Posts by Cableguy

Hi,

is it possible to communicate with some external hardware, like a microcontroller, from a script running on LE?

For the Raspberry, I know there's an addon for using the GPIOs on bit level, but without support for the GPIO serial buses.

For x86 I found no information if, for example, the COM ports can be addresses.

Thank you!

Hi Klojum,

since I have no Windows PC readily available, I put the HDD into my Linux PC. The error message when trying to mount it confirms your guess: NTFS system in an unstable state due to some windows metadata.

I totally forgot that I installed a Win-7 system partition on this disk a few years ago, before adding a system SSD to the HTPC.

Currently a backup to my PC's HDD is running, with the disk mounted as read-only. I'll format it with ext4 afterwards.

Thank you!

Hi,

I recently changed my HTPC from Windows to LE 8.0.2. It's installed on an SDD, connected to SATA-0. Everything works fine.

But when I try to connect the internal SATA-HDD which I used for data storage under Windows , LE can't boot:

Code
    Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=system

Checking with "df" in the the debugging shell shows:

Code
    devtmpfs 1953480  0 1953480 0%  /dev 

The size indicated this is the HDD. There's no other device listed.

In the BIOS, only the SSD is enabled as boot device. I also tried using other SATA-ports, same result. The HDD is ntfs-formatted, if this matters.

What can I do?

Thank you!

Hi zorrua,

I recently played around with some CEC commands, before I noticed that standby-control and input control from LE/KODI via CEC already works out of the box with my Panasonic TV. Maybe this is what you need:

Code
    echo "tx 4F 82 10 00" | cec-client -s

will set the input to HDMI1 ("10"), HDMI2 ("20") etc.

When I switch on my TV with LE/Kodi already running (on a Raspberry-Pi), the TV starts with the last active TV channel, and then switches to Kodi after 2-3 seconds.

Hi,

sorry if this is an old topic, I'm still a newbie with LE... :blush:

Today I wasn't able to get my HTPC with LE + THV + DVB-C card running for cable TV viewing (unusual long time to boot, then messages from Kodi like "TVHeadend server not connected"). No change after several shutdowns/reboots.

Then I found my DSL router to be in some error state regarding DSL sync. After rebooting the router, and another reboot of LE, live TV was working again.

The error log

ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:9982

indicates there was a network problem. But, everything is installed on the same machine, and localhost should always work...

I get the same error when I cut the local network access (remove WIFI stick).

Is it true that LE needs access to the local network /the internet / the router's DHCP service to connect to TVH on the same PC ? :huh:

Thank you!

Hi all,

I'm doing my first steps with LE, on a Raspberry Pi 3. LE version 8.2.1 is installed.

I want to use the XBOX One remote controller (NEC protocol). On GPIO18, a Vishay IR receiver is connected. There is a keymap file /etc/rc_keymaps/xbox_one which seems to be suitable.

To config.txt I added

dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pull=up,rc-map-name=xbox_one

But this doesn't work:

[ 4.325490] rc rc0: gpio_ir_recv as /devices/platform/ir-receiver/rc/rc0

[ 4.358206] rc_core: IR keymap xbox_one not found

[ 4.358215] Registered IR keymap rc-empty

I put a copy of xbox_one to /etc/rc_keymaps/, same result.

I changed to rc-map-name=rc-xbox-one, since this is the driver table name given in /etc/rc_maps.cfg, still same result (rc_core: IR keymap rc-xbox-one not found)

The pull-up setting seems also to be ignored, since the high-voltage is still only 1.9 V. I therefore added a 10 k resistor, which puts it to 3.1 V.

Calling ir-keytable shows:

Driver gpio-rc-recv, table rc-empty

enabled protocols: lirc

Applying ir-keytable -c -p nec -w /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/xbox_one

puts the remote to work, with correct key assignments in KODI. But ir-keytable -t still doesn't show any events...

Calling ir-keytable now shows:

Driver gpio-rc-recv, table rc-empty (same as before)

enabled protocols: lirc nec (nec added)

What is the correct way to specify the xbox-one keymap / NEC protocol with gpio-ir?

Thank you!