Posts by YatYAs

Ok I got it sorted. For anyone else using Ubuntu:

Code
    client min protocol = SMB2
    client max protocol = SMB3

Add that under [global] to your smb.conf file, found in the hidden section of your home folder (mine is /home/wolf)

then restart smdb

Code
    sudo smdb restart

I understood almost none of that. So what you are saying is I need to add a network location on my linux computer? Thanks for the tip on re scraping, adding new media hasnt been working consistently.

I switched the minimum smb to smb1 and it still doesnt work. I think a trip to the Ubuntu forums is warranted.

And now my desktop does't see the samba shares on the Libre Elec device. As a matter of fact, librelec device doesnt show up as an option. The device itself works fine, but i need access for such things as naming conventions and library maintenance.

I run Transmission on it, and I can access it thru the web console. I can also access the device via the Chorus Kodi remote web console. It just doesn't show up in nautilus. ( I'm running Ubuntu 17.10)

Its raspi3 running LE8.2.3 and Kodi 17.6

EDIT: I can also access the raspi with FileZilla.

Is your storage partition running out of disk space?

EDIT: Were you speaking of the storage on the SD card or the removable drive?

According to properties dialog boxes in both Linux and Windows, I have 400ish gb of space left. I'm going to find a windows computer and chkdsk /f it, and defrag and see if that helps.

I switched from Openelec to Libre because y'all have 17.1 Kodi already. I multi boot four operating systems on a Raspi, Ubuntu Mate, OpenElec, RetroPie, and and of course Libreelec.

I don't run any illegal addons.

So I was hard at work with filebot converting my movies to the proper naming convention. I accidentally dropped the entire folder into the trash, and emptied it absentmindedly. When I realize what i did, i immediately unmounted the drive. It took the better art of the week but i got all my files back from a combination of Testdisk and ntfsundelete.

But now that drive doesn't read in Libre. Which is weird because its a Western Digital and it mounts two partitions, MYBook where the data is, and Smartware, where the utilities are. So the OS sees the drive, just not that partition.

The drive reads on all the other os on the same rasp pi. It also reads on Windows 10.
    Also, it is a powered drive, so it shouldnt be overwhelming the Raspi current wise.

Plus I can't figure out why Kodi 17.1 used to be able to read the drive and now only reads part of it.

Id really hate to have to scrap a 2tb drive, but I have to admit i am at a loss at what to do here.