Posts by aptalca

Docker works fine on my amlogic S905 box and intel mini pc. Thanks for wonderful works.

I'm using mainly as Plex server. :)

But when I tried using PlexKodiConnect with amlogic S905 box, which also serve as Plex media server too, it can load all videos from Plex but just can't play. I don't know if this is a bug using both client and docker server on the same machine, or maybe just my error configuration. But I can play PlexKodiConnect on other Kodi box with no issue.

Anyway, not really a big deal for me. Because I'm not using that docker server box to play video much.

You know, I never tried to play on the same device that plex server was running on. I tried it on a chromebox and an rpi3 but tested playing on other clients.

What exactly is the issue with playback? Is it buffering? Stuttering? Not starting at all?

A couple of things I can think of are, s905 is an arm processor, not a whole lot of cpu power. You can ssh in check the cpu usage while attempting to play.

Disk or network io may also be the problem. I'm not sure if plex recognizes that the server and the client are running on the same machine, because docker uses its own virtual lan that is bridged. Maybe plex is trying to transcode, thinking it's a remote server? I'm not sure. Can you see in plexkodiconnect whether it is direct playing or not?

EDIT: I have an s905 box on order, which should be here next week. I'll certainly try it on there.

JDownloader is the application

I have a docker image for that: docker-jdownloader2

EDIT: Specifically, you can use the following from command line to set up the container and have it autostart:

docker run -d --name=jd2 -v /storage/downloads/:/downloads -v /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/jdownloader:/config -e TZ=America/New_York -p 8080:8080 aptalca/docker-jdownloader2

Replace the TZ value with your timezone if different: List of tz database time zones - Wikipedia

Give it a minute or two, and then go to yourLibreELECIPaddress:8080 from any browser and you should see jd2

In the settings, you can set the download location to "/downloads", which should be mapped to "/storage/downloads" on LE, which you can also access through samba

How long did you wait? I kind of remember lakka doing some stuff to the usb drive the first time live install was selected (maybe like resize image, etc.)

Is your usb stick a usb3 drive by any chance? I had a similar issue with a usb3 drive, switching to a usb2 flash fixed it.

I believe I'm using the 64bit image

Hey there,
    Am currently using rpi2 and rpi3 with LEv.7.0.3, installing the linuxserver repo seems to be possible only if downloading the .zip file and then manually installing it.
    So far if trying the update the LibreELEC Add-ons repo it says it's up to date.

Repo shows up on LE8 alpha and betas but not 7. You're right the zip installs on 7. The reason we limited the repo to 8 is because 7 doesn't have docker support on the aarch64 platform
    [hr]

I'm on generic.

Btw I installed the repo and plex by manually downloading the repo zip. Plex shows as installed. But I can't access the web interface. Don't know where to start looking. Same with portainer. Nothing at <my-ip-address>:9000

Hmm. In command line can you try the following commands and check their output?

docker ps -a

docker images

systemctl status docker.linuxserver.portainer

The first one should list all containers created and their running status
    The second will list all docker images downloaded (shows if there is a connection issue to docker hub)
    The third should show the status of the systemd file created by the portainer addon and if it failed, why it failed (my guess is that you may be out of space, in which case you can delete some containers with docker rm containername and you can get the container name from the first command above)

I don't think you read what I wrote [emoji6]

You don't need to do anything from command line. Install the addon and the addon will manage each container for you. If you go to the addon's settings, it will let you change the port.

Go to addons, install from repo, libreelec addons, repositories and install linuxserver repo. Then go to addons, install from repo, linuxserver repo, and install plex. Go to its settings if you want to change anything. Within a few minutes, plex will be running (it has to download the image, extract it and then create the container, which may take a few minutes)

Make sure you delete any other plex containers that may be running in the background. Portainer will let you do that (install it from the repo, not command line)

Thanks for checking. Then kszaq may have to manually add it to his builds

aptalca, sorry but I am really starting with docker, and I don't know how to do such thing.

Gregoir3, it's like virtual mahcines, but lighter .. so, the answer is : pretty much everything ;)

All you need to do is, in the LE gui, go to addons, install from repo, select the libreelec repo, go to repositories and install the linuxserver repo. After that in addons, go to install from repo, select linuxserver repo and install any addon you like. They all create and manage docker containers that run in the background. Portainer is one of them.

Once you install portainer, it puts up a webpage at port 9000 so from any computer on your network, you can browse to your LE ip and port 9000 and portainer's gui will let you manage containers very easily.

Thanks a ton. Will check and revert.

You can also install docker addons from the linuxserver repo (plex is there). You can find the repo under libreelec addons / repositories.

One you install, just modify the addon settings and that's it.

There is also a docker gui manager in that repo called portainer. It lets you manage the containers and images through a web interface

EDIT: by the way, the issue with your current method of starting plex is that it's creating a new container every time you start it, but it doesn't delete any of the old containers. So you end up with a ton of duplicates taking lots of space. You can use portainer to delete all of those and start fresh. The plex addon in the linuxserver repo manages all of that for you automatically

great ! thank you very much !!!
    [hr]
    youhou !!!!

While you're at it, can you try the docker wrapper addons from the linuxserver repo? I didn't get to test them on s905/x devices yet.

You can find it under libreelec repo / repositories / linuxserver repo. Once you install that, you'll see a bunch of addons that set up docker containers.

Thanks in advance [emoji1]