Posts by Alomon

Just tried it. When I do ps -ef, I have:

25197 root 0:00 openvpn /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/CyberGhost/United States (UDP).ovpn

Then ping works perfectly. But I still can't SSH into Libreelec from outside ("Timeout connecting to xxx.duckdns.org").

My Pi is connected to my router (ISP box), on which port forwarding is setup so as I can access my home network via my duckdns address. That's pretty simple, ports 22 and 443 are redirected to the Pi.

When the VPN is activated, should I still be able to connect via my duckdns address? Or should I use the VPN address?

Thanks again.

Hi,

Thanks for your easy-to-use add-on!

I have set it up using a paid Cyberghost VPN. However I'm facing an issue. Libreelec is installed on a Raspberry Pi. It hosts, among other stuff, Docker and a Nextcloud instance (+ letsencrypt with duckdns). When I connect the VPN, then I cannot access Nextcloud from outside my network. I do not have any error message, it just tries to loads the page indefinitely...

Is there a way to understand where the issue comes from and, finally, to solve it?

Thanks

Hi,

I do have a Rpi 4. But Libreelec is installed on a Rpi 2 for now. How easy would it be to move my Libreelec setup from the 2 to the 4? It seems that just moving the SD card from one to the other is not enough? Would I lose anything if I export my Libreelec to settings from the GUI and import it back on the new one (parameters, add-ons,...)?

Thanks

For further reference, I would advise anyone who wants to migrate from a Rpi to another to install a fresh Libreelec on the new one and use the backup/restore function of Libreelec. That worked perfectly for me from a Pi2 to a Pi4, just had to adjust some add-ons but it was no big deal.

Hi,

I do have a Rpi 4. But Libreelec is installed on a Rpi 2 for now. How easy would it be to move my Libreelec setup from the 2 to the 4? It seems that just moving the SD card from one to the other is not enough? Would I lose anything if I export my Libreelec to settings from the GUI and import it back on the new one (parameters, add-ons,...)?

Thanks

Great, th'as up and running, now ;) The certificate is valid and my browers and other apps are happy!

Thank you again for the help and the great job with all those docker add-ons! Sorry if I missed some information in the docs sometimes, but one can admit that there are a lot of sources of information: your website, readme files, multiple forum posts here... And some of them are outdated, so it is quite hard for a beginner to find the right information.

That's what I thought it was due to, thanks for the confirmation. So if I'm right, letsencrypt container should be created with -e SUBDOMAINS=wildcard \. But then, I can't find a way to make the server automatically load Nextcloud when we access http://www.domain.duckdns.org. Do I understand well?

And ultimately, will it allow browsers and external applications to access my instance without doubting about the certificate? Our should I use another validation method for that?

Thanks.

Hi,

Now I think I've got it installed, I used CLI to be able to monitor everything:

Code
    docker create \
      --name=nextcloud \
      --net=lsio \
      -e PUID=65534 \
      -e PGID=100 \
      -e TZ=Europe/London \
      -v /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/docker.linuxserver.nextcloud/config:/config \
      -v /storage/.kodi/userdata/docker.linuxserver.nextcloud/data:/data \
      --restart unless-stopped \
      linuxserver/nextcloud

Then:

Code
    docker start mariadb
    docker start nextcloud
    docker start letsencrypt

I used a custom dhparams to speed things up as explained here. I also had to edit nextcloud.subdomain.conf file with proxy_max_temp_file_size 1024m; as explained there. Then docker restart letsencrypt.

I can now access to my Nextcloud instance via https://nextcloud._MY_DOMAIN_.duckdns.org. Howerver, my browsers still trigger a safety alert regarding the certificate because the certificate is for _MY_DOMAIN_.duckdns.org and not for nextcloud._MY_DOMAIN_.duckdns.org.

I tried as well to install letsencrypt with wildcard as SUBDOMAINS but got the same error because the certificate was for *._MY_DOMAIN_.duckdns.org.

This seems to provide other applications to access Nextcloud (in my case, Home Assistant).

