Posts by Mothy_Tim

Ok so I installed system tools and that gave me a terminal! It seems that the permissions had changed on the storage folder to 0777! So I reset them as per Chewitt’s post in the thread that Iridium linked to. It now works again, ssh and sftp functionality restored!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Cheers,

Tim

Ok so from the thread that Iridium pointed me to

Chewitt wrote:
    Cipher changes in LibreSSL that invalidate old/cached keys or an outdated PuTTY version or invalid permissions on the /storage/.cache folder where the SSH private keys are stored (if insecure sshd will not start) are the normal culprit. If you add "tty" to boot params you should end up with a console on CTRL+ALT+F3 that you can investigate from.

How do I add tty to boot params when I can't ssh in?

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Irusak, thanks, IP address is correct.

Hi Iridium, the output you requested:

Code
    OpenSSH_7.5p1, LibreSSL 2.5.4
    debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
    debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 52: Applying options for *
    debug2: resolving "10.19.64.3" port 22
    debug2: ssh_connect_direct: needpriv 0
    debug1: Connecting to 10.19.64.3 [10.19.64.3] port 22.
    debug1: connect to address 10.19.64.3 port 22: Connection refused
    ssh: connect to host 10.19.64.3 port 22: Connection refused

I can connect to localhost on my Ubuntu 16.04 machine but not on my Mac. But get same error trying to ssh to LibreELEC box from either machine!

My Mac is iMac running High Sierra and LibreELEC 8.2 running on Intel NUC 2820.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi,

Whilst trying to get samba to work properly I noticed that I can't SSH into my LibreELEC box! I've tried switching it off and then re-enabling it in settings but still get this error when trying in terminal on my Mac:

ssh: connect to host 10.19.64.3 port 22: Connection refused

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Milhouse and Chewitt,

Thanks for all your help and I need to apologise! It seems my problem was with samba.conf on my Libreelec machine, I checked it to see if anything obvious jumped out at me when I noticed that it said OpenELEC at the top. So I thought I wonder if the sample had different settings it of course did so I copied them accross to the working file and hey presto it works!! I noticed that it actually says that in the release notes!!!! Don't no how I missed it!! ?(

Thanks again and sorry for wasting your time!

Cheers,

Tim:)

Hi Chewitt, thanks for your response! Yes I tried setting vers=2.0 nothing worked, so I experimented further and discovered that on my Mac that whilst I could see the shared folders most of them were empty! Also the Movies folder wasn’t showing at all! So I think I was hung up on it being an fstab problem when it’s looking like a permissions problem? I’ve gone back to 8.0.2 for the weekend and it’s all working again! Anything you can think of that would make 8.2 change the permissions? Or do you think something else is going on?

Donbrew, thanks but as it works in 8.0.2 I’m quite sure it’s not a caps issue.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi, hope someone can help I tried to get this working yesterday but just can't get it to work! The mount has worked fine for a few years now so don't understand, I see that 8.2 has a major update to samba and this is obviously causing my problem. I can connect from Windows 10 and Mac High Sierra with no problems no matter what I set the Libreelec server too.

Ubuntu 16.04, Samba version 4.3.11

I got it working in the Ubuntu GUI by adding a couple of lines to smb.conf as suggested by Chewitt in another thread. And someone else elsewhere:

min client protocol = SMB2

max client protocol = SMB3

But I still can't get it mount on boot! My fstab entry:

//10.19.64.3/Movies /media/OpenelecMovies cifs guest,uid=1000,users 0 0

//10.19.64.3/TV\040Shows /media/OpenelecTVShows cifs guest,uid=1000,users 0 0

returns error: mount error(95): Operation not supported

I tried adding vers=3.0 to the options, then I get error: mount error(2): No such file or directory

I have also tried setting up username and password on server and then a corresponding credentials file, i get the same error: mount error(2): No such file or directory

also tried adding username and password direct into fstab file but same error!

Anyone spot where I'm going wrong?

Cheers,

Tim