Posts by DarrenHill

I'd also wonder a little if the IP address of the Win10 PC has been changed/reassigned by the router when it rebooted.

If so the links within KODI may now point to the wrong address and so failing? You can see the IP address in the web dashboard page of the router (usually) and the address that the LE source is using by editing it.

sprungle.us -> sprunge.us :)
    [hr]
    There's a kernel oops during the initial boot, which is presumably related to the USB WiFi hardware (Ralink RT2800USB_RT53XX).

This may require popcornmix to diagnose this further.

Can you try my latest test build based on kernel 4.10.5 and Kodi 18a1: RPi - let's see if this is any better (may give a clue).

milhouse - ok tried the image and it works fine for both lirc and usb.

So it's specifically 8.0.1 that has the issue. I'm now rolled back to 8.0.0 again as the skin i use (Amber) isn't Leia compatible yet.

Where should we go from here?

sprungle.us -> sprunge.us :)
    [hr]
    There's a kernel oops during the initial boot, which is presumably related to the USB WiFi hardware (Ralink RT2800USB_RT53XX).

This may require popcornmix to diagnose this further.

Can you try my latest test build based on kernel 4.10.5 and Kodi 18a1: RPi - let's see if this is any better (may give a clue).

Oops :blush: corrected.

I will, but give me a few days as I'm traveling at the moment and would rather back the card up first so i can roll back afterwards properly. I'm now back on 8.0.0 and everything is working fine again (after re-enabling the lirc in the config addon).

I had to hot plug the WiFi dongle to get it working, so it could be.

Can you run:

Code
    journalctl -a | pastebinit
    vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | pastebinit
    cat /flash/config.txt | pastebinit

then post the links.

http://sprunge.us/hbQJ
    http://sprunge.us/FQNM
    http://sprunge.us/ICBL

There was also a little more information in the boot text -

http://sprunge.us/XhhY

Also under 8.0.1 the lirc enable/disable option seems to have vanished from the services tab in the LE add-on? Should it be there?

Just updated my Pi Zero from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1 and having issues with LIRC and USB.

When it boots under 8.0.1 I get some boot text over the LibreElec splash screen, including a failure ("Failed to start udev Coldplug all Devices"). The booting continues normally to the end, but when I get there the USB devices connected (a drive plus wifi dongle) aren't working, nor is the LIRC remote (on GPIO).

If I unplug and replug the USB devices they are detected and start working, but I can't see any way to get the LIRC up (in the services tab of the LE config add-on there's no LIRC enable/disable option any more?)

Downgraded to 8.0.0 and all is working again (once the LIRC is re-enabled in the 8.0.0 config add-on).

Grabbed a log, but it doesn't say anything much (Ubuntu Pastebin).

Running the beta 7.90.005 on a Pi zero as an upgrade from 7.0.2 and trying to add a couple of new psk2 WiFi networks and neither work. Non password protected networks add fine, but both the protected ones come back with an error (network error, did not receive a reply) and won't let me connect. Both networks work fine with other devices (phone and tablet) using the same credentials.

Connection to a previously stored password protected network (from 7.0.2) worked fine, this is new since the beta upgrade.

I'll grab a debug log at the weekend (I'm on a business trip with no way to get it off the Pi and onto PasteBin until I get home) but wanted to see if anyone else could test and see if it's a big or something specific to my setup (or an upgrade glitch perhaps).

Mine only has it on 1 of the two HDMI ports, although they are labelled differently as well.

I fairly often have to re-enable it if I switch sources and then go back to HDMI 2 where the Pi is connected. The Pi appears as "HDD Recorder" (or something like that) under the Simplink menu, in my TV via the green button from the sources menu.

If I would know how to this implement this feature on LE, I gladly would.
    Moreover, I gather from your reply the addon works for you, even without this feature.
    I therefore keep this feature on my to-do list, but with a very low priority

Maybe have a look at the code for the backup add-on, as that has such a configurable timer in it for kicking things off.

Like MikeKL I've also got this addon running very nicely on my Pi2, hooked up with Primaeval's configurator and fullscreen TV guide add-ons plus iPlayer WWW, ITV, BLXD's old TV Catch-up and Radio add-ons as media sources. They all seem to be playing very nicely together, so my box now has a nice Freeview-based TV and radio guide as back-up for when the OTA signal gets screwed up by atmospherics.

I would agree that being able to set the time/frequency of the update would be nice, if nothing else to minimise the hits on the servers to keep them from getting upset. And being able to toggle the start-up update would be nice as well, just to minimise risks of lock-ups or things clashing around that time (not that I reboot very often these days). But overall top job all round :)

OK, as requested:

blkid
    mount

The drive is /dev/sda5, so with the e2label command I've successfully renamed it to KodiHDD. It appears that way under the files list in videos, which is fine.

It still appears in its old long name in /var/media if I look via ssh, but that's no problem.

So all sorted, thanks for the help. e2label was what I was looking for.

I've just added a hard drive to my Pi2 running LE 7.0.2 (via a USB-SATA interface, although it's built into the case). It's being detected and running fine, the only problem is it's being given a very long name. I'd like to change that to something more manageable/typeable, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

When I set the drive up (partitioned as ext4 using Minitool Parition Wizard on my PC) I'm sure I gave it a more sensible name, but that doesn't seem to have transferred across. Are there any tools within LE (or that can be installed via add-on) which would allow the drive to be renamed to something more sensible?