Posts by Rootz

dumb question here, what is the difference between .gz and .tar builds?

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1e.img.gz
    LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1e.tar

First one is a image to create a fresh install to SD card or USB and the second is like a zip file to drop into update folder to upgrade version to version
    [hr]

I just installed 7.0.3.012j and booted from SD card ... and can confirm again refresh rate switching is not working. I also installed the skin "Transparency" which with a "z" keyboard control shows the actual resolution and fresh rate to confirm it's not running at 24Hz (so my TV's "info" is correct that everything is playing at 60Hz).

So with both 7.0.3.012j and 8.0.1e for S905X, refresh rate switching doesn't work ... I'm surprised this isn't a bigger issue. Can anyone confirm if refresh rate switching is working correctly on their S905X box? Can anyone confirm if it worked in any prior builds?

I'm using a Beelink MINI MXIII II (2GB Ram / 16GB Storge) and I used the gxl_p212_2g.dtb device tree. I have 8.0.1e installed on NAND, and 7.0.3.012j on a SD card at the moment.

Everything works for me.
    Maybe you can submit a log (look at faq)

Thanks for the reply Rootz, but wouldn't this be forcing Libreelec to run at 24Hz even in the GUI? I thought the "Adjust Refresh Rate" option was so Libre/Kodi could intelligently switch between refresh rates depending on what you're doing.

This particular setting has never caused an issue before.

Yes, ill force GUI at 24Hz but why you want more Hz in GUI?
    I set to 24Hz because most of media i see is 23,976 frames so the TV don't need to change rate always it only change if see a content different like TV (50Hz) or something else.
    My settings on the pics above:

Just installed 8.0.1e on a Beelink Mini MX III II (S905X) today. Everything seems good so far but I can't seem to get 24fps working right?

I'm on expert and under "player settings" and I have "adjust display refresh rate" set to "on start/stop" and sync playback to display toggled "off" but when I start a video and hit "info" on my Samsung remote my TV says "1920x1080 @ 60Hz". I'm setting this Beelink up on a secondary TV ... my main TV is also a Samsung and I'm running Kodi on a Nvidia Shield TV. On my main TV when I start a movie and hit info on the remote it'll show "1920x1080 @ 24Hz" so I don't what's going on. I know the movies I'm testing are 23.976fps (using keyboard shortcuts "O" and "Ctrl/Shift/O" both report the video stream as being 23.976fps) so I don't know why the Beelink won't seem to switch to 24fps.

This is my first experience with Kodi 17 so maybe I'm missing something with new options? I set up a couple Beelink Mini MX III's (S905) with Libreelec 7 and never had this issue. When hitting "info" on the remote with those the TV would report "1920x1080 @ 24Hz" just like my main TV. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi,

You can set the resolution on boot and GUI via SSH by typing this command:

Code
    fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p24hz
    fw_setenv outputmode 1080p24hz

Or using alternative resolution with refresh rate you want.

I started using these ROMs recently. 7 worked fine but 8 was having the exact same buffering problems described here. I knew it wasn't my network or my NAS and even with 100mbs, there should be plenty of bandwidth for movies twice the size as I'm trying. No mater what I tried, none of my Bluray backups would play without skipping/buffering. I wasted a couple of hours messing with settings, with no luck, and I finally got these rips to play 100%. I tried so many things so I can't be certain that this is what finally did it. But what I think it was finally was messing with the advancedsettings.xml file. Setting

<memorysize>50000000</memorysize>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <readfactor>6.0</readfactor>

is what started it working for me. Let me know if this helps your guys' buffering issues. I've only gone through 2 movies but I'm hopeful. I'd rather not run android.

<memorysize>50000000</memorysize>

50000000kb = 48828.125Mb

I don't think that's right
    How much memory your box have?

I know it's probably not the right place to ask this question but basically it's all related.

I have a Mini M8S II with the version of Pulsar (BIG THANKS).

There are some important addons that I can not for the work.

Is there any way or suggestions to be able to install AceStream?