Posts by pepeq

Not quite, I can't get full 3D bluray mvc files working.

The raspberry pi detects mvc files ok you just had to put any 3d format in the filename and it works great eg Avatar (2009).3D.mvc.tab.mkv

This file does switch to 3D but the screen isn't right as it thinks its tab format

3D-MVC files work on Kodi for Raspberry only, not on Odroid-C2 and other generic S905(X) devices.

On these hardware only 3D-SBS and 3D-TAB files work and autoswitch to 3D-mode.

Just to say great wrok Kszaq on the latest & greatest 8.1.5 build. All working very nicely including of course the auto 3D switching you have now fixed :)

One problem, which may or may not be related to LE, is that recently I have started using the PVR IPTV feature with a client (SCTV) and using the LE PVR Simple Client add-on. All works very well except that every boot up it keeps re scanning my very large libraries of movies, TV shows and music and this takes ages to complete, slowing down my system whilst it is scanning of course. Is this due to something with LE or is it KODI 17 itself ?? Trouble is I rarely change or add to these libraries and only use them for playing music and for rare times the internet is down and can turn to this big source of locally stored media. I have disabled the scan library for changes at boot up function too, but that still does not stop it rescanning at every boot up. I cannot remember this happenign before I started using this PVR IPTV feature (which is I have to say brilliant BTW with the client that I use).

I appreicate this may or may not be the right thread for this annoying problem, but all I want scanned in at boot up are the IPTV channels and EPG etc., not my usually unchanged huge library. So I am not sure if this is a function that can be corrected within the LE build or is it simply just some obscure setting I need to change. Does anyone know the answer ?

in "System/Settings/Media/Library", section "Video Library": disable "Update library on startup"

same in section "Music Library"

This prevents a rescanning your library disks during startp of Kodi.

Test build for "no signal" issue when playing 3D content:

Index of /s905/8.2/test/20170815/

People with RGB issue can also test it. Please use the old sysfs option to turn RGB mode on, i.e. /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

kszaq:

your devel version 20170815 works like a charm, on both C2 and Beelink MiniMXIII II.

Starting and stopping a 3D-video switches my LG-TV in the correct 3D-mode and back to 2D without 'no signal'-crash.

Also when setting 3D-mode to 'Preferred mode'.

Thanks a lot!

kszaq:

is this sufficient for you to reproduce the 3D-switching problem?

Do you see a chance to fix the problem?

Because I also suffer from the crash during 3D-switching in kszaq's build LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.3 on my BeeLink MiniMXIII II (2/16GB S905X) and LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.3-C2 on my Odroid-C2 I provide 2 testfiles (SBS and TAB) with correct 3D-settings in the fileheader and filename.

1. The crash is independent from the skin (Estuary or Confluence)

2. 3D-switching into 3D mode is succesful when the option 'Playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos' is set to 'Ask me' in the System-settings and I then chose 'Preferred mode (Same as movie)' when starting the movie.

3. If the 3D-mode is set to 'Preferred mode' in System-settings 3D-switching crashes at once when starting the movie.

4. When 3D-switching was succesful (case 2) stopping the movie results in a crash always.

3D-switching with these 2 files is ok with raybuntu's Krypton 16.2-build on my Odroid-C2,

but this build is not based on a Nougat-kernel, as far as I know.

It would be great if this helps to fix the crash. :)

Thanks again kszaq for your great work!

3D-TAB-file:

testfile1 (2017) 3D-TAB.mk3d - Google Drive

3D-SBS-file:

testfile2 (2017) 3D-SBS.mk3d - Google Drive

thanks for your answer, that clears things to me...

You mentioned in your first post from 19. Juli 2017:

Code
    if you choose a device tree with LIRC support, you have to configure your remote control from the scratch (amremote cannot work toghether with LIRC)!

Ok, I want to do this (configure my Harmony from scratch with Lirc), but

where can I get a suitable devicetree for non-C2-devices with Lirc-support?

Can I extract the devicetree from the Marshmellow Android installed on the MiniMXIII internal memory?