Posts by geno

Provide a proper kodi.log (debug-enabled) next time you do your 'bug report' , since the term "slight errors" is not a helpful description.

I'll be happy to add a log next time.
    I had described at the beginning that the image freezes in some 4k films during the course of the film.
    But this only happens with a few exceptions and always with the same scenes.
    As I said, I will make a log for it.

hi,

In version 20191115 the configuration settings can be opened again.
    The restarts of the posters don't seem to occur anymore.
    Slight errors with some 4k movies still occur as described.
    But what is especially problematic is that the smb accesses are still not possible.
    For comparison in the RK3399.arm-9.1.502-rockpro64.img.gz this error does not occur. 2 weeks ago this bug didn't occur with the nightlys either.
    I hope this helps.

The current version LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-9.80-nightly-20191109-a0d479c-rockpro64.img.gz has the following bugs:
    -no connection to the network server (although it exists)
    -LibreELEC configuration cannot be opened
    -when changing the graphic of a poster a restart occurs
    -in some 4k movies the picture freezes. These movies run flawlessly via the integrated player in the tv. So it is not due to defective files.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks for the great work.
    The system is getting more and more stable.
    Most of the movies are running fine and except for some minor problems the system is working fine.

The problem persists with the version LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-9.80-nightly from 2019-08-03.

Are there RockPro users who could work around the problem?
    I have had the image freeze since several versions. The alpha version LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-9.1.002-rockpro64.img.gz does not have this problem. But most Remuxes simply display a black image in places.

Unfortunately I did not find any bugs in the logs which contribute to the solution.
    But I can upload a log if someone can contribute to the solution.

check the logs, look for errors.

I found the following errors:

2019-08-02 11:09:38.984 T:4071264256 DEBUG: DBus method call to org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.CanStop at /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager of org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit was not provided by any .service files

2019-08-02 11:23:54.486 T:4049347456 DEBUG: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error of 21.740620, start adjusting
    2019-08-02 11:23:54.486 T:4049347456 DEBUG: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error 0.740620 below threshold of 30.000000
    2019-08-02 11:23:55.487 T:3658253184 DEBUG: CDVDClock::ErrorAdjust - CVideoPlayerAudio::OutputPacket - error:-29886.783229, adjusted:-16666.666667

At the time of freezing, I didn't find any error.

I could also attach a complete log if that would help.

Can other rockpro64 users see full 4k movies?

When I watch 4k movies with version 06072019 the picture freezes after about 10-15 minutes. Can anyone see a complete 4k remux on rockpro64 with the current version?
    Are there any settings I need to change?
    I use active cooling and the device stays cold.

Hi,
    The problem still exists with the current version of 2019-07-28. Does nobody else have the problem? Can I contribute to the solution?

Hi, everybody,
    I have the rockpro64 and the ROCKPro64 PCI-E To Dual SATA-II Interface Card with the chipset: ASMedia ASM1061.
    This is from the shop itself. On some operating systems of Pine64 this works by itself. Unfortunately this is not the case with Libreelec. Is it possible to integrate this into one of the next nightlys?
    Or can someone explain to me how to integrate the drivers into librelec? I would like to use the board with the nas case but unfortunately I have to connect the harddisk via usb at the moment.
    Thanks for the help.

it looks similar to me.
    I regularly test the latest nightlys and can see all the movies up to a certain size. Unfortunately my remux movies about 40gb are not running smoothly. neither on the rock64 nor on the rockpro64. But I'm good that it will eventually run and like to continue testing. Thank you for your good work.

in the version 20190509 most of the movies are very smooth on the rockpro64. on the rock64 there is still a slight stutter. My rock64 has only a passive cooling. my rock pro64 has an active cooling and of course more power.
    Few films have a black screen in certain scenes. directly reproduced from the tv, this black image does not exist in very specific scenes.
    I am grateful for your great work and I love to keep testing.
    I still have a small problem, I can only use cec on one of the two devices at the moment. can I change this over the attitudes of the cec?

Hi !

just for reference, I run the last nightly build on my rock64 4GB without big problem. I am able to play SD, HD, some 4K and some 4K HD without problem. And I don't have to disable "allow hardware acceleration-PRIME"

Some weeks ago I had some problem with SD content that was not smooth when playing it, but now everything paly well.

Some of my 4K and 4K HDR do not work but others 4K and 4K HDR work well.

it looks similar to me.
    I regularly test the latest nightlys and can see all the movies up to a certain size. Unfortunately my remux movies about 40gb are not running smoothly. neither on the rock64 nor on the rockpro64. But I'm good that it will eventually run and like to continue testing. Thank you for your good work.