Posts by aptalca

Thanks I just did that, but even after restarting inside plex when I go and select movies it shows it as empty, is that because it's a smb mapping ?
    I double checked in kodi I can see the content of the smb mapping

What do you mean by "restarting inside plex"?

As long as plex starts "after" smb mounts, it should work. I have my shares nfs mounted a similar way.

But if the shares are dismounted or remounted while docker is running, plex won't see the files anymore. The shares have to be mounted first and remain mounted

Sorry it took me a bit to get my test environment set up again.

I talked to the team members and they let me know that everything resides inside "/sync" inside the container, which is by default mapped to "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/docker.linuxserver.resilio-sync/sync" on libreelec. But you can change that in the addon settings.

The resilio-sync client runs as user nobody (65534) so all the files in that sync folder should be owned by that.

I set up a fresh resilio-sync addon on my libreelec vm and I can go to add folder (standard), hit "new folder" and create one. All those newly created folders are under "/sync". I didn't have any issues.

The addon creates those folders and changes ownership to user nobody on start.

See the attached screenshots.

Can you describe your environment a bit more? By the way, don't manually edit the settings.xml or the sync.conf. They are all managed by the addon and they'll break it completely.

EDIT: Did you by any chance select a folder on a remote mount as the sync location? If the remote mount didn't allow chowning that location as user nobody, that would be the issue.

I tried the image on an ubuntu host and didn't have permission errors. I'll try it on LE when I get a chance.

I haven't used resilio sync before and I'm getting confused on how one is supposed to set it up.

I'll talk to other team members who use it and will follow up here

I suggested duckdns as a service, not necessarily the docker for it. Any client should work pretty much the same. Router would be fine.

I just set up a fresh instance on a chromebox running LE 8.2 and after setting up with an sqlite database, I have no issues logging in and using it.

Can you provide more info?

Which LE distribution? X86? Arm?

Are you using the LE box's IP address to access, or a domain name forwarded?

Check the nginx logs under the config folder, both access and error and they might tell you what's wrong.

I have an MECOOL M8S Pro+ with bad eMMC memory, and made an stupid mistake to try to upgrade the Android firmware :(

I already got an refund so it's not a big problem.

I am trying to revive the box, so I can run this LibreELEC build from microSD, but I can't flash an full factory image. Mainly the system partition is problematic, because it has an large size it corrupts easily on my box. So I am trying to flash only the basic partitions to my box to boot LibreELEC.

An amlogic image has several partitions, but I am not sure which ones are needed to succesfully boot LibreELEC from microSD? I think the bootloader + recovery partitions are needed? But maybe also the boot (kernel) partition? Or does the bootloader also check if the system partition is OK?

And also if it boots where does it save the setting that it keeps on auto booting from microSD?

Wait, you got a refund and kept the box? How?

I soft bricked mine, but then was able to revive it with the usb burning tool in something something nand mode (shorting pins on the mobo) and flashed android tv 7.1 on it. It seems to work now, but I worry that it may die any day

Docker and linuxserver? Awesome! Can't wait to try it.

Thanks

Sure, if you go to the addon settings for nextcloud, you can change the https port to 444 or anything else there