TVeadend No Picture and Crashing

• I just installed libreelec 8.2.5 Generic on my old HTPC which was working fine on kodibuntu 14.0

I installed the TVHeadend frontend version 3.4.27.1 add-on from the add-on menu (using default repos)

All of my channels show up and I can use the EPG. Radio channels play fine.

when I play TV channels however, I get audio and the screen goes all special. After around 10 seconds the screen goes black then I am at the kodi main menu again. I tried changing my stream profile to matroska instead of pass but no change.

Why on earth is this happening? What do I need to do to diagnose the fault?

The server is Ubuntu Zesty with HTS Tvheadend 4.2.4-22
    TV Tuner is TBS 6205 DVB-T/T2 with the latest open source driver installed.

Although I do not believe the fault is with the server as my other clients (iphone and kodi ubuntu 14.0) are still working fine.

Please help me :(

• It is a custom built HTPC in a rather shiny silverstone ML05 case :)

Spec:

Intel i5 3470 3.2GHz Quad core CPU

8GB RAM DDR3

32GB Sandisk 6Gbps SSD

Motherboard is: MSI H61I-E35b V2/W8

GPU is the onboard graphics

Kodi list graphics as:

GPU: Mesa DRI Intel Ivybridge Desktop

OpenGL Version 3.0 Mesa 17.1.3

I can also confirm that Kodi on my Ubuntu 17.10 PC with the same CPU works flawlessly (Although that PC uses an Nvidia GTX 760 and not the onboard graphics).

Do you need any more information?

• Just also installed Libreelec 8.2.5 on a Raspberry Pi B+

TVHeadend works fine with radio channels but when playing a TV channel the sound comes through but there is no picture, just a black screen.

Related issue?

• I will have a look at getting the log tomorrow.

On my desktop PC with 3470 CPU and Nvidia GTX760 running Ubuntu 17.10 with same version of kodi the picture shows fine UNLESS I log in and choose kodi as the desktop, instead of logging into Gnome and running Kodi from there, then the fault appears the same as on the Pi. No image but sound plays fine.

Possibly related? Who knows?

• Possibly could be drivers.

Currently experiencing similar issues on 3 different platforms though.

HTPC (onboard graphics) - sound plays then playback crashes out

My Desktop PC (GTX760) - Sound but no picture (unless Kodi started from within Gnome)

Ras Pi B - Sound but no picture