Posts by jock2

I've a similar board (mine is mx4vr-v01). The image that works for me is the one for "MXQ 4K Pro, RK3228A, DDR3".

Probably you need to replace kernel dtb because in my case the image boots, turn on blue led but freeze with blank screen.

So I've extracted the dtb from my android firmware and used that.

That one is a MXQ 4K (without Pro), so you get RK3228A and DDR2 memories (not DDR3).

I will try this method, but i'm afraid of erasing flash on my box, since I don't have the firmware to flash android back later if necessary... (since it is a chinese version of T95Z, I couldn't find it on internet).

Is it possible to backup the flash/rom using rkdeveloptool? Is there any other way o backup my image?

Yes, you can also backup your existing firmware using rkdeveloptool. I added some instructions in the first page on how to backup and restore the firmware based on those from the rk3288. I cannot test them right now because I don't have a mal e-to-mal e cable.

Otherwise you could follow fabiobassa advice and mix armbian rootfs with libreelec boot - there are more instructions on a link on the first page on armbian forum again.

Yet, if you have issues or questions about armbian, it is much better to write there so other armbian users can help you (you may also ask user hexdump who made the working libreelec boot + armbian rootfs mix)

How is it going? Do you have any guide on how to boot it on TV Box?

Well, at the moment legacy 4.4 kernel works fine. About mainline kernel, I imported knaerzche patches and they works fine, but at the moment the Lima driver does not work with X11.

Some installation instructions and (old) images are available on the armbian forum

Other than that, you should be perfectly able to use rkdeveloptool to burn the image directly on the embedded emmc and it should work flawlessy.

Are you saying that it should be rk3228 even though AIDA 64 says rk3229? For the price paid, I was aware that s912 wouldn't be the chip inside.

Is there any android APP that I might run to see some chips information? Ie: Wireless chip, DDR3 or other... etc.

I will give it a try with the image you suggested. Thank you very much!

We reviewed several rk322x boards and found a board which has a SoC marked as rk3229, reports the signature of rk3229 from the efuse but does not boot with rk3229 images. Instead it boots with rk3228 images; so, yes!, rockchip really made a mess around this chip.

Yeah, that's mainline issue due to missing temperature monitor driver. 1.5Ghz @ 1.3volts is actually already a overclocking, more like 1.3 GHz would be maximum. Anyway, you don't need any of that extra speed if you watch videos which are HW decoded.

I agree, 1Ghz should be more than enough for most workloads.

Can you check if this is related to tinkerboard: disable 5s polling for CEC adapters by viulian · Pull Request #3506 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub ?

After a quick read of the issue description, I bet it is the issue. Looking at the patches, the affected source file quite matches the name of the offending thread

Tried the Orange PI PC image and it looks like it is working quite well.

I spotted something that doesn't look right to me:

* The Orange PI PC device tree operating points table has only three states, and the fastest is 1.0 Ghz. As far as I remember, the SoC was supposed to run up to 1.5Ghz @ 1.3volts

* There is no cpufreq driver built in the kernel. Is it expected?

* About CEC, there is a Kodi thread that apparently is using a lot of cpu time related to CEC. Doing a strace over it seems to continously scan the /sys directory in search for something and never stops. Maybe there's something missing to let it find the proper CEC device to listen to

Hello, as long as kwiboo released some test images for rockchip devices, I may take a look into.

Besides, armbian has Community support for the chiptrip q8 (and variants) with all the hardware working, just check the download section for xt-q8l-v10 board. Be careful to read the installation instructions.

You can use that for a quick jump if you're eager to get LE support for that box