Posts by doggyofone

Thanks for sharing the concern but it is a false positive. We use a packing tool to reduce .exe file sizes and because it is very efficient the same tool is also used by lots of bad people who write virus and trojan code. The packer leaves telltale signs in the exe and this sometimes triggers warnings in AV tools that aren't particularly clever (none of them are these days).

It may be a false positive, but it is impacting Norton users for your website.
    I would ask that you please contact Norton to get this resolved. It looks like a fairly simple procedure:

Is This Website Safe | Website Security | Norton Safe Web

Thank you.

FYI to the moderators, I have been using the site for some time and this week I started getting warnings from Norton Security.
    Norton Safe Web has analyzed libreelec.tv for safety and security problems. The website is now listed as dangerous and to enter the site I have to choose visit the site anyways - I have to do this for every post and every page. Below is a sample of the threats that were found when I looked at a detailed report on Norton's website. .Summary

• Computer Threats: 2
    • Identity Threats: 0
    • Annoyance factors: 0

Total threats on this site: 2The Norton rating is a result of Symantec's automated analysis system.
    [hr]
    Warning picture attached.

What is the vendor_0001_product_001.kl file for?

New development build to test: 2016-11-26

Anyone wants to try 32-bit userspace build? Here it is: LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0-devel-20161126114912-r23457-g2ce8a84.img.gz

A few things to note:

• both builds have the same patches, kernel configuration etc.
    • the difference is that in 32-bit build userspace is 32-bit, i.e. you can run everything compiled for arm but no dynamic-linked binaries for aarch64 (only static)
    • you can "update" from 64-bit build to 32-bit build and vice versa without losing your settings - safe to try!
    • when switching between 32-bit and 64-bit build you have to reinstall all binary addons or else they won't work!
    • before reinstalling addons you have to refresh LibreELEC repo to make it download from the right URL

Advantages of 32-bit userspace build:

• lower memory consumption
    • a bit more compatible addons available (e.g. Spotify)

I applied this update (like most of the test builds before) and ended up with the Google logo stuck in the upper left corner of the screen. LE did not start up. I put the build .img.gz only into the update folder and rebooted per normal.
    Ended up imaging back to the original 009 release. A bit gun shy now, as I'm not sure what will happen if I image a test build. Will wait for 010.
    [hr]

Go to System, System, Input devices, Peripherals, CEC. Disable the first option. Click ok. Done.

Thanks for the help. The kodi build I was using for some reason hid the peripherals selection. Changed builds and there it was.

I experienced a similar problem, because I did not copy the dtb file into the kodi '.update' folder when I loaded the img.gz file. Once I used the dtb file, the problem was corrected. Is it possible the dtb image was not loaded (or maybe an incorrect one??)

I guess it is possible, but I did put both dtb and img.gz into the update folder. I chose the correct dtb for my box. The audio has been out of sync with .008 and now .009. I think I'll give 7.90 a shot and see how that works out.

Do we need to rename the dtb file to dtb.img? It seems like this is not needed with 009 but want to make sure.

In any event flashed by renaming to dtb.img and then flashed again without renaming.

Can someone please confirm, do I need to rename the generic device tree (for 009) to dtb.img, or do I copy it to the .update folder as downloaded - in my case - gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb, or does it matter?

If you keep SD card inside, your system will boot from SD card and not from internal. The reason why you are getting "120 sec" error with no SD card inserted is because you need to run installtointernal the second time to apply standard partition layout. This is explained in first post.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough with my first post. I did follow those instructions and ran installtointernal twice. The error came after the second install as well as the first. I will give this another try.

I decided to "installtointernal" from a working SD card setup. Everything went really well and the box works great, except it only works if the SD card is left in the box. When I pull the SD card out there is an error on start up "To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing - press any key to power off your system within the next 120 seconds.
    So is this normal once the "installtointernal" command is run in putty?
    Second question, I cannot get KODI on any of my boxes to play a full album. It will play the first song, but none after that. I have tried hitting the play button on the folder and it just opens the folder up. How do you get KODI to play all the music files in a folder?

Can anyone comment re: the need to keep the SD card in the box after running installtointernal?

I decided to "installtointernal" from a working SD card setup. Everything went really well and the box works great, except it only works if the SD card is left in the box. When I pull the SD card out there is an error on start up "To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing - press any key to power off your system within the next 120 seconds.
    So is this normal once the "installtointernal" command is run in putty?
    Second question, I cannot get KODI on any of my boxes to play a full album. It will play the first song, but none after that. I have tried hitting the play button on the folder and it just opens the folder up. How do you get KODI to play all the music files in a folder?

You can adjust that in the OSD settings while the movie is playing (Press the OK button, choose the Audio symbol then audio offset. Use the slider to advance/retard audio stream)

If the lag is consistent each time, you can then save your settings as default for all movies.

I believe that the settings will be remembered for the current video if it is played again, even if not saved as default (I'm sure it used to work like that, when I needed to change the mux settings - way back when. . .)

I did see that option, but it doesn't solve the problem. I remember reading somewhere in this forum that someone reduced by .225 ms - I did this and the HEVC is back in sync. I'm not sure if all file types are out of sync, but I'll experiment with that.
    Thanks for your help.

I have updated 2 Android boxes, Beelink M18 and an MXQ Pro+ (running a Tronsmart version of Android) with the latest dev build Oct 26 of LE. I used the correct device trees on both boxes. The development builds were installed via .update. Both boxes run off of an SD card. I have tried these boxes running LE and running Android and SPMC with an HEVC H265 file. I have found the following:Beelink M18 and MXQ Pro+ running LE - both have a small lag in the audio. The video is just slightly ahead of the audio.Beelink M18 and MXQ Pro+running Android 5.1 and SPMC 16.4.2 - no lag in the audio.I have a Beelink GT1 running Android 6 and SPMC 16.2.4 - no lag in the playback.
    I haven't made any changes to the settings in LE. I used the same video clip on all to test. Output to receiver is via HDMI.
    Is there something in the settings for KODI that needs to be adjusted to resolve the lag in HEVC files?

I have an MXQ Pro+ box 2G 16GB, 1gb. The firmware was so bad when I got it that I flashed a Russian rom that was compiled from the Tronsmart Meta rom. This stabilized the box, but Android/KODI was not smooth running and WiFi did not work. I ran OE 6.95.3 via balbes150's aml_autoscript off an SD card for some time and it worked great, but still no WiFi. I have tried to install several LE 7.0 roms/sd boot methods since then, but could get nothing to run off of SD but 6.95.3.
    I tried earlier versions of kszaq's 7.0 script, tried several dtb images and tried numerous ways to boot the box (no reset switch). Finally I tried 7.0.2.007 with the Sept 22 gxbb_p200_2G_1gbit.dtb image. I extracted 7.0.2.007 img to sd, renamed the gxbb img to dtb.img and pasted it to the sd card, overwriting the dtb.img from the extraction, started the box in Android, inserted the sd card into the box, opened update&backup and then I opened "select", selected the first zip from the list and then hit the "update" button. These steps haven't worked with other roms for me, but this time it did and LE loaded up.
    I haven't seen any issues so far and the box is now stable and runs fast.
    Hopefully someone else who has one of these boxes and has problems and/or wants to run LE comes across this note. The box is great, but getting it to run LE has been a challenge.
    Thanks kszaq. Great ROM, coffee money on the way.