Posts by kszaq

1. Is it OK if I manually replace device tree on SD card (should be the surest way)? Should I do it before updating to the latest build or after?

Yes, you can. There is no difference when you do this, it's not "loaded" in any way to your data partition, it is always loaded from SD card (or internal DTB partition if you run from internal memory). You can replace it any time you want. For example if you replace it to a non-working tree, simply put the card into your computer and replace the device tree to a working one.
    [hr]

It seems that putting the update files in the update folder did not update the device tree - maybe I was wrong to put the device tree in the Update folder visible over SMB? Although the device did update to the latest build and erased the update files in the folder.

You have to rename the device tree to dtb.img before putting it to Update folder. I might change that to pick any device tree with dtb extension to be flashed...

mattepiu Thank you. I am a bit out of time recently and I won't be able to check the memory leak soon. The good-ish news is that the leak is also present in official Kodi Krypton builds for aarach64 and hopefully someone more skilled than me would be able to find the reason sooner. Also, for debugging you would need a debug build, with debug symbols not stripped.

CGarces I don't have a task list to be done. Anything you think should be fixed you can work on and submit a PR either to my repo or to LE master.

I don't have issues enabled on Github as they were mostly useless and people were asking the same things on forum and on Github.

Was able to boot from USB and LE seemed to work. I then copied the appropriate dtb to boot partition and rebooted. Then SSH in and installtointernal. Now I am receiving ...automatic repair attempt continuing

bad magic number in super=block

fsck failed. Your sysmte is broken beyond repair
    reinstall LibreELEC

This means your box has a different partition layout and installtointernal needs to be run twice, second time after a reboot.

I noticed that the system makes a backup of device tree. But it's 8 times the size of the 212-2g one. What does this mean? Did it write the correct one?

A backup will always be 256kB in size because it will include the whole partition - if you view the file in hex editor you will see that it has lots of zeros at the end. So don't worry about the bigger size.

Gábor you can force RGB output by using echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb in SSH. You can also add this command to autostart.sh. This command works fully only in 7.0.2.008 build and latest dev builds.

Most if not all S905 devices don't have a working RTC and will forget date and time and have to get it from a time server at every boot.

There was a devel from 25th, not available anymore, that broke my system :( Glad I did a backup yesterday...

Please don't update to versions uploaded but not posted as they are not tested at all. Sorry for that. :angel:
    If you run LE from SD card, you can downgrade by replacing kernel.img and SYSTEM files with files from an older image. Your data will stay unaffected.

With latest devel from 24th the system is up again, but the volume buttons on top of remote (t95x) aren't working anymore!? They do now a page up & page down!?

You need to remap these buttons using keymap editor. The keycodes used in your box' remote.conf are indeed for Page Up/Down buttons and after many complaints I figured out that I shouldn't remap them as with most other remotes these are assigned to P+/- buttons.

There are 2 more buttons on the top (setup & apps) that aren't assigned to any function, correct?

Any extra buttons that you have on your remote that don't work have to be assigned manually using keymap editor.
    You have to understand how it works: my builds grab remote.conf from Android that is installed in internal memory (either in runtime when you run from SD card or during installation for internal memory) and try to remap keycodes that I figured that can be remapped universally. Some remote controls have extra buttons that I don't know about and they have to be assigned manually.
    If you don't want to play with keymap editor and are running LE from SD card, you can take the card out and use your computer to edit remote.conf that is present on SD card - that's the one copied from Android. Edit it and replace numbers in second column: 104 -> 115, 109 -> 114.

Updated to 1023 devl and ram usage was still increasing after watching videos and browsing after 2 days it had used 37% ram.

Tring the new 1024 devl, just browsing my library a few times and the ram jumps to about 60% then slowly decreases. On fresh boot the ram is abot 16% after library browsing it now at 18% which is better than before which used about 7% just browsing

There is still a memory leak issue when using software decoding - related to EGL or FFMPEG, I still don't know. It's also present in Krypton and it will be worked on.

logicheart Please update to the latest development version (link in my post above) - simply drop that file into Update folder and reboot: HOW TO:Update LibreELEC - LibreELEC
    There is one memory leak fix that might help you.

For any next bug report please generate log according to point 8 here: LibreELEC
    This - apart from Kodi log - includes system logs that may include additional helpful information. Thanks.

Edit: I also prefer NFS over SMB. ;)

When Kodi freeze/crash there is a lot of free memory, my test install is minimal : only one add-on (artetv from kodi repo), no lib and nothing else...
    The same stream works perfectly on kodi+android.
    I can use kodi on android it is not so bad on my NexBox but I prefer LE (at least on i86/64 until now).

I have found that using GUI in browsing add-on files and library files in the home network etc, causes available memory to get down to under 180mb available and then a freeze.
    It is no big deal for me just an observation on when it happens.

Can you please test a new development build I've just uploaded? I have added a patch for EGL rendering that supposedly fixes some GL-related leak. I'm not able to reproduce it and I'd be greatful if you can tell me whether things are improved or not. This is the build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161023234951-r23404-g0b27f28.img.gz (when upgrading from .008 you don't need to include a device tree in your update process)

This build also has the same approach to a/v sync as 2016-10-18 devel as this was so far the best one. VQ drops to ~0% but I don't notice any stuttering because of this.

for the remote mapping i recommend to use priority 1.remote.conf on root of boot partition 2. remote.conf internal nand, 3. remote.conf amlogic universal :exclamation:

The current priority is as follows:
    1. remote.conf in Configfiles folder
    2. remote.conf on root boot partition
    3. remote.conf in SYSTEM partition (if present) - there is no "universal" one, unfortunately.

@kszaq....thought it polite to give you an update on my saga with my beelink min mxiii. Thanks to your help I managed to get it to work again using the (fresh install) 2.0.8 fix.img via sd card and then installtointernal........works a treat except the issue with the back button not working but fixed that with keymap editor. i then did exactly the same with my new A95X Nexbox 1gb/8gb and it again works great except for the back button issue but that is now sorted. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed that the wifi with the original device tree on the A95X Nexbox is very very poor. Has anyone tried it with one of kszaq's device trees and if so does the wifi work well?

Thank you for an update. Back button has been fixed in development version, it will also be available in next "official" build. For your Nexbox you should try "Realtek" device tree - if you have S905 and not S905X inside. You should also test WiFi close to your router first. Some of the boxes have poor antennas - I'm not calling Nexbox here, I don't know how they are built. An example: in the same spot I'm getting 150Mb/s negotiated rate with my WeTek Hub (good external antenna), while a box with poor quality internal antenna is only 12Mb/s.

2ami .008 build includes a script that adds labels to partitions so as long as you update using recommended way (and not simply replacing files on SD card), the box will boot correctly.

All builds have a script to remap some buttons from Android to make them work and as I don't have all remotes possible, not all may be remapped correctly. I welcome all suggestions to improve the remapping script.