R-Pi with Xbox remote: can't get gpio-ir working

• Hi all,

I'm doing my first steps with LE, on a Raspberry Pi 3. LE version 8.2.1 is installed.

I want to use the XBOX One remote controller (NEC protocol). On GPIO18, a Vishay IR receiver is connected. There is a keymap file /etc/rc_keymaps/xbox_one which seems to be suitable.

To config.txt I added

dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pull=up,rc-map-name=xbox_one

But this doesn't work:

[ 4.325490] rc rc0: gpio_ir_recv as /devices/platform/ir-receiver/rc/rc0

[ 4.358206] rc_core: IR keymap xbox_one not found

[ 4.358215] Registered IR keymap rc-empty

I put a copy of xbox_one to /etc/rc_keymaps/, same result.

I changed to rc-map-name=rc-xbox-one, since this is the driver table name given in /etc/rc_maps.cfg, still same result (rc_core: IR keymap rc-xbox-one not found)

The pull-up setting seems also to be ignored, since the high-voltage is still only 1.9 V. I therefore added a 10 k resistor, which puts it to 3.1 V.

Calling ir-keytable shows:

Driver gpio-rc-recv, table rc-empty

enabled protocols: lirc

Applying ir-keytable -c -p nec -w /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/xbox_one

puts the remote to work, with correct key assignments in KODI. But ir-keytable -t still doesn't show any events...

Calling ir-keytable now shows:

Driver gpio-rc-recv, table rc-empty (same as before)

enabled protocols: lirc nec (nec added)

What is the correct way to specify the xbox-one keymap / NEC protocol with gpio-ir?

Thank you!

• Drop the rc-map-name DT parameter. Without that gpio-ir will default to the rc-rc6-mce table and LE will apply a default config that supports the xbox one remote out of the box.

so long,

Hias

• The pull-up setting seems also to be ignored, since the high-voltage is still only 1.9 V. I therefore added a 10 k resistor, which puts it to 3.1 V.

I wonder why the pull-up setting was ignored, is it correct syntax?