hello, thank you for the suggestion, I just reflashed the same build ( LibreELEC-n200-AP6330_2G.arm-9.2.8.8.img.gz ) replacing the .dtb file you linked as: dtb.img and also kernel.img file; still no boot from sd card or usb.

The v3.10-based legacy kernel does not care about dtb.img, it only cares about the one integrated in the kernel.img file. So, it is unnecessary to exchange dtbs under the old kernel, because it will have no effect. In addition, the Meson8* devices cannot boot the OS from an USB drive, so it is worth trying only from an SD card.

The aml_autoscript under each version also differs, so if you do not use the toothpick method, it is not certain that it will boot. LE10 test versions are not compatible with the old 9.x. So you may have 2GB of RAM, but if you did the toothpick with the LE10, you have to do it again for the 9.x version. (And vice-versa...)

How much memory does the working LE10 show? (Due to the root squashfs filesystem unpacked into the memory, it will be less, so if there is around 1.5 GB, you actually have 2 GB RAM in your box.)

Thank you for pointing me towards the LE 9.2.8 release. It would be nice to have something a little more current to play with. Perhaps even LE11+.

I would also recommend the LE11, but if you want to use the built-in tuner in your WP2, it will unfortunately not work at the moment.

As a reassurance, I have the same TvHeadend (v4.2.8-36 and v4.3-6091) and Oscam version (2022-10-22) in my LE9.2 repo as in the current LE11.

Leia might be out of date, but I'm updating some packages for it: https://github.com/dtechsrv/Libre…master/packages

I am trying to go from 9.2.8 CoreELEC since they dont support -ng for S912 to LibreELEC 11.0.1 but upon burning the microSD, setting the correct DTB for the box and inserting it into the box and then do a 'reboot update' and the screen goes black after the initial splash screen for Beeliknk. I dont know if I am doing something wrong with the new ways to boot from SD or do I need to flash it back to stock firmware first then try again?

For versions based on the mainline kernel (LE10+), the dtb setting is different compared to legacy versions.

Please check if you have done the settings correctly as described in the description:

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic#box-images

- booting other roms : LibreELEC-n200-AP6330_2G.arm-9.2.8.8.img.gz and LibreELEC-MXIII-Plus.arm-9.2.8.8.img.gz respectively to no avail

I have a hunch that you only have 1GB of RAM in your box, and then these images won't even start.

Please try this method:

command doesnt do mutch also after it trying to boot whitout sd same result not booting

Nothing is displayed because the output is sent to /dev/null. Okay, new round...

Code
    echo $(cat /proc/device-tree/le-dt-id)
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1
    dd if="/usr/share/bootloader/device_trees/gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb" of=/dev/dtb bs=256k

If it has already run, please send me the output as well.

tryed to update the internal again and seen in the writing its updating the device tree to gxl_p212_2g.dtb can i force it that it ll use gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb when updating from tar

It's quite interesting to me how that can happen, because the update script looks for the le-dt-id value in the dtb, and it is clearly "gxl_p212_2g_nand".

Please boot from the SD card containing the v9.2.8.8 LE image and apply the following command:

Code
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 2> /dev/null
    dd if="/flash/device_trees/gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb" of=/dev/dtb bs=256k 2> /dev/null

Then turn off the box, remove the SD card and try to boot from the internal eMMC.

ive a Tanix TX5 Pro S905X 2GB and its installed on internal eMMC i reinstalled again till LibreELEC-MXQ-4K-Pro_2G.arm-9.2.8.6

Okay, we are now one step closer to the fact that you are using the factory dtb of MXQ Pro 4K+, which is already named gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb in the Generic_S905 version since 9.2.8.7.

I still recommend testing an SD card with the latest version (v9.2.8.8) and the dtb mentioned above.