Posts by CGarces

Hi.

I have instaled LibreElec on a NAND unit and I have a side effect comparing to my previous instalation on SD card.

It's too fast!

I need to wait unit my external unit is mounted.

I see it mounted at /var/media/sda-usb-TOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/addons/service.transmission/system.d # systemctl list-units | grep -i toshiba
    var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount                                                                            loaded active mounted   /var/media/sda-usb-TOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0

I have tried this.

Code
    [Unit]
    After=network-online.target
    Requires=network-online.target
    After=var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount
    Requires=var-media-sda\x2dusb\x2dTOSHIBA_MQ01ABD0.mount

But not is working, looks like not wait for the unit.

I have made a workaround putting a "sleep 5s" inside the sh that launch the addon, but I prefer the systemd approach.

Why is not working?

I make some pretty dumb mistakes .. but this isn't one of them, lol.

No SD card is in the device. I don't know if it helps, but I did use the feature you added and recommended, "installtointernal" to move over to the NAND from the SD.

But again, there is no SD in the unit and no USB thumb drive. Nothing. What you are looking at is the NAND patitions.

Could this be a result of the "installtointernal" due to the original SD being 2GB and the "installtointernal" using same partition structure?

Can you post again the result of df -h?
    In you previous post was...

Code
    /dev/mmcblk1p1 511.7M 146.2M 365.5M 29% /flash
    /dev/mmcblk1p2 1.4G 1.3G 0 100% /storage

/dev/mmcblk1 should be a SD with 2 partitions, p1 and p2

The flash and storage running from NAND should looks like

Code
    /dev/system 975.9M 125.1M 834.8M 13% /flash
    /dev/data 4.6G 150.1M 4.4G 3% /storage

Device trees use a standard partition layout provided by Amlogic. For 8GB eMMC, system partition is a bit less than 1GB, data is ~4.8GB. If you want to resize partitions, you have to modify device tree on your own.

Sorry I'm lost.

8GB eMMC ~4.8GB for data (4.6G on my box) 1 GB for system... where is the rest?

Edited.

Ok, I reply to myself. Not all partitions are mounted and looks like the android device has 10

part-0 = <&logo>;
    part-1 = <&recovery>;
    part-2 = <&rsv>;
    part-3 = <&tee>;
    part-4 = <&crypt>;
    part-5 = <&misc>;
    part-6 = <&instaboot>;
    part-7 = <&boot>;
    part-8 = <&system>;
    part-9 = <&cache>;
    part-10 = <&data>;

kszaq Why the cache partition not is mounted? any specify reason to keep the partition untouched?

The only way to update u-boot I can recommend is to install the latest Android firmware from manufacturer. I haven't tried and I don't recommend flashing u-boot from a different device.

S905 devices without freezes are WeTek Hub, WeTek Play2 and Odroid-C2. All my non-branded S905 devices "died" in one or another way, I can't check.

Also S905X devices are affected?

My V88 Pro with S905x comes with android 6 firmware (S905 usualy have 5.1) and is working fine. I don't know if the issue is related with the android version.

Note that this builds have know issues, see there and there

The boot issue is under investigation.
    For /dev/lirc0 check this if your original remote not works, post the original remote.conf file from android to check what happens.

About the /opt if you need extra software not available on existing repositories you must compile a new package or try the docker containers.

Hi!

Maybe test a experimental build with this source helps or at least check the commits to see if the backports contains something interesting.

Is a Kodi 16 + a lot of backports + LE patches + patches from other projects like OSMC
    It contains 122 commits over the official version of Kodi 16

Comparing xbmc:Jarvis...asavah:Jarvis-amlogic · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

Hi there,

I decided to try libreelec image .009 build for my S905X Mini M8S ii TV box based on the recommendation from freaktab. Firstly, i must appreciate the effort put into this project. I have noticed that my kodi is noticeably slow in doing the following:
    1. Loading content from kodi add ons such as exodus > movies for example.
    2. Opening a stream

I'm happy to share verbose console logs or kodi debug logs as necessary but not sure what i'm looking for.

Thanks

LE not support banned addons
    Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons - Official Kodi Wiki

For those who love testing new builds I have uploaded one with the following changes:

Download from: 2016-11-13
    You have to use device tree from 7.0.2.009 bulid if you update from 7.0.2.008 or older.

Hi!

I not see the changes related to the audio, the kernel version is the same than 7.0.2.009
    Also I'm not sure about the simplified a/v buffering patch, can you point me to the commits?

I'm confused on how the tmp folder is mounted.

Code
    LibreELEC:/tmp # losetup
    NAME       SIZELIMIT OFFSET AUTOCLEAR RO BACK-FILE
    /dev/loop0         0      0         0  1 /flash/SYSTEM

LibreELEC:/tmp # mount 
    /dev/mmcblk1p1 on /flash type vfat (ro,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
    /dev/loop0 on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
    tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)

I don't know how read this results...
    So the /tmp folder is mounted over the sd SYSTEM partition?
    It's possible to use the NAND for mount the /tmp? there are the tmp files stored on Android?

Hi!

I need to test several changes on my build that require a lot of try and error.

How can I generate a update.tar just with the part of LE that I'm changing?

The modification is related to one package inside linux-drivers, it's part of the *.kernel or *.system files?