Posts by Ti-Paul

I have this trouble (install usb key not bootable from non-EFI system) months ago.

I know that someone else would encounter the same.

I even tried latest Alpha 4 on my BIOS (non-EFI) home laptop without avail.
    same for 3 different old (non-EFI) laptops at my job with same result.
    That makes 3 differents non-EFI laptops that won't boot install USB key even when selecting the key from the boot selection.

Same USB key working fine on my latest intel NUC system at home and a Lenovo laptop at my job.

There is something wrong with the structure of this booting image.
    All Linux image i use (Mint, Ubuntu, Manjaro, Arch, name it...) are booting fine on these EFI and non-EFI systems...

Why isn't this has been catched / corrected since ?

debug log please, howto our wiki.

Will report back soon.
    I have installed LibreELEC 7.0.2 on my main system so the family can enjoy stability.
    They use it at least once a day and aren't fond or having scrambled videos.. ;)
    All videos are playing fine now under stable version.

But i will be able to send you out debug info from my second system that i keep alpha/beta version on (same NUC model).
    My systems are booting from SD cards so maybe i'll purchase an extra one to swap/test alpha/beta without forcing them to use unfinished product.

thanks,
    Paul

I have LibreElec 8.0alpha3 install on a intel NUC5CPYH.
    One particular video file when selected, will only play audio with black screen.
    When i fast foward, video is appearing and if i left it play, video will stutter and sometimes freeze.
    Video file specs from FFMPEG :
    [hr]
    Duration: 01:42:12.97, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1912 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile) (XVID / 0x44495658), yuv420p, 720x304 [SAR 1:1 DAR 45:19], 1455 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 23
    .98 tbn, 23.98 tbc
    Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3 ([0] [0][0] / 0x2000), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 448 kb/s
    [hr]

The video was playing fine with OpenElec 6.0.3 and 7.0beta3.
    I didn't try LibreElec stable 7.0.2

I suspect this is a Kodi player problem and wanted to know your point of view ?