Posts by datrh

For me it is different. Using also Darth's Lollipop image. I don't have fix IP but MAC address don't change anymore and could reserve IP on the router.

So this is okay for me.

Never got any fixed IP from any of the kodi 18 images.

in my case, i got X8-H also running the mod Finless firmware.

fix IP is ok but MAC Address changes

trying to get something 100% functional from these chinese boxes is like the holy grail quest ^^

I hate to break the news but either way still reverts back to DHCP after a reboot... Got the "x8h plus with "X8H_PLUS_LOLLIPOP_RC2_NEWBOOT.img"(true shutdown) and I even tried a fresh install 18.2 from SD with the dtb.img replaced from 18.0(final) and still goes back to DHCP after reboot/shutdown. Lets wait to see for more feedback as I might have an "Odd Box". When I ran Kodi 17.6, the first image listed = one that booted and worked if that helps.

if you dare , you may also try the dtb from the kodi 17.6 image.

use a spare SD 'cause it may not boot at all.

yep meson8m2_n200_2G_old.dtb = dtb.img .... so this behaviour comes from something else than just a change in the dtb file.

:cry:

At X8HP = As I recall, in the Kodi 18 Final version I set the IP address manually on the LAN in the libreelec settings and this version 18 kept the IP address but changed the MAC address after restart or shutdown.

And as I wrote in version 18.2, Wi-Fi keeps both IP and MAC and can be permanently reserved in the router.

Versions 18.1 and 18.2 on LAN with DHCP do not hold IP or MAC and cannot be reserved on the router.

I'll try to help with X8HP:)

Next release ,i will revert to the kodi 18 image x8hp dtb's

wrong feedbacks or i've misunderstand some, i've made a change which has broken the "fixed lan ip" .

Fix: Lan utp static ip · datrh/LibreELEC.tv@ea9e69f · GitHub

meantime, x8hp users, if you want to be able to use a fixed LAN ip, replace the dtb.img on your SD (or in the gz/tar) by the kodi18 image one.

it will not fix the "mac address behaviour"

did you try the "refresh rate on " and a "white-list"?

you need to run your device without these settings only with a really old TV.

the "50hz" solution is only for old TV not supporting "refresh rate on" and a "whitelist"

@lieuandy you are right about the X8h-Plus Kodi 18.2! The the fixed IP is not working with 18.2, so you are not the only one with this. MAC is random with me but who gives a hoot on that :) So with 18.1 fixed IP was fine with reboot, shutdown etc.

Sad news about the amlogic datrh ... Thought rockchip was the one to dissapear but guess not.

this is weird want it doesn't seems that i've changed the dtb between 18.1 and 18.2.

ok. I did a few tests. I can boot successfully from the SD only with if the SD card as the image as per post #1 (including the rename of the boot_autoscript to boot.scr). Deleting the s805 script makes the SD card unbootable and it gives me the error in mount_flash error at start up.

If it can help my device is the X8H

I was tempted to try to remove the aml script instead of the s805 but I m not so brave :)

it's a early version of the balbes universal boot script modded to be able to boot from internal with a minix.

if you boot it with a sd , it will try boot from the SD and gives an error if needed the "boot parts" are unavailable.

if you want to use a SD as extra storage, you need to boot the device without a SD and insert the SD when the device has booted (or when you're in kodi). (no big deal imo)

to be able to boot with a SD inserted without "boot part", the bootloader has to be reflashed with a new boot.scr tweaked for this purpose.

i'm working on a 18.2 image and will retry to get something working with crazycat_aml.

with my latest attempt i got a "exports duplicate symbol" but i'm close to figure out why.

regards

crazycat_aml /crazycat, i got

he's not happy with the amlvideodri.... so i will not go further with this and stay with the kernel dvb modules. (edit : well ... i will try a last thing but first kodi18.2 release)

end of this week , i will post the kodi18.2 images

i'm working on a 18.2 image and will retry to get something working with crazycat_aml.

with my latest attempt i got a "exports duplicate symbol" but i'm close to figure out why.

regards

oki try this one, it seems to be ok.

LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img

no need to add something via kodi.

let me know.

and the x8hp.. LibreELEC-X8-H_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img

next : kodi 18.2

/sbin/modprobe dvb_usb_dib0700 says again:

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'dvb_usb_dib0700': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

and the last line of dmesg is:

[ 220.392608@3] media: Unknown symbol _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ (err 0)

So the module doesn't load. Thanks for the effort, datrh.

oki try this one, it seems to be ok.

LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.1.img

no need to add something via kodi.

let me know.

Hi.

Update procedure is really straight forward, thanks.

Unfortunately even after updating to 18.1, the box keep on freezing after pressing stop in a movie. :(

seems that there's something between the kodi "resolution" /mali driver. you need to find what's stable for you.

https://kodi.wiki/view/settings/system/display

check how other x8hp users have been successful to get it working.

:angel: my bad, you have a x8hp and the image is only for the x8-x8h. it can't work

thanks for the feedback

and indeed "Pretty weird but it seems to like the 50hz" cause my x8-h is hooked up into a pana plasma 1280×720 60hz (kodi resolution, i'm not speaking about whitelist because i don't have one nor a adjust refresh rate set on start/stop)

oh ja. I do get a Minix LOGO when the thing boots, so dun know where the black screen story came from :)

got this on my x8-h but anyway what matters is that it works