Posts by sentry23

Hi,

I tried to install 7.0.2.009 to internal memory.. but It's not working.

When I'm booting from USB, everythings okey, but after installing by ssh "installtointernal".. when I'm trying to turn the device on, without USB, there's only black screen.

I noticed from another thread you are also trying to do this on a MXQ pro 4k. Is this maybe also an Acemax box?
    I have it running with the firmware: MXQ PRO 4K (20160708 USB Burning TOOL Way) from here:
    ACEMAX Products SW Downloading Center

(Install to internal worked fine on a generic MXQ pro 4k though)

Same issue here.
    Ran installtointernal several times, no change, just black screen without USB attached.
    (also booted first from USB, and not from SD, could that be a cause?)
    <edit> by the way, my install does not seem to reboot the box, it's just copying, and restarting Kodi once, and then ending with
    All done! You can now continue using your LE system or type "rebootfromnand" to reboot from internal memory.
    WARNING: If your internal memory layout is different from standard Amlogic, you have to reboot and perform this operation again!

</edit>

I also have a question for an older MXQ Pro 4k box:

It's an MXQ Pro that has the problem with the reset button not soldered/not working (holding reset doesn't go into recovery)
    Is there any chance at all to have such a box boot LibreElec from SD or USB, or is it only possible to boot to recovery and install Libreelec on internal memory ?
    (as there's no readily available recovery ROM, and seeing the partition issues with LE, it seems trying to burn LE to internal will brick the box)

Currently I am using the 008 build but the situation is the same. I cannot eliminate the problem so far, so it is not dependent from a format (avi, mkv) and not dependent from the used audio track (DD 5.1, DTS, etc.)
    If anybody has a clue, please share with me, thanks !

This is a wild guess, but I had issues of the box locking up hard under network load, due to an incorrect device tree. (using 200 MXQ 4k on a 201 MXq 4k board)
    Everything seemed to be working, just random hard hangs, when the network was being used a bit more heavy (both during playback as well as things like backup and restore). Using the right device tree solved that for me.

And running smoothly from USB with 007 on my generic MXQ pro 4k, but I had to use the 201 device tree to get WiFI data up and running.
    (It would connect, but I just couldn't get data with the MXQ 4k pro device tree, should anybody have the same issue.. )

Brilliant build!

Hi.
    I'm currently running 005 from SD, and installed 006 on USB. (905 MXQ pro,4k 1GB)
    Booting 006 from USB went great, and everything seemed to work smooth and fast (setup WiFi, update modules, etc), but once a large amount of data goes over the net (restore from plugin, or copy over SMB), the whole box hangs. (no progress, no more SSH, no more ping even).
    <edit> no such issues on 005 </edit>
    Any idea how to start to debug this?

Not sure if I may answer, but let me try (disclaimer: I'm not the maintainer of this thread or have anything to do with LibreElec)

Android is an OS that is meant to run everything in an acceptable way. Kodi is one of those applications.
    LibreElec is an OS/application, made only with the intention to run Kodi in the best possible way.

So in my experience, LibreElec boots extremely fast compared to Android, and it runs the latest version of Kodi very smoothly, with a lot less limitations and more options than what you have on Android. If something does not work, LibreElec is being updated by many coders trying to get the best of their favorite piece of hardware, instead of people having to change Kodi to work around Android limitations.

If you want to run anything besides Kodi, stick with Android, otherwise go with LibreElec :)

Alright, after a lot of testing, everything seems very good with LibreElec S802 (M8 build 7.0.2-2-devel), though I have encountered a few minor issues.

1) When starting a new video, sometimes the video is stuck after around 20 seconds of playback, even though sound is still playing. Just pressing left (skip back) is enough to have the video playing again (even playing the same part, but now not hanging), which is behaviour I haven't seen before in any build.
    2) It seems that audio is occasionaly out of sync. This might be a complete coincidence, but I haven't had this in a very long time on OpenElec 6.0.2, and with LibreElec it happened a few times now.
    3) Long press doesn't seem to work with HDMI CEC remotes. Bluetooth and IR remote function as expected for Jarvis (long press shows the option menu), but on the TV remote (HDMI CEC enabled) it always functions as shortpress. (maybe a key repeat option somewhere?)

Anyway, hope it's useful feedback. It's nothing that is breaking daily use of the box.

Fingers are crossed!

Well.. So far so good. Upgrade with almost no issues from Openelec 6.0.3 by tar upgrade. (even all my settings were kept)

Odd error at the end of the upgrade about not able to mount system, but after a hard reboot all worked. I just had to remove an incompatible skin to get it to work as it should.
    It seems my custom keymap for mapping numeric tv remote buttons to playback control had to be moved from the global to the fullscreenvideo section of the xml, but stable, smooth and playing everything I throw at her

great work!
    <edit>even Bluetooth is working as well (no go with openelec), and I managed to join a PS3 BD remote and have it work directly..</edit>

Sure, I can do this. Was hoping that there will be a community forum for S802 devices soon, so I could pin a topic with LibreElec builds for S802 devices. This thread is/was basically a request for such a forum.

This will probably work with your device. But I don't think that this will work on SD, except the bootloader on your device knows how to handle LE partitions. But I could try to add this abilty in future.

Adding that would be a great feature (it didnt boot from SD)
    Thank you for all the work so far by the way :)

I'm using it now with openelec (on a very stable kodi 15), but a stable 16 is hard to find for it, and I honestly feel LibreElec is the future at the moment anyway.
    Can I upgrade it with the tar (from the current my openelec) and would it be easy to downgrade with tar as well to openelec ?