Posts by Softlander

However, extracting the firmware would probably need some USB capture (I do that using USBlyzer software usually) of a Windows system at the time of device plug in. And some analysis of the capture of course...

trsqr Ok I don't know much about this but here is a file generated after enabling capture hot-plugged in USBlyzer software

tt-4600.zip

If you need an analysis using some specific settings for the software just guide me through it and I will do it.

Of course these info are important I guess:

USB properties:

PnP Properties

Device stack:

279019664.jpg

its likely not working but we would do a step forward, dmesg | paste is needed

In any case, trying out the build CvH pointed out could give us a bit more information.

Yes indeed it failed. here is the output Xji

Also tvheadend did not recognize any DVB Inputs

(Steps followed: Installed the img pointed out by CvH, updated, activated Hauppauge Driver, Restarted, and Installed Tvheadend from zip file)

the strange thing is that now it does not report any error. Only no frontend attached.

I hope that helps. Regards.

there is an M88DS3103(-C) also in the pipe:

Satellite STB Solutions | Montage

@Softlander

did you check this in the opened device, too ?

No I did not open my tuner yet. If we can find a solution without openning it, that will be nice. If it is a must, then I have no other choice I will open the box.

Anyway I am out of the 14 days period for returning the device.

But the information I have provided is from DVBShop. I think it should be true.

CvH I have some information now from DVBShop.net that the TechnoTrend S2-4600 is manufactured just like the TerraTec Cynergy S2 USB using the following chips:

TS2022 + DS3103B + CY7C68013A

It is important to know that "DS3103B" is different than "DS3103".

DS3103B is the 2nd generation.

Are these information enough?

GDPR-7 It is a good thing that you have bought TerraTec Cynergy S2 USB again, because we have identical board now. May be you can experiment on it too and share the results.

Regards

The problem is that vendors changing the hw silently, you have still the same housing but different hw inside. This is no problem at Windows but due Linux driver model its more difficult. That TT 4600 changes HW and keeps the same ids is even more "stupid". If you find a way you can always open the box and send a photo so we can have a look what is actually inside (if you can send it back to seller, don't do this)

The DVBSky S960 should work, the TerraTec Cinergy S2 USB Box, Rev. 4 should works too (at least with current LE9 Alpha or unreleased LE8.2.4).

Other things you can have a look, Digibit R1 - an cheap Sat>Ip Server that has 4 Tuners (with 3rd party firmware it can run OScam at box and supports Sat>IP over TCP what makes it proper working at not optimal networks) or you can go and grab some Sundtek stick, they are not cheap but perfectly working.

ok, If I do not receive any response from the seller I will open the tuner. What parts or chips inside are you interested in? Or do you just need a general photo of the board?

With regards to the tuners:

Do you mean this: Sundtek Shop | Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 6 (DVB-S/S2) | online kaufen

Is this a good one?

And what do you think of the tbs5520se?, it has the same price with dvb-t also. Is it supported by libreelec?

Thanks again for keep trying from your side.

I have no real idea how to fix it because they use the same ID as the old 4600. I already asked trsqr if he had an idea (as TT sends him usual the devices for Linux support) but he has also no idea about that device.

:(

:( what a shame! It is a huge loss. So, will there be any solution in the near future? and if the new 4600 is not going to work with libreelec, can you recommend other dvb-s2 usb tuners?, because as GDPR-7 said at the beginning of the thread, the DVBsky s960 does not work also.

And by the way, thank you very much CvH for your efforts, you have been very helpfull.

Regards

pls enable the hauppauge driver like here at the video and try again

http://cvh.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC/8.2_Krypton/dvb-addons-howto.mp4

dmesg | paste

is needed

Finally, I do not know what you have done but the device "is recognized now" with a couple of problems:

Here is the dmesg | paste UPO

Note: (I have installed Tvheadend form the zip file you have provided)

1. I had to set the wired network connection to manual and give it a static IP Address in order for it to work with SSH, and Tvheadend.

2. The big problem is, I have to start Tvheadend with -C parameter manually through SSH connection and then login without user/password from Mozilla Firefox on my PC.

