Posts by shippy

There are tons of references for the Kodi VPN Manager Zomboided, and if I understand correctly, it is for setting up a VPN client on your LE box so you can set up a tunnel to a (commercial) VPN server.

How about giving someone access to your LE box behind a firewall (i.e., at home behind ISP with just some 192.168.x.y private address) via VPN login? Can a VPN server be set up on an LE box?

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/libreelec-8.2/projects/S905/filesystem/usr/sbin/installtointernal

chmod +x installtointernal

./installtointernal

worked for me

Ok thanks.

But this looks like installing and running it.

How to edit it with say, nano? I would like to add a couple of copy instructions to it, e.g., copy to /flash/

I know that installtointernal, while extremely useful, is not officially supported (?). So I would like to experiment a bit myself at my own risk.

1. Is it editable and what is the full file path? I tried the WinSCP Commands> Find Files> *installtointernal*.* from both /root and /storage and failed.

2. Is there a link to LE file structure for /and /storage with or without installtointernal ?

1. You can use TigerVNC (included in LE repository)

2. WinSCP works fine

5. LE add-ons are basically same as KODI add-ons except some included tools/utils found under add-ons section. ( some hints here: Add-ons - Wiki )

Thanks!

I also discovered Filezilla as a Linux tool for file copy. Of course TigerVNC is a great tool as well. (Don't think WinSCP works under Linux.)

I have seen this add-on list which is dated. There ought to be some recent GitHub LibreElec add-ons list ( in addition to Kodi add-ons) too !

I have successfully used SSH and WinSCP with LE, and now looking to try (Ubuntu mate) Linux with the remmina.org app:

1. Besides SSH, can LE support RDP (remote desktop) /VNC like apps?

2. How about a file copy like WinSCP?

3. If not Remmina, any other Linux apps to support LE "RDP/VNC" and file copy/edit features?

4. Any LE add-ons to support above if not part of the main ?

5. Where can I get a recent list of LE add-ons available?

balbes150

1. On my A95X-B7N (S905X) 1/8 G box, your Oct 22 S905-arm and S905-aarch failed to load from SD card. I keep getting the Nexbox logo flashed but nothing more.

Only once I saw the LE logo flash after the A95X flash but it didn't proceed. Upon redoing the toothpick method, I reverted to the A95X logo hanging.

On the aarch version I used device trees for g212-1g generic, g281-1g generic and a95xr2-1g; for the arm version g212-1g generic version.

FYI, CoreElec 8.95.3 and 8.95.4.42 work fine. Boot from Android is fine too.

2. On the other hand, after a 2nd try, my X96mini 2/16 G booted fine. Was able to set up WiFi and redo the X96 keymaps config to make the remote control work again.

3. In either of above X96mini or A95X cases, the HDMI works, but AV (CVBS, RCA) only shows the tvBox logo, then LE logo, and then goes blank screen (same experience with CE.)

Is there a solution to the AV problem at least?

$ echo "cvbs576" [or 576cvbs] > /sys/class/display/mode doesn't work. Android works ok with cvbs.

I would like to try out your version because of the advanced features you offer.

Now you need to go into Settings, then LibreElec config to set up WiFi and BT.

Is it possible to bring the WiFi- BT setup menu on the home screen, so if other Kodi-LE settings are locked via PIN, the WiFi BT menu can be easily accessed without exposing all other settings?

Sorry if this is already answered...

Is there AV (CVBS) support besides HDMI support on LE Leia builds for generic S905xx? Up to which Leia beta version?

Or are there separate builds for AV vs HDMI?

Will balbes150 Kodi-18 for S905xx work for both HDMI and AV?

Edit: I have the A95X Nexbox OTT TV BOX, with the red band on top left, with an S905X CPU. On the back it says A95X- B7N, 1G RAM/8G ROM.

But if course this is a general question.

If you changed the Kodi splash (and the new splash lives under /storage/.kodi somewhere) it will be included in a backup. If you changed the LE boot splash in the boot partition it will not be included.

NB: LE doesn't ship images with installtointernal scripts so anything in that direction isn't our problem.

chewitt

Ok.

What was the last LE version that shipped with installtointernal ?

For newer versions, how could you do internal install? Via Amlogic burn tool?

LE23

Thanks for the answers.

By Livestream I meant the company but it gets lost in the Google search noise, and anyway with the above surveillance cam approach and Youtube is redundant.

While we wait for Mozilla, is there an Alexa/G- IFTTT kit one can install on top of LE for search only (replace typed search with voice queries)? Nothing fancy, those cheap USB much/earphones can also do the job for now.

LibreELEC.tv/package.mk at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

^ those are our current build options. The only reason we build without DNS proxy is the Kodi system info screen then shows 127.0.0.1 and we got bored of dealing with users who think their DNS is broken and claim this is the root cause of whatever other issue they're experiencing.

Thanks for the info.

So I suppose some features can be re-enabled via SSH and going into the config files?

Connman's hotspot feature is the equivalent of a mobile phone hotspot (which is exactly what it was designed for) and has similar levels of simple on/off configurability. It is not designed to be an access point replacement and there is zero intent or interest among it's developers to evolve it into something more complex. You can change the SSID name and passphrase in LE settings. It doesn't mess anything up (at least, not in LE). LE does not build connman with the DNS proxy feature. OSMC does build with it.

LE is an embedded distro so you cannot update packages using a package manager (as there isn't one). If you want that kind of shizzle you need to stick to a more conventional distro (OSMC, Armbian, etc.). Current LE alpha releases use connman 1.36 which is the latest release.

Good to know the update.

Is there a link that can show exactly what LE has built in? For example, is dnsmasq (DHCP+ DNS+ pxe) built in ?