Posts by aptalca

Risky, perhaps, but pointless it is not. Chown on media files is a necessary evil here. This is a plugin that people expect to just work.

The default folders are the local folders on LE that are normally owned by root. But docker containers run as user nobody. We need to make them readable. I suspect most people using this plugin are hosting their media on a usb drive attached to LE. That's why we're not getting complaints about the chown.

The concern about the time it takes is valid. We can perhaps stat the top folder and chown only when necessary.

An alternative is doing a chmod -R go+r which would still cause issues with remote mounts.

Docker containers stop when the primary process exits.

Try `docker run -it ubuntu bash` and you'll get bash running as the main process with terminal access.

But that's not really the way to build le. You're better off using a dockerfile with the dependencies and the le build steps in it

Use the mariadb addon instead

No, you would install from usb/sd as if you're installing it on a brand new machine. That will repartition the drive with more space availabe for the boot partition

Installation is the easy bit. I had that done in about 5 minutes.

Configuring it is another story. So far I've been trying to figure it out, on and off, for almost 2 days and I still can't even create a new database. All the online tutorials do not seem to be relevant to LibreElec. I just get a string of CLI errors, can't find the socket, etc, even from inside the docker container, when I try to follow a tutorial. Each new error leads me down a seeming endless mesh of interconnected rabbit holes, lol

To be fair, configuration is not unique to docker. Even if you installed mariadb from a package manager you would still have to configure it almost the same way.

Configuration via phpmyadmin or any other mysql client is exactly the same. Doing it via cli first requires exec'ing into the container. The rest is the same.

The socket error you mentioned in the other thread, I've never seen and should not happen. If you provide more details I can try and troubleshoot.

Thank you for the hint. That did the trick - had to google a bit, how to mount a nsf shared folder, but I got it to worked now. Great Addon :)

Another quick hint, all the apps in our docker addons run as the user nobody (id 65534) and group user (99) because running as root is not recommended for many of them. So make sure that the mount points have permissions that allow access to that user

You can't use an nfs:// address as a location map, docker does not recognize that. You need to mount the nfs share in libreelec to a local path, and use that local path in addon settings