Posts by rix81

i think it's bug because color space and range should not depend on hdmi version

here's output

btw, its odd that it shows 4096x2160 available , because highest resolution supported via this adapter is 1080p. Possibly another bug, but it's not important for me.

I think TV is not a problem here, because these amd videocards in windows10 output Full RGB without problems. Don't know why I don't have entries you mentioned.

Ive tried to conect tv not directly, but via dvi-hdmi adapter. That also limits hdmi version to 1.4. And i got Full RGB by default, without changing anything.

To check if it depends on hdmi version I've also installed pretty old AMD radeon 5450 videocard that has only hdmi 1.4. And it outputs Full RGB.

So probably it's kind of bug related to hdmi versions.

Any ideas how to workaround it?

Hello,

I have 2 amd videcards, AMD RX 460, and AMD Vega 200GE (integrated). With both of them LE outputs YCbcr limited.

How can I change it to full RGB 4:4:4 ?

Im trying to find solution for a long of time, but still nothing. My linux undesrtanding is highly limited. Could someone help pls?

Here's what xrandr --verbose does show, doesn't seem to have necessary option

So far ive tried this https://openelec.tv/documentation/…f#color-space-1

xorg fails to run with this conf file.

sorry for my english

I verified the issue is just with video playback layer. GUI output range is correct, images are correct. In video playback anything below 32 is clipped to pure black, anything above 235 is clipped to pure white.

Any suggestions?

I guess your box outputs full range, but your tv expect limited range, that's why clipping occurs. Set full hdmi range on your tv, this setting may be called different depends on tv manufacturer, for example samsung called it Hdmi black level > normal / low

Is there a way how to get Full RGB(0...255) 4:4:4 output on LE x86 ? By default it outputs YCBCR Limited.

There's full/limited setting in kodi, that already set to full but nevertheless it outputs YCBCR Limited despite of that setting

Is it possible to do via ssh ?

I'm running it on AMD Athlon 200GE

thanks in advance

there's no RGB/>YCBCR switch, there's full/limited setting, that already set to full

but nevertheless it outputs YCBCR limited despite of that setting. Need full RGB 4:4:4 Is there a way to get it? Maybe via ssh?

http://ix.io/1xs6

http://ix.io/1xs7

http://ix.io/1xs8

http://ix.io/1xsa

all logs are here, hope it helps

as i mentioned, i was able to get logs only using dvi-hdmi adapter, it just outputs black screen, but at least pc boots , and hangs up after couple of minutes.

With direct hdmi connection - unable to connect via ssh and smb, pc seems just hangs up right after writing 'run' command

Also just to clarify, if i install an old discrete amd videocard to that computer, LE works without problems.

*sorry for my english

my motherboard has also dvi output. Ive tried to use dvi-hdmi adapter. In this case LE boots but output black screen. Managed to get log via ssh

here's the log for 8.95.001.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

With millhouse build i get no signal even using dvi-hdmi adapter, and can't connect via ssh and smb to get its log. Hope log for 8.95.001 is enough.

motherboard: GA-A320M-S2H V2 (rev. 1.1) with most recent bios F2

According to one of the dev's, Linux 4.18+ and Mesa 18.2+ should be enough for running graphics on the 200GE apu.

Milhouse's Generic build is currently at Linux NUC 4.19.12, so that should more than enough.

Can you test the AMD box on a regular PC monitor instead of a TV?

Enable debugging first, power off, connect the monitor, restart LibreELEC.

If you still get a black screen, provide us the full log file via a pastebin website, so we can have closer look.

ive tried LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.1 BETA - no signal on tv, then connected 1080p pc monitor - also no signal.

updated it on another computer to latest millhouse build LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20180101210307-#0101-g66e9ef2.tar

the same problem - no signal

Hello, is it possible to add support for new AMD Athlon 200GE with integrated Vega3 graphics? Ive tried latest alpha, nightly build, LE 9.0 Reborn Remix, Milhouse build. All of them has the same problem, on first boot, after writing 'run' command, i get black screen and then TV says 'no signal'. So I think GPU is not supported yet. Is it possible to add support? Thank you

I remember Kwiboo has some scripts/procedure to do that. But I don't know if there are any advantages of flashing on internal memory.

Refer to this post:

feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

But I think you still need to boot using an SD card first, then flash to emmc using above link

thank you for your help.

ive tried to copy ****.img.gz file into microsd, but after execution command

gunzip <image>.img.gz, i get error, can't open *****.img : Read-only file system

sorry im just beginner.

the reason why i'm trying to instal to internal memory is here, if you could help, id appreciate. YUNDOO Y8 libreelec my device is yundoo-y8, your LE image is also working on it... but with the same boot problem after shut down.

Hello, is there LE build for this device?

Rock960 LE image is working fine here, but after shut down device, LE doesnt boot anymore.

If to boot into android, and reboot into recovery from it, then LE starts again. After next shut down it wont boot again. Dont know why. Could somebody help with it?

Probably installing LE into internal memory could fix that problem, I dont need android at all anymore, but installtointernal script is not avaliable in recent LE builds

could you share the img?