Posts by harrym

I dont know by what is caused (maybe bad microSD card?), but 4 tries and 4 fails.

Very buggy.

I can not even finish setup of instalation, because earlier is coming a crashing or a total freezing (mainly during the add-ons instalation)...

After any error restart is Orange Pi One often booting into 1024x768/60Hz with no chance for changing it back to 1920x1080... :(

I'm trying to solve a similar problem.

In 8.90.x is something strange, what caused the micro-stuttering in playback.

In my opinion, this problem is somehow related to the choice of resolution and refresh rate when playing back (new feature in Leia).

I've been struggling with it for weeks, but without success.

I am always trying a new revision of Libreelec 8.90.x but without succes (the problem persists in every new release). In the end I always ends with roll back to 8.2.5 (the last revision where is smooth playback of full HD content).

I am not watching interlaced videos.

But I have new findings. When I enable lower display resolutions, set the lower the resolution, the smoother the playing of video is.

So when I play a full HD stream (1920x1080 px) at the resolution of 640x480x60Hz for example, it is practically ideal. (smooth playing without stuttering).

Did not a developer place a automatic image resize procedure (which cripples the IGP) or something strange in the process of filter queue (in contrast to 8.x.x)?

I'm having a problem with the latest build of Libreelec (8.90 Alpha - all versions) - the jerking/stuttering video while playing (Intel G31 chipset with CPU E8400).

In 8.2.5 (any 8.x.x) it's all OK.

I tried to change all the choices that could affect synchronization in some way, but without success. In short, playback is not smooth. However, CPU power is more than sufficient (usage < 50%).

In the upcoming build 9.0 something had to be changed to destroy the smoothness of playback.

Any advice? Did I overlook something? I am doing something wrong?

I very much appreciate the work of developers.

I always thought Libreec was a good way to use older hardware, but these issues change my mind.