Posts by edjalmo

edjalmo - thanks mate! I realised my mistake and fixed the problem a couple of hours ago :)

Do know how to get MiniDLNA scan external USB drives?

Or the command to force-restart service.minidlna ?

At 62 years of age I'm so lame I'm not even ashamed of it :)

No problem :)

I don't use MiniDLNA, but I search and found this: Setup MiniDlna To work with USB drives | Never Stop Learning

Read the section INSTALL MINIDLNA

Try edit minidlna.conf

If this is installed as add-on this file are probably here /.kodi/userdata/addon_data

In LibreELEC you don´t need sudo.

Following the tutorial to force-restart it is like this

Code
    systemctl service minidlna.service force-reload

If don't work try open a new thread about this, since this is not a problem with Thoradia repo (just to keep things organized).

Hi Thoradia,

I've downloaded the service.transmission-9.1.16.zip from your repository on Github, but when I tried to "install from zip" on LE 9.01 add-ons page it returns error msg that installing from unofficial sources is disabled :(

What's the work-around?

You have to enable unknown sources in Settings > System > Add-ons > Unknown Sources

But I think you have to install the repository and then install Transmission from the Thoradia repository.

Link to download repo: service.thoradia.zip

Hello,

I didn't know where to post my problem since I'm using CoreElec (Odroid N2), but this is the only thread about Thoraradia addons.

When I want to open Transmission addon I get a message telling me that I have to open the settings. I haven't found a way to fix it.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Transmission settings are on settings of Transmission add-on.

Hello, guys!

I figured out someting. For those who want to use multiples apps (aka Radarr, Sonarr, Jackett and Transmission) in a limited hardware (aka RPi) enable swap memory helps a lot!

Theres a [How To] here explaining how to do this. I recommend!

Is there a guide for setting up a VPN ? Can I specify a VPN only for certain ports or applications? Do I need to add any other repos, or is everything included in this repo? Please help my state is undergoing some heavy reforms and a VPN is the only safe avenue, lastly, is there a fail safe option so if VPN goes down, as do torrents.

Maybe this things can help you:

Thoradia Add-ons

Thoradia Add-ons

I don't use VPN. Just sharing what I saw since I'm in this thread.

thoradia I think is a good thing creat a wiki in GitHub, to help people with this issues.

I think what's causing this bug is library update. I updated the library and noticed a little memory incrementation, but not released.

Guys, check if this happened with you too. Do library update several times and check memory usage. Remove some movie/tv show, do library update and check memory usage again.

For the record I'm using Universal Movie Scrape for movie informations.

kurai

Just sharing what I noticed after post this.

I use kodi as you

My usage pattern of sleep/resume to activate/deactivate the machine as required, instead of doing a hard power-down/cold-boot, means I'm effectively running one very long Kodi uptime session just split up over many `powered-on` time periods

but, some times I restart it, because I new thing I installed to test or something like that, and in some sessions this bug don't shows!

I tried reproduce the bug with youtube add-on, like you said, and not happend! It used 2% of more memory when I watched a trailer, but after released!

It's hard detect the cause of this! :/

I'm using LibreELEC in a RPi 3b, and I've learned now about what's swap is!

So, I will using for sure (since some time my machine freezes [but this is because of some addons that I use ˆˆ])

What do you recommend for swap size here? I read about 2 x RAM. So If I want this, I'll put SWAPFILESIZE="2000"?

Thanks for this "How to" :)

I'm running Transmission via Libreelec on my Pi 3 and I'm struggling, it seems that the web interface for transmission really can't handle when I'm downloading 3ish+ MB /s files, I can often load the web interface but it almost always hangs up and stalls out constantly, making any management nigh impossible.

I've had a similar problem that corrupted my sd card. Thoradia said this:

Do not overload the bus and SSD with IO

Restrict IO to 2-3 Mb/s in Transmission

Prefer external to SSD

Maybe you can keep speed limits more high without problem, but I think the question is: you changed Transmission download folder for an external drive or kept default (in sd card)?

Hello guys!

When I turn on my Raspberry Pi the kodi.bin process use something like 16% of memory (without playing anything). Pass some time this process increase more memory.
    Today, 4 days after I turn it on, kodi.bin are using 31.4% of memory. In this way with more 3 or 4 days my Raspberry will freeze because have no memory available.

My question is: this is normal? I'm talking about the memory usage without playing anything. There's a way I can get around this?

My logs bellow (but without debug enabled).

Kodi.log: http://ix.io/1fih

System.log: http://ix.io/1fij

Thanks!