Posts by p_g_787

Hi.

I have Samba running on Ubuntu 18.04 with the default config (plus my music share).

On windows 10 this works fine and I can see the server when I browse to 'Network'

But on Ubuntu 18.04 and on LibreElec 8.25, when I browse my workgroup for SMB shares, I cannot see any samba servers, even my windows pc.

If I manually enter the server's address then I can browse the shares.

Does anyone know why this is working in Windows and not linux?

Yes I think that this is due to an incompatibility with the HDMI version in the pc and in the TV. I have seen a lot of people on Facebook and other forums with this exact issue with the Xbox One.

Apparently, so I have been told it is to do with the different revisions of HDMI supporting different DMCA methods and it is up to the driver developers to add compliant support for older or later versions.

The dummy plug might help. Will try that as plan B.

For now I have ordered eBay.co.uk item 323405116200 DVI to HDMI

This adapter supports audio so when it arrives I will see if my video card outputs audio on DVI.

Is there a way to check this via a command?

lspci says: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Wrestler [Radeon HD 6320]

Alternatively I have seen some VGA + audio to HDMI devices. Might be plan C.

Yes, there is no option for horizontal frequencies.

You will find this XML tag in your guisettings.xml:

Code
    <setting id="videoscreen.whitelist">

It contains all possible resolutions / vertical frequencies for the output device.

If whitelist changes from time to time with the same output device, it indicates a connection problem.

I do not have that option. I checked in /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml and I only have this reference to videoscreen:

<videoscreen>

<blankdisplays default="true">false</blankdisplays>

<cms3dlut default="true"></cms3dlut>

<cmsenabled default="true">false</cmsenabled>

<cmsgamma default="true">220</cmsgamma>

<cmsgammamode default="true">0</cmsgammamode>

<cmslutsize default="true">6</cmslutsize>

<cmsmode default="true">0</cmsmode>

<cmsprimaries default="true">0</cmsprimaries>

<cmswhitepoint default="true">0</cmswhitepoint>

<delayrefreshchange default="true">0</delayrefreshchange>

<displayprofile default="true"></displayprofile>

<dither default="true">false</dither>

<ditherdepth default="true">8</ditherdepth>

<fakefullscreen default="true">true</fakefullscreen>

<limitedrange default="true">false</limitedrange>

<monitor default="true">Default</monitor>

<noofbuffers default="true">2</noofbuffers>

<preferedstereoscopicmode default="true">100</preferedstereoscopicmode>

<resolution default="true">16</resolution>

<screen default="true">0</screen>

<screenmode default="true">DESKTOP</screenmode>

<stereoscopicmode default="true">0</stereoscopicmode>

</videoscreen>

Hi Everyone,

I am having a lot of trouble getting Kodi to work on one of my TVs. The TV is a 40" Sony Bravia and the PC is a Foxconn NT3700 running libreelec.

From what I have found online, I am experiencing something called 'HDMI Blink'. The screen will go black for a fraction of a second at random intervals. This happens regardless of what I am playing in Kodi, it even happens on the menu screens. This appears to be a common problem with Xbox One consoles and is apparently due to manufacturers not all supporting the same HDMI specifications properly.

I have changed HDMI cables and swapped the pc for another of the same model but the problem is still there with this one TV. If I connect the unit to the bedroom TV it works fine.

The unit does have a DVI output and a VGA output. Unfortunately the TV does not support more than 720 lines on the VGA connector. :(

Does anyone know a solution?

I only have two options as far as I am aware:

Use DVI to HDMI. But how do I get audio?

Use VGA to SCART. My TV supports 1080 lines over SCART as verified by my xbox 360.

However, although I can set the resolution to 576 or 1080 lines, set the Vertical sync to 50Hz but I cannot set the Horizontal Sync frequency from 31KHz to 15.6KHz in the LibreElec menu. There is no option. How can I find out if my card supports this option and how can I set it?

Possibly could be drivers.

Currently experiencing similar issues on 3 different platforms though.

HTPC (onboard graphics) - sound plays then playback crashes out

My Desktop PC (GTX760) - Sound but no picture (unless Kodi started from within Gnome)

Ras Pi B - Sound but no picture

I will have a look at getting the log tomorrow.

On my desktop PC with 3470 CPU and Nvidia GTX760 running Ubuntu 17.10 with same version of kodi the picture shows fine UNLESS I log in and choose kodi as the desktop, instead of logging into Gnome and running Kodi from there, then the fault appears the same as on the Pi. No image but sound plays fine.

Possibly related? Who knows?

It is a custom built HTPC in a rather shiny silverstone ML05 case :)

Spec:

Intel i5 3470 3.2GHz Quad core CPU

8GB RAM DDR3

32GB Sandisk 6Gbps SSD

Motherboard is: MSI H61I-E35b V2/W8

GPU is the onboard graphics

Kodi list graphics as:

GPU: Mesa DRI Intel Ivybridge Desktop

OpenGL Version 3.0 Mesa 17.1.3

I can also confirm that Kodi on my Ubuntu 17.10 PC with the same CPU works flawlessly (Although that PC uses an Nvidia GTX 760 and not the onboard graphics).

Do you need any more information?

I just installed libreelec 8.2.5 Generic on my old HTPC which was working fine on kodibuntu 14.0

I installed the TVHeadend frontend version 3.4.27.1 add-on from the add-on menu (using default repos)

All of my channels show up and I can use the EPG. Radio channels play fine.

when I play TV channels however, I get audio and the screen goes all special. After around 10 seconds the screen goes black then I am at the kodi main menu again. I tried changing my stream profile to matroska instead of pass but no change.

Why on earth is this happening? What do I need to do to diagnose the fault?

The server is Ubuntu Zesty with HTS Tvheadend 4.2.4-22
    TV Tuner is TBS 6205 DVB-T/T2 with the latest open source driver installed.

Although I do not believe the fault is with the server as my other clients (iphone and kodi ubuntu 14.0) are still working fine.

Please help me :(