Posts by Alomon

Hi,

Libreelec is installed on my Raspberry, which is linked to my TV via an AV amp, with only HDMI cables. If I start my TV before my Raspberry, then the image fits perfectly in my TV. However, if I start my Raspberry before starting my TV, then the image is bigger than my TV, thus I have to reboot my Raspberry for it to fit my TV.

Is there a way to fix the size of the image in order to make it fit my TV even if it is off?

Thanks.

Regards

OK, I understand. Libreelec is certainly not the best OS to host Nextcloud, I guess? I tried DietPi but had some difficulties as well, maybe I didn't try enough...

One thing I have learnt now: we often have to wait after doing an action on Libreelec/Docker for it to be effective. It might be the same with other OS...

That's very detailed, thank you for all those explanations!

I think I will try the last option: keep /data folder on the internal SD card and share the external storage via Nextcloud app. I will make sure the users don't put too many files in the root directory (/data), which is size limited.

How can you explain we couldn't use something as -v /var/media/MyBook:/data?

Hello,

Now, when I validate the wizard, I still get the "504 gateway time out" error. Then I go back to my IP, but the wizard is still displaying! I would expect to get a connection form...

If I try again to create my admin account, the wizard tells me the username already exists, which suggests that the account is created but I still don't have the opportunity to connect with it.

I tried to start from scratch and do this again, I got the same behavior...

Any idea?

Thanks

Edit:

Ahah, now after just waiting for a while and refreshing the page, this error is back: "Your data directory is readable by other users..."

I can't understand it :(

Alomon just pushed an update to the mariadb addon. You can now enter database name, user and pass into its settings

I'm just not sure about one thing: in Nextcloud wizard, after selecting MariaDB, which user details should I enter? Root or the one I entered on MariaDB Kodi GUI? And should I use one of them as Nextcloud admin account credentials?

Thanks

(My HDD is now formatted as exFAT)

Edit: found out, disregard my message.

Great, thanks. After reinstalling mariadb add-on and entering the information on the GUI, do I still have something to do via SSH (privileges and so on) or should I just install Nectcloud with these information ?

Edit:

I've tried to enter some credentials for Nextcloud admin account. Then, in MariaDB parameter, I copied the information I already entered on Kodi GUI. But now I get a "504 Gateway Time-out" error. Does it ring a bell?

Edit 2:

OK, I just waited for a moment and refreshed the page, the previous error disappeared. But I get another one: "Your data directory is readable by other users...". I understand it might have something to do with my external storage (USB, NTFS). I selected my /data folder on Nextcloud parameters box (on Libreelec), but shouldn't I change something in fstab?

OK, I'm in! Now I've tried different things that still don't work, so I still need help. I used this tutorial: [NextCloud] NextCloud 12.0 installation with MariaDB and PHP 7.1

When in mariadb CLI, I create the database: CREATE DATABASE nextcloud;

Then the user: CREATE USER my-name@my-server-ip IDENTIFIED BY 'my-password';

Then grant privileges: GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON nextcloud.* to my-name@my-server-ip IDENTIFIED BY 'my-password'; and FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Back to Nextcloud web interface, I enter all these information:

- Nextcloud credentials: my-name and my-password (same as in SQL commands)

For Mariadb:

- User: root

- Password: the one I chose before on Kodi GUI

- Database name: nextcloud

- Database host: mariadb:3306

I still get an error (SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'oc_my-name'@'docker.linuxserver.nextcloud.lsio' (using password: YES))

Where am I wrong?

Thanks

OK. that's useful and it explains why I can find various methods on the web. But then, how do I create the database? Once again, I've found multiple ways to do so (SSH or not) and don't know which one I should follow.

Thanks

Edit:

Here is what I've tried so far:

On Kodi, install MariaDB container from LinuxServer.io deposit)

Chose a root password for MariaDB on Kodi GUI

Wait for the container to be created (checked with "docker ps" command)

On Nextcloud web interface now:

Enter some Nextcloud credentials (administrator user name and password)

Chose MariaDB as database type

- User: root

- Password: the one I chose before on Kodi GUI

- Database name: nc

- Database host: mariadb:3306

Now I get this error message: "SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'oc_root'@'docker.linuxserver.nextcloud.lsio' (using password: YES)"

Ok, that's what I've done, now when I go to my Pi IP, I get the page asking for information to finish the installation (Great!)

I type in some admin user name and password. Then I select a MySQL database (I would like to use some advanced features). But there is something I don't undrrstand: should this database be created before the installation (then I would enter this database information) or will this assistant create a database (based on the information I provide here) ?

I confess I firstly considered the latter option, but got an error message: "SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory". If I have to create a database, could you please help me in doing so?

Thanks again.

I did exactly what Iridium suggests, except the last step (mapping /data folder) because I understand I should begin with adding a "-v ..." parameter to the nextcloud container. Am I right?

Moreover, considering my hard drive is named "My Book" - with a space inside the name - how do you suggest I should write the /data folder parameter? Should I write "/media/My Book/nextcloud" or "/media/My\ Book/nextcloud" or something else?

Thank you.

Hello,

For several days now, I've been reading and trying a lot to install a Nextcloud server on my Pi2B. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a clear tutorial for this installation, as I am quite a newbie. For instance, most of the posts/docs ask to chown data folder or to perform some other commands which are not allowed in LibreElec, from what I understand.

So what I would like is to install Docker (done) then Nextcloud (done) on my Pi, but I can't manage on using my external hard drive (plugged to the Pi via USB and automatically mounted on "/media/My Book") as my Nextcloud data folder. I understand there are some operations to perform before launching the Nextcloud web interface ? Not sure...

Could someone help me with that operation?

Thank you.

Regards