Posts by somers

Fascinating... We only see a small part of one log that you think is interesting.
    When you're visiting a doctor, do you then also give limited information on the problems you are having?

Here is the complete log, hope it helps: 01:00:39.769 T:4119465984 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://ma - Pastebin.com

What I did is:
    - Booted my box;
    - Played episode 6 (episode runs fine);
    - Stopped the episode;
    - Played episode 7 (episode won't run);
    - Stopped the episode;
    - Played episode 6 again (episode won't run);
    - Stopped the episode;

This is a video of the problem: WP 20170418 18 55 20 Pro - YouTube

As you can see, episode 6 runs fine. Episode 7 however is shown in the right corner of the screen, but no video. After one try the player is broken.

I am using a MXQ Pro 4K with the latest 8.0.1 build from Kszaq. So far it's working ok, but I'm having some problems with hardware decoding I think.

When I boot the box and start playing a file everything works fine. Performance is great and the box has no problems (hardware decoding) with playing a regular h264 episode of a certain TV show. However, when the episode is finished and the box has returned to the main menu, I'm unable to start a second episode. The title of the episode is shown in the right corner of the screen but the actual video isn't playing.

Rebooting the box helps to play the episode, but I'll need to reboot again for the next episode. So I need a reboot for every episode I want to watch. I'm not having these issues with software decoding but the performance of hardware decoding is better. That's why I'm trying to fix this issue.

I attached the logs below. I see some errors/warnings but i can't really tell what is causing the problem.

I've updated my MXQ Pro 4K to 8.0.1b but now LAN isn't working anymore. Wifi does still work.

I used device tree gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb because I used this one for my previous updates. Should I have used gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb instead? Can I change it and does it fix my LAN?

kszaq:

One thing to note: the latest DVB and Media drivers from media_build are not included! That means this build contains drivers from 3.14 Linux kernel. The reason behind this is that Amlogic Video driver needs to be compiled for Krypton HW Acceleration to work and it doesn't work with media_build V4L2 module. I am looking into this and the drivers might be back in a future build.

I have an Easycap USB AV grabber to grab my TV signal for my DIY Ambilight. With this build however, the USB AV grabber does not gets recognized as /dev/video0. Is that because of the quote above?

One thing to note: the latest DVB and Media drivers from media_build are not included! That means this build contains drivers from 3.14 Linux kernel. The reason behind this is that Amlogic Video driver needs to be compiled for Krypton HW Acceleration to work and it doesn't work with media_build V4L2 module. I am looking into this and the drivers might be back in a future build.

I have an Easycap USB AV grabber to grab my TV signal for my DIY Ambilight. With this build however, the USB AV grabber does not gets recognized as /dev/video0. Is that because of the quote above?

Got it running and it works great on my MXQ 4K. However, I got two issues:

- The skin sometimes crashes (while using it or when powering off) which resets all of the skin settings.
    - I can't get my Easycap USB A/V grabber to work. Command lusb displays the USB device but it won't display itself as /dev/video0. I worked perfectly in the older "official" build.

I recently bought a MXQ Pro 4K Amlogic S905 mediaplayer to replace my current RPi with Openelec. However, I used to have a nice amblight setup (Hyperion) which refuses to run om my Amlogic box. I am not sure if the problem is caused by a general problem, Libreelec or Hyperion.

I installed Hyperion as described on their website. Everything went fine and no faults were shown during the installation. All necessary files are present and a run command is added to autostart.sh:

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond.sh /storage/config/hyperion.config.json > /storage/logfiles/hyperion.log 2>&1 &

This however immediately gives the following fault in the Hyperion log file:

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond.sh: line 2: /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond: not found

The file is available and has the correct rights as shown in the picture below:

I am running Libreelec from USB.

Can you guys help me troubleshoot this problem?

I recently bought a MXQ Pro 4K Amlogic S905 mediaplayer to replace my current RPi with Openelec. I am running the Amlogic community build from Kszaq which runs absolutely great. However, I used to have a nice amblight setup (Hyperion) which refuses to run om my Amlogic box. I posted this topic right here As I am not sure if the problem is caused by a general problem, Libreelec or the community build I am running.

I installed Hyperion as described on their website. Everything went fine and no faults were shown during the installation. All necessary files are present and a run command is added to autostart.sh:

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond.sh /storage/config/hyperion.config.json > /storage/logfiles/hyperion.log 2>&1 &

This however immediately gives the following fault in the Hyperion log file:

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond.sh: line 2: /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond: not found

This file is available and has the correct rights as shown in the picture below:

The contents of hyperiond.sh are:

#!/bin/sh
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/storage/hyperion/bin /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond "$@"

Can you guys help me troubleshoot this problem?

Hi guys,

I ordered a MXQ Pro 4K to replace my RPi with Openelec. The problem i had with the RPi is that it corrupts my SD card very often. What is the chance that this will also happen to an Android box with Libreelec installed on a SD card?

Is it maybe better to install Libreelec to NAND after first trying the SD card method?