This would be better as an add-on.
Do you have the same problem with OE7 beta 3?
Probably not much help to you both, but this issue should be fixed in Kodi 17 / LE 8.
Not a known issue. I see you've got a thread on the Kodi forum where you've posted more information, looks like fairly significant file system corruption. Configuring LibreELEC doesn't make any changes to the /flash partition which is mounted read-only, so for this partition to become corrupted it's either an OS or hardware issue (power? Incompatible/fake SD card?)
Yes, this (black screen) is fixed in LE7 beta 2.
The compressed image file can also be used to upgrade (ie. you can copy the img.gz file into the .update folder, and it will be decompressed during the upgrade).
Yes, multiple urls are no longer supported by the LE build system.
You've got two choices:
1) Write a mkpkg script (see existing examples in tools/mkpkg) to create a single new source tarball containing the source code from both URLs, then create your new package so that it references the location of your new mkpkg'd tarball (which you need to host somewhere, so that it can be downloaded). If you decide to submit your new package to LibreELEC with a PR, make sure you include your mkpkg script and we can then host your package on our distribution server (your PKG_URL should then reference the DISTRO_SRC server location)
2) Create two inter-dependent packages, rather than one package, so that each package downloads one tarball each. Inter-dependencies between the two packages should ensure they are built in the correct sequence. However sometimes this isn't always possible, hence #1.
This will be fixed in the next official release (after Beta 1) - the fix has just been added to github (PR168)
I've now stopped building OpenELEC, and will only be releasing LibreELEC test builds in future.
They're documented and supported over on the Kodi forum (as that's always where they've been posted in the past, and where the majority of users/developers are).
Here's the links:
There should be daily RPi, RPi2 and also Generic (x86) builds.
Builds will be posted after 9pm UK time.
Please post problems/issues relating to the test builds in the relevant Kodi forum test build threads.
6.90.005 has working DVD playback, that's based on Kodi 16.
1) DVD playback is not functional in my Kodi 17 builds (OE or LE). It was either that, or stop building altogether. No ETA on a fix.
2) Inputstream.mpd is working. Inputstream.smoothstream is also in the latest build. Install libwidevinecdm.so if you want to use Amazon Prime. See OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
Hello Milhouse !
Thank you very much for your great builds. Currently i am giving #414 a try.
There are some things which i am curious about:
1) Is DVD playback possible/active within (couldn`t get it to work yet) ?
2) Can the inputstream (addon) functionallity already be used ?
3) Are they based on LibreElecs codebase in git or are those "special" builds ?
Further details with logs are already posted here: LibreELEC
Really would appreciate your help as you may be only one who knows about this. Thank you very much !
1) DVD playback is disabled in these (and OpenELEC) Kodi 17 builds until someone provides a solution - options are currently to disable DVD, or don't build anything at all
2) Yep, see here OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
3) LibreELEC plus extra patches that need testing - same procedure that I've been using with OE builds
Waiting for my beebox i formatted chromebox and tried a new setup
Downloaded official libreelec and upgraded with v17 if i set 16-235 i get washed black
And using xrandr --verbose rgb settings is in automatic instead of video 16-235 passthrough
What's up ?
With old setup from oe v.15 >fritsch v.17 and finally upgraded to libre milhouse v17 i had video 16-235 passthrough and use 16-235 setting
edit:maybe libreelec source miss autostart line for xrandr ?
could anyone check via xranrd --verbose what rgb mode is in use ?
Ah...I think what has happened is that 2-3 days ago the 16-235 patch was added to a pending PR that I'm using which meant I could drop the 16-235 patch I'd been using up until that point from my builds... now I see the 16-235 patch is no longer in the pending PR, so it's no longer in the build at all. I'll restore the patch I'd been using to my build.
Milhouse, I get "connection timeout" when trying to use mapped SMB shares.
I don't recall anything changing recently that might affect SMB, and don't have any problems accessing smb:// shares with the latest builds - can you double check your network, and try restarting your Samba server. Perhaps the hostname "HJEMMENAS" isn't being resolved correctly by new builds, IP address is generally recommended.
Same issue being a network problem of some kind? Can you explain what is not working as you seem to have a functioning network in the logs (you're accessing an smb:// share).
Latest two builds (412 and 413) have problems starting to play a video file for me.
When I press play, the video starts and freezes on the same image for about 14-15 seconds (sometimes more) and then resumes playing normally.
I enabled debug (normal and with video/ffmpeg/omxplayer specific logging).
Release 411 plays just fine.
PS: I'm on as RaspberryPi 3!
I can confirm this for #0412 on a Pi2. Video playback is interrupted while sound is playing fine in the background. Tested with a mkv, h264, 1080p, AC3. #0411 didn't have this issue.
Are you able to reproduce with the OE #0411, #0412 and #0413 RPi builds? The LE builds are usually produced a little earlier in the day so it would be worth re-testing OE #0411 (maybe even #0410) through #0413 to determine when the problem is introduced, then we can narrow down on what changed.
What are the plans for the kernel on LE? Will you go only main release channel on the kernel? It's using 4.4.x now right?
Not entirely sure what you mean by "go only main release channel", but the latest release kernel will typically be used by master. LE7 will remain on 4.4.x, once we branch for Beta we can see about bumping master to 4.5.
Milhouse do you want logs here or on the Kodi forum? Had network issues with latest build (1204).
Logs here please. Did the problem only start with #0412?
Hard to tell which of the many log files you just uploaded I'm meant to be looking at, since they're all full of errors of one kind or another. My advice would be that you start with a fresh/clean installation, and avoid installing SuperRepo which is known to install all kinds of crap causing any number of problems.
Tried to install 1710 from browse addon (install zip) but nothing happen
Edit: i see it in browsee addon but it doesn't start
Take note that i don't have a dvb tuner
Try providing a tvheadend log, although those tvheadend builds are based on ffmpeg2 while the LE8 builds are based on ffmpeg3 so may not work. When tvheadend is building against ffmpeg3 I'll provide updated builds, until then it's not really my priority, and you may have to stick with LE7/OE7 if you must have tvheadend.
Please upload a full debug log from boot, that includes you trying to play a movie. Upload the log to pastebin.com or similar.