3. The tuner "Does not appear" in the DVB Inputs in Tvheadend.

278998688.jpg

Where are almost there, What is the problem now? :/ I think it has something to do with:

Code
    [    6.691212] m88ds3103 3-0068: Unknown device. Chip_id=75
    [    6.691334] dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-4600'

Thank you guys

Index of /test/ -> LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0-latest-media_tree

there pls activate the hauppauge addon (I only changed it there) and test again, it includes the most up to date kernel drivers ... if this doesn't work not much I can do

I added an Tvheadend and an pvr.hts addon as our repo is out of date and they might not work

First I woud like to thank everyone here who is trying to help and find a solution to this problem.

So I have downloaded LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0-latest-media_tree, then formated a 16GB microSD card and wrote the img file to it. Then I booted successfully into LibreELEC. When the Hauppauge addon is disabled I was able to connect to my Pi using SSH, but when I enabled the Hauppauge addon the connection failed so I was not able to do a "dmesg | grep dvb" to check if the driver crashed or not. What do you think is the problem?

Thanks for the help again, we are almost there. I hope we solve it.

are you able to compile vanilla kernels ?

As mentioned above there is a fix for at least one related kernel module in 4.16-rc4 (m88ds3103)

The Linux Kernel Archives

I do not know how to do this as I have just started to use Linux. But I have been reading this Kernel building - Raspberry Pi Documentation and the question is: How to use 4.16-rc4 on the raspberry pi. Should I compile this on the Pi itself or cross compile it on Ubuntu for example? I cannot find a simple guide to do this for the mainline kernel.

I wish that CvH can come up with simpler solution.

GDPR-7 If you can guide me to a tutorial to do this I will be happy to read and learn.

Finally, I have tested the device on windows 10 using ProgDVB and TT-Viewer and "it worked" without any problems using the lastest driver provided by Technotrend at their site. I have tested it on both DVB-s/s2 channels and also tested what happens if I disconnect the PSU and the tuner stopped when disconnected and turned on when connected back so there are no power issues. I believe there are no hardware damages.

It is important to note that the Quality of the signal was bad compared to my receiver. I don't know if it is actually bad and what appears on the other receiver is fake or the receiving quality of the technotrend is bad. So If any one here can tell us it will be nice.

I want to mention also that I have followed the procedure at How to Obtain, Build and Install V4L-DVB Device Drivers - LinuxTVWiki and compiled the drivers modules on both latest ubuntu and noobs. I have ended up with really big folder and installed the drivers but it did not work as well.

So what do you think? what is the problem? mglae  GDPR-7  CvH

Is it something that cannot be solved?Is it software issue?

thanks for the advice. I live in different country so I do not know how I am going to make a proof of no-damage return. and I do not know if I am going to return the device yet. I hope we find a solution.

yea the driver crashs, could you pls disable the hauppauge DVB driver addon (choose LE standard driver) and try again ? (and post dmesg | paste )

Since I was in doubt because of what mglae said, I have repeated what you requested but this time I made sure that the PSU was connected. And to be 100% sure that the device is working properly I will be testing it today in windows with the TT-Viewer software that came with the device on both dvb-s2/s signals to make sure that it has nothing defected. Here you go Scv

I see the crash since I use the device and there in no external 12V.

There is a SMD fuse in the upper right corner of the PCB for the external power that I had to replace once to get it work again.

The fix may avoid the crash but the device will not work without a detected demodulator.

I will confirm this today, but I do not think it is a blown fuse because I have just bought the device. It could be did on arrival case. I will test it today on dvbviewer as well. If on dvb-s2 the device will work smoothly then I do not think that there is any problem with the fuse since dvb-s2 is current demanding.

Btw pls test a milhouse build if it works there, if there is a kernel bug it won't get fixed anymore as LE9 is already at the "corner".

Same result. It "did not work". I have downloaded the latest OpenELEC Img file, installed it, copied the milhouse build to the update folder, rebooted, installed tvheadend, and checked DVB Inputs in Tvheadend. It was not detected before and after installing milhouse build.

So please can you tell me how did you get the s2-4600 to work? what does dmesg tells you?

@Softlander

please do a

dmesg|grep -iEw 'bug|conflict|corrupted|error|fail|fault|fatal|Lock|NULL|segfault|stack|trace|warn'

or attach the lines between [ 4.588994] and [ 5.068200]

or the whole dmesg output

Here is the output: