Posts by rosede

GBM (V4L2) is the new video pipeline that all ARM based LE devices are using for LE10.0. Codec licenses are not availaable as they are not needed: the RPi4 has enough CPU grunt to software decode all the media formats that historically needed them.

But that still does not solve the issue, the audio/video sync is is not an option in LE 10.

The setting isn't available when using GBM windowing in Kodi

I was digging through the settings and finally found in the Systems Info, under Video, "Windowing: Gbm".

I looked at one of my 9.2 pi's, there is no such. So, I'm assuming that this is new to v10, and if so, video/audio sync will not be an option? If that's the case, then Kodi will be pretty much useless. I can't even purchase a video codec license. They're not compatible with the RPi4.

Daryl

There is an audio sync option in the AUDIO OSD settings. Press ENTER during a video, select the Audio section, and adjust as needed.

Hmmmm.....Okay. I guess its been moved. It used to be in Player -> Videos -> Playback. I looked all over and didn't see anything, so I assumed that it was removed.

I'll take another look.

Thanks

Daryl

Please give the LibreELEC 10 beta 1 build a try - with LE 9.2 you need to add a bunch of settings to config.txt to override the video mode, the simple cmdline.txt solution only works with LE 10.

If you connected a 4k monitor then it could also be that the HDMI cable is not specced for 4k - it's easy to find out though, LE 10 with the video mode option in cmdline.txt will start in HD, then you can try switching to 3840x2160 in Kodi (Settings->System->Display). If you get "no signal" on TV wait a couple of seconds, then kodi will automatically switch back to the previous (HD) mode.

so long,

Hias

The cables that I have are rated 4k, at least the box say's so. This is interesting because I recently built RPi4 using v9.2.6 and it works just fine. I'm just wondering what makes this build different?

I'll try the v10 and see if it works.

Thanks

Daryl

I just bought myself a brand new shiny CanaKit RPi4B, case, fan, power supply, HDMI cable etc.....The only item that I used of my own was a known good SD Micro card. One that I know works and that I pulled out of another known working RPi4,

I wrote a brand new download of LibreElec v9.2.6, plugged all into a known good Samsung TV (it used to have a RPi3B on it a year ago so I know its good). No video. HMMMM....I tried combinations of HDMI ports on the TV, and ports on the pi, nothing. I get another known good TV, nothing. Same procedure, swapping around ports, swapping out cables etc...I finally put the pi on a known good TV that is currently using a RPi4, works. I'm thinking perhaps these two TV's are no longer working as I thought they were, so I went out and bought a BRAND NEW TV, something that I know is good.

I still don't get any video output. I decided that since I have a known good PI and a known good TV, that I could swap out PI's. Put the good PI on the new TV, and the new Pi on the other TV. No video output with the known good Pi and the new TV.

I forgot to mention, that in between all of this, I re-downloaded LibreElec and re-wrote it to my card. I even swapped out the power supply with the known good power supply. Still nothing.

Okay. This is telling me that there must be something else going on. At this stage there are no log files to look at, its still just a basic SD card with LiberElec written to it. What else can I look at, or tweak or adjust or IDK.

Any idea's are appreciated.

Thank you.

Daryl

We prefer it if you would use a pastebin service for providing logs, as we like to keep our forum server as tidy as possible.

Also provide the full log file, and not just one or two puzzle pieces relating to CEC.

Wifi + HDMI problems on a RPi4 seem not to be that uncommon, unfortunately. Any chance you can use cabled connection instead?

I'll see what I can do about posting to pastebin.

No, no chance of using a cable.

Thanks

Daryl

I have an RPi4 which is connected to a Samsung Smart TV.

A couple of day's ago, I made a change to my WIFI environment and had to put the Pi back on the network. After doing so, I started having issues with my TV connecting to the Pi. At first it was just the CEC connectivity. I was using a micro-HDMI adaptor to connect the Pi to the TV. Thinking that the cheap adaptor was causing signal lose, I changed out the adaptor and then finally a Micro-HDMI to HDMI cable. I was pretty confident that it was a cable issue because for a while, I lost all video due to the adaptors. Once I got the actual cable, I got video back, however, I still can't get the TV to connect to the Pi.

Samsung's CEC is called Anynet+. In Samsung's menu, I can scan for CEC devices, and when I do, I get "No device found". I turned on debugging and for specifically the CEC Library. This is what I see in the log.

Nothing really jumps out at me as an issue.

How can I troubleshoot this issue? I've ruled out the cable. I've tried both video ports. I even rebuilt the Pi. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Daryl

I made a change to my WIFI password and needed two update RPi4 LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.6. I wrote down the password wrong, (upper / lower case, do it really make that big of a difference?) Well apparently it does, because I couldn't get reconnected to my wifi.

The issue started because there was no way to edit the password once I typed it in wrong. Whenever I tried to "edit", the only options I had were "Connect" and "Refresh", no option to edit or disconnect or anything. Getting frustrated, I decided to reboot the pi and see if it would come back up and give me an option to edit. Now the pi just hangs. I put the SD into my laptop, found where the password is set, corrected the typo, but still, it hangs. How can I get past the splash screen so I can correct the settings?

Thanks

Daryl

Please ignore this thread. I figured it out. Notice how that always happens? You can't see the issue until AFTER you post, then its like "DUH".

chewitt In 9.2.2 LibreELEC-settings is still at 6f6ca1e4, not including the regdom backport.

rosede ssh into your system and use the command linked in post #2. Please replace US with your country.

Oh, I see, sorry, I was a bit confused by your previous post. I made the change, rebooted, and all is good.

I thought that my other RPi4's where on the 5ghz network, but I guess they were not. Perhaps I didn't really care, because the 2.4 was working and all was good. But this particular installation, not all is good and that was why I started looking for the 5ghz.

Thanks, this solved my issues.

In 9.2.1 onwards, in the network settings (in the LE settings add-on).

I don't see anything in the network Settings. But then you add (in the LE settings add-on). Is there an additional add-on that has this setting?

Thanks

Daryl