Posts by kapqa

Hello ,

i just got a fancy new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+,

and trying to figure out how to disable WiFi with Libreelec installed?

Please let me know how to do it.

this post here seem suggest to go to /boot/config.txt but it does not seem present in libreelec.

/boot/config.txt

How do I turn off wifi? - Raspberry Pi Forums

thank you

it says

Code
     rfkill list
    0: hci0: bluetooth
    	Soft blocked: no
    	Hard blocked: no
    1: phy0: wlan
    	Soft blocked: yes
    	Hard blocked: no

however, i would like both Bluetooth + Wiùfi "HardBlocked" as best as possible, thanks.

tested again with the Raspberry Pi 1,

would have to correct myself, the CEC feature function beautifully with Libreelec 9.0.2.

Have ordered now the Raspberry Pi 3 B, hope it is a good choice, since the other SBC have here struggle with the VC1 codec playback (those from Bluray)

Hello ,

i have on Rock64 SBC and several other Raspberry Pi/Pine Board,

and noticed that when i install Libreelec on Rock64,

can use TV remote out of the Box with the Unit which is very handy.

However, the Rock64 is unstable , so would like to use another SBC instead for Libreelec.

Could you please advise on what i need to lookout on specs for SBC to achieve the same with a newer SBC (compatibility with IR Remote) without need for additional devices like FLirc.

or could you advise for a good SBC with Librelec compatiblity?

Have thought of N2*plus but it is rather expensive.

The same functionality is not found when i would install Librelec on a Raspberry Pi1 or 2 or Pine64 A64 out of the box.

Thanks.

thank you for the good answer,ùì have found out myself in meantime that this is the case. finally the rock64 seems stable enough with kodi20 libreelec so i can use that board for 10bit (used to crash very often, latest release seem stable; maybe i just got a bit wanky unit).

will save some money then for a later board like quartz64 or odroid n2+ the likes.

Depends which board you have. Common mistake is to use non-plus image on plus board. Ethernet is slightly different.

alright, thanks, my error, i needed the (+) image, not the normal a64. however, it seeems nightly is only available in a64,

or is the nightly for a64(+) the one ending in .tar here

alright, thanks, my error, i needed the (+) image, not the normal a64, or is the a64(+) the one with .tar ending here

Index of / ?

thanks, already seen :)

someone has scrapped the older kernel images, bad idea, as those were seemingly more reliable most of the time.

sorry, but i must have downloaded the wrong images, the ones for my board are the ones with the (+), not the normal a64 images it seems.

should settle then.

Something like that was fixed about a week ago. Which image did you try? Try latest nightly image.

Only latest nightly and beta1 images are available, but beta1 won't work for you.

thanks, i have 2 images here, one is nightly-20210407 i am testing now;

the original libreelec for pine a64 had separate images for 512 and 1gb/2gb a64 versions?

ok, sadly i have not saved probably enough of those earlier images, that could now come in handy.

its totally buggy, the worst ive downloaded so far; sorry to say that, buts true.

you did however not get my point, i am not able to download any images with the software; am just able to write images to sdcard that have been previously downloaded and inserted via "select file".

Hello,

i have downloaded usb-sdcardcreator.win32 for windows 7 64bit and separate image librelec 10 for pinea64.

however, id like to download also older images if possible,

but the software does not show any hits when i click on the "select version" field on the right next to "allwinner a64".

ticking "show all" does not change anything.

i tried with normal privileges and also with admin rights.

could this be related to me using windows 7 64bit?

thanks

Thanks, i was already looking for such an adapter, but have not resolved yet. Was thinking of putting a SataHDD maybe 750GB or more but an SSD would certainly even better respond.

The one curious thing is that i have a .mkv made from a Bluray 1080p via makemkv that i put on a USB stick and play from there in ATV1 with OpenElec 6.0.1 (after i found that in OSMC it would mostly fail to playback from internal AND USB).

The codec shown in makemkv is Mpeg4 AVC [email protected]

and the mkv would yield around 50-60fps on a Pine64, around 50 on a Rock64, and only 6 fps on the Raspberry Pi2-B (with the 2codecs correctly enabled via serialnumber).

on the ATV1 with BHCD915 it would be around 12-24 fps but playback would abort at around 6 minutes 12 seconds or so.

the audio would continue but the picture would stall, which i found rather strange.

would you please investigate this?

hastebin

Thank you very much for your help.

EDIT: actually the Rock64 performs less with around 25Fps so probably the driver is not so evoluted with Rockchip for Libreelec yet; also the Rock64 is very unstable, no matter what software i use; probably i got a less stable unit. the PineA64 however is most stable and performs well - was impressed by it from the start.