Posts by rosede

Are you sure you have the right key for that pi? Each key is unique to one raspberry pi. If you have 4 pis then it is easy to mix them up.

Are you sure you have the right key for that pi? Each key is unique to one raspberry pi. If you have 4 pis then it is easy to mix them up.

That was my first thought as well, so I went through each pi and verified the CPU serial number with the MPG2 code. Three of the four pi's show that mpeg is enabled, however, the fourth, and the one that I use the most, mpeg is still disabled. I even rebuilt the pi just to ensure that it was a good build, and to ensure that I had the correct key with the correct cpu serial number. Still disabled.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you.

Daryl

I have four Rpi devices, three RPi2 and one RPi3. When I first switched to LibreElec, I tested the MPEG codec to see if I would need to add my key's or not, and the results on the first couple were enabled, so I never added the key's.

After a bit of use, I started to realized that the voice and video would start to get out of sync on the main media RPi (an RPi3 device). I decided to test it for the codec and it came back disabled, so I added the keys for that particular devices.

Even after adding in the key's, the voice and video get out of sync. I test, and the codec comes back as disabled. Other than putting the codes in the config.txt file, I'm not sure what else I need to do to get the voice/video back in sync. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Daryl

I'm not quite sure what you want.

Each harmony, will need to be set for the particular model of tv, Most of the tv buttons, will be the same, guide menu channel up etc on all devices.

each Pi, will need to be added, to the " tv" remote it will be used with. If when you are using a Pi, you can set it, so that it can control the tv volume

Sorry about not being clearer in my explanation. I guess my concerns are to ensure that the remote will map correctly to LibreElec. I want to make sure that I can play movies, music, and live TV using the remote. I want to make sure that move around within LibreElec, scan the movie and music shares picking up newly added in media, display information about that media, etc. I can do all of that right now with my TV remotes, but as I explained earlier, I have four different TV's with four different remotes and they all have different buttons mapped to these functions. I want one remote that will replace all of the different remotes. I want to be able to map the same button on the four Harmony 650's to do the same function, even though they are interfacing with four different TV's.

I've decided to try one Harmony 650 and see if it'll work. If it fits my needs with the first TV, then I'll replace all of the other remotes with the 650's.

Thank you.

Daryl

I don't have a Pi, but it looks like the Raspberry Pi is in the Harmony database Device Compatibility

But it says you do need an adapter, what controls ie play stop ff etc it has I don't know.

by googling, I found a couple of IR's with remote for the Pi, with one of these, you could use the learning function.

I see you use a Logitech 350. Does that work with LibreElec without tweaking or configuration changes?

Thanks

Daryl

I don't have a Pi, but it looks like the Raspberry Pi is in the Harmony database Device Compatibility

But it says you do need an adapter, what controls ie play stop ff etc it has I don't know.

by googling, I found a couple of IR's with remote for the Pi, with one of these, you could use the learning function.

One of the pi's uses a Flirc, which is a programmable IR receiver, but the others are native and interface with the pi via the HDMI-CEC interface. Its these three that I was thinking of when I posted this. Sorry for not making that clearer.

I have a Sony, two Samsung's, and then a off brand (using the Flirc). The Sony's remote work's great. The two Samsung's have two different types of remotes, and of course they are mapped different from each other.

For the most part, I use the Sony, and have all of the button's memorized, so I can just click without having to look at what I'm doing. However, when I switch to one of the Samsung's, I have to look at the remote and think about what button to push to get the results that I want.

I guess what I'm think is; I want to setup a Harmony remote, one per TV, and have the button's are mapped the same. I just want to verify that is correct. I just don't want to have to change mappings per TV. Oh, and all four pi's have the same version of LibreElec, and the same theme. Once one is updated, all get updated.

Thanks

Daryl

I'm thinking of switching to a Logitech Harmony 650 Remote.

I have three RPi2 media devices, and a single RPi3 media device and I just recently switched to LibreElec. All media devices are connected to different TV's and of course they all have different remotes. For the most part, the TV remote works fine, but they're all different. I have to use a Flirc with one of those devices, and the mapping isn't the best, but it does work.

I want a single remote, all mapped the same, so no matter which TV I use, I can pickup the remote and use it without having to think about which button is mapped to which function. (I'll have four Logitech Harmony 650 remotes).

Does the Logitech Harmony 650 remote map without any issues? I kinda of reviewed some of the other postings, and it looks like a lot of postings where of individuals having to tweak settings to get the remote to work correctly. Is that the case? I just want it to work and not have to do a lot of tweaking. The TV with the Flirc is a pain, and I'm hoping that the Logitech will make it a little easier. The current remote doesn't have all of the buttons needed, and I had to map buttons that don't fit the scheme, and I forget which button was mapped for which function. The 650 has all of the buttons required.

Thanks

Daryl

Hello,

I just moved from OpenElec to LibreElec.

When I was using OpenElec, and if the Guide was left idle, it would continue to scroll. I would turn the TV back on, and I would be able to view the current channel line up. However, LibreElec doesn't do that. If I turn the TV off, and then several hours later I turn it back on, the guide was right were I left it, several hours old. I have to exit out of the guide, and then come back in to get an updated guide.

I've reviewed the settings several times, and I don't see anything that I need to change to get the guide to scroll when its idle. Is there a setting that I can change, or something to tweak? Not that this is the worst thing in the world, just annoying.

Thanks

Daryl

Does a person have to use the "Add-on Filtering" for a connection?

I only have a single add-on that I want to go through the VPN. Everything else is unnecessary. I put that one add-on in the first "Add-on Filter", but every so often, if that particular VPN is slow, or having issues, I switch to another VPN connection. But as soon as I go to use that add-on, the VPN goes right back to the first connection. It took me a while to realize what was going on. VPN Manager was doing exactly what I told it to do. :)

I reviewed the documentation, and I don't see anything that say's that I have to setup a filter, but the way that I read it, I feel that in order to get an add-on to use the VPN, then I have to setup at filter. If I don't setup a filter, will the connection still go through the VPN, or do I have to specifically tell it to use a VPN?

Thanks

Daryl