Is there a solution fot that?

Thanks again

Hi,

I've read your well written guide and I've understood a lot of things now. But still, if I follow the instructions about Nextcloud installation and adapt them to LE, I understand I just have to install Nextcloud add-on, Mariadb add-on and letsencrypt add-on, then adapt config files (for Nextcloud ans letsencrypt) and router configuration as explained. However, I still think that Nextcloud and Letsencrypt listen to the same port (443), which prevents the setup to work. What did I miss in your guide? Should I change a port somewhere?

Thanks again

P.S.: I forgot to mention that I keep on getting an error on letsencrypt logs: [emerg] "proxy_max_temp_file_size" directive invalid value in /config/nginx/proxy-confs/nextcloud.subdomain.conf:33

OK, thanks.

Just one thing which is not really documented: can I keep my Nextcloud instance on port 443? I've read somewhere that with letsencrypt, no other application should listen to port 443. If not, I would have to uninstall it completely before going further.

Moreover, I've read that a docker network might be necessary, is it mandatory here with linuxserver containers? [Edit: while trying to setup a docker network, I've seen one is already created, named lsio]

Sorry if it's a lot of questions, but the doc is not so easy to find (lot of pages/posts on different websites, especially due to Libreelec integration...).

Thanks again

Hi,

Sorry but I will need help here.

I've installed Letsencrypt addon and configured it with:

- Port 80: 85 (and, on my router, redirected port 80 from outside to port 85 on the Raspberry)

- URL: my personal url which is registered at no-ip.com (xxx.ddns.net) and configured as a Dyndns on my router. This DNS works as I can still access my Nextcloud instance which is on port 443 (is that a problem?)

- subdomains: I don't really know what to write here as I don't have any registered subdomain. It could be great to be able to access, i.e. Nextcloud via nc.xxx.ddns.net, but I don't have any idea if it is possible and how to do that. So I've tried to write "www,nc" for further use.

- validation method: http

I waited for the log to show the result of the installation, I don't have it anymore but I got a message saying that subdomains were unreachable so I had to check my config.

Could you please help me in understanding what I missed?

Thanks

Nextcloud web ui log doesn't show anything in particular. Do we have access to other logs? docker logs docker.linuxserver.nextcloud returns nothing.

Is there a way to switch to http instead of https to avoid any certificate problem when interfacing Nextcloud with other apps?

Thanks

Hi,

Now I have a fully functional Nextcloud setup (to sum up: Nextcloud as linuxserver Docker add-on on Libreelec with a shared external storage), I would like to be able to automatically save my calendars on a daily basis. I have found a script made on that purpose, but it doesn't seem to be adapted to my setup. It asks for mariadb-client package to be installed, which I don't really understand.

Moreover, I have found some commands using wget, but it requires to login to my Nextcloud account, however wget in Libreelec (from Busybox) does not accept any authentification parameter:

Could you please help me finding the right command for my setup?

Thanks.

I've already tried that on a fresh install. It did not work, then I saw the switch to enable USB pass through, which I activated and entered /dev/ttyACM0 as parameter just below.

P.S.: I just tried a new install with your suggested parameter and I confirm I get the same error messages. Actually, previously I typed "--device /dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0", which seems to be the same...

Hi,

Sorry for using this old topic, but I find it appropriate.

First of all, my setup. LibreElec is on my Raspberry Pi4. I added Docker and linuxserver add-ons, especially Domoticz. I have a RFlink gateway connected via USB to the Raspberry. The gateway is connected to port /dev/ttyACM0, which I set up on Domoticz add-on configuration.

My problem now. When I add the gateway to Domoticz hardwares, Domoticz log returns "Error opening serial port" every 30 seconds.

I know the gateway works because I've tested it on Windows and, moreover, with Home Assistant that I previously installed on the same Raspberry. I can see things coming on this port with cat /dev/ttyACM0 (unreadable but presumably RF messages).

Do you have an idea where it could come from?

Thanks.