Posts by aptalca

Updating via web ui is not recommended for docker containers as they often use non traditional service managers.

Linuxserver docker images are refreshed once a week on Friday to pick up various package updates.

The libreelec addon/container updates its image when you restart your box, or if you disable and re-enable the addon

I just created a domoticz docker addon if anybody wants to test. I don't have a usb device to test with at the moment so I need someone to let me know whether it works or not before we publish it.

Here is the zip, you can install manually on LE: docker.linuxserver.domoticz-1.0.0.zip

Keep in mind that the first time the container is started it will create dhparams, which could take a long time especially on low powered systems (somewhere between a few minutes to 2 hours) so be patient. Once the dhparams is created, the webserver will start. In the meantime, you can check with "docker logs docker.linuxserver.domoticz" to see the progress.

The usb device is disabled by default, you would have to enable in the addon settings and make sure the device location is correct.

What would be the command for domotics one since there are so many on hub.docker? Are those at all compatible with rpi and libreelec?

TNX

I just saw this thread. I'll start testing the domoticz image on LE and if it works well, I'll go ahead and create an addon for it, which will be in the Linuxserver repo.

Thanks, this is exactly the configuration I was looking for.

This time, 2 of them crashed around the same time, and the third crashed 20 minutes later:

Nexbox S905x:

X86_64 VM:

Chromebox:

Based on the time difference, I am ruling out power related issues (brown out, etc.)

What else could it be? Perhaps upnp or other service like web?

I'll try disabling those and see if it still happens.

Hi guys,

I have various LE boxes in the house. The ones that are always on are an x86 VM with a GT710, an Asus Chromebox (celeron) and a Nexbox A95x (S905x). The first two are running the latest stable LE 8.0.1. The nexbox runs kszaq's 8.0.1j.

I noticed that kodi was randomly restarting itself on these boxes when on idle and display off. When I went through the logs, I noticed that at certain times, all the boxes get a segmentation fault error and the kodi service crashes, which LE restarts at the same time.

I thought maybe wifi could be the cause, but the VM is on ethernet. Then I suspected mysql, but I since got rid of mysql and now use emby as the backend (no advancedsettings mysql setting). All three are different platforms or hardware and it is super weird. I can't figure it out. They seem to happen almost nightly between 11pm and 1:30am. The only thing I can think of that would affect all three boxes at the same time is a power brownout?!? Maybe?

In any case, below are the latest systemd logs from last night (the kodi crashlog does not show anything at all at the of crash):

Asus Chromebox:

Here's the nexbox:

The VM was off last night so I don't have a log from it, but I can update these again tomorrow if I have the issue again tonight.

Any ideas?