Posts by dankec

I have tvheadend backend on my synology nas and simpletv frontend on kodi for it. Everything's work great but sometimes I have to re-enable (disable and enable) LIVE TV in kodi in order to wake up HDD on synology NAS.

Is there any way to wake up NAS as soon as I start my media box, in order to avoid this problem.

If is working on sdcard for you can install on nand if you like...i like android on nand and alexelec on sdcard....

Tried with SD card, working great except 3 things:

- Bluetooth's not working on me. Tried turn it off and on again. No adapter found
    - I cannot find File Manager any more! I intended to restore my previous .kodi settings but could not found a solution how to copy backup file to /backup folder which is needed for restore (I couldn't choose SMB device)
    - Restart to games is working but not the resolution on my TV

Is it even possible to restore settings from kodi 16.1 ti kodi 17?

Dankec
    Many thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try and let you know the outcome.

Thanks once again
    [hr]
    Dankec
    You're a star, the update worked perfectly and I now have LibreElec on my device :D
    The only issue I have now is that four of my remote button functions are transposed (volume up / down mapped to Home / submenu, rather than the other way round). Other than that it works like a dream.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Button problem could be solved easily. Just install keymap editor addon:
    Add-on:Keymap Editor - Official Kodi Wiki
    and configure keys as you like.

Best regards!

king at the link you gave, the .tar file contains files, folders, etc. How to I install usi

king at the link you gave, the .tar file contains files, folders, etc. How to I install usi

1. It's impossible to say without box opening. Just try with the image and see if it's working...
    2. Download .zip file (you don't need .tar at the moment). Put it on SD card (do not extract zip file). Insert SD card into box. Put box into recovery mode using toothpick method (google for toothpick method if you're not familiar with the procedure). Choose "Update from EXT", select zip file from SD card. Wait. Reboot box.

Hi Dankec,
    Used rufus 2.11p.exe & Used Kingston 16gb SD card
    Select your card drive & select downloaded .img.xz file & press start.

Let it write. Once done...

Put it in M8S sdcard slot -> hold reset button with toothpick while inserting power plug -> wait only 5 - 8 seconds only (or as soon as you see M8S logo release it) -> release tooth pick - wait 10 seconds & remove power & SD card.

Make again new USB key -> delet aml_autoscript file -> insert into any one USB -> insert power plug -> logo S812 or M8S comes -> wait...wait...wait.... LibreELEC will show up within 30 to 40 seconds ->first time takes time -> first time it will setup system & will reboot by itself -> now it will boot directly into LibreELEC after M8S logo.

Makaai...

Thanks, Makaai. I did try once again with the same image maker and the same firmware as you, but I'm using Sandisk SD card 16gb.
    Same result, same (logo - black screen-logo) problem. I give up and will wait for Kerber's future solution, or will return to openelec 6.95 which is working just fine.

Thanks all and bye!