Posts by donbrew

Upon another hour of experimentation it seems that the culprit is:

disable_fw_kms_setup=1

Since you told me my parameters have no effect in LE10 I tried rebooting with one line commented 10 times. My new, working config.txt is:

gpu_mem=320

disable_overscan=1

hdmi_ignore_cec=1 #comment this if yours has CEC

dtparam=audio=on

dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d,cma-512

#disable_fw_kms_setup=1

dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=17

dtoverlay=rpivid-v4l2

LE 10 LE 9.xxx on RPI 4B 1 gb. On installation the screen gets to the LE splash then goes black, seems to have crashed, but the USB is flashing. This is with a 2006 Polaroid 42 inch TV that does not have CEC or overscan, only choices for aspect.

My solution is to modify the Config.txt to:

gpu_mem=320

force_turbo=0

hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080

disable_overscan=1

framebuffer_width=1920

framebuffer_height=1080

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

hdmi_group=1

hdmi_mode=16

hdmi_ignore_cec=1

dtparam=audio=on

dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

max_framebuffers=2

Note that "include distroconfig" is deleted. Then adjusting the screen calibration in Kodi.

Later today I will try to make a custom EDID. I think I tried that last year, to no avail.

I have been advised that the parameters involved have no effect in LE10. But it works.

I have been advised to file a bug report with logs included. How can I make logs if I can't get to Kodi?

These are just starting points that seem to work.

The CEC message you are getting is from Kodi; set it up in Kodi if you use it, disable it if not. (It is hidden at settings>System>Input>Peripoherals)

Doesn't the // indicate an NFS path? Or, is it SMB? Anyway, / is for one of them and // is for the other. Or, maybe it is just the way my data paths are set up; one is set to the entire drive and the other is set to a directory on the drive.

This happens to me when I switch between smb and nfs, and refresh. Evidently the old (nfs) entries stay in the library until you start a new library or manually delete them.

I was switching back and forth experimenting, I ended up deciding they both work well.

Well, I just re upgraded to 9.2.1 on my pi4, just to make sure. Almost every addon is "not compatible" and disabled. This includes multiple PVRs, YouTube, six, chardet, input stream, dateutils,

Milhouse says his releases for pi2-3 changed after 0229 with the same behavior, that was his explanation.

9.2.1 is completely useless as of the moment on pi4.

Be prepared for most of the addons to break. Seems that Python got upgraded AGAIN to something like 3.01 or something, so now Python 3.0 doesn't work. All of the recently updated to 3.0 addons are broken now (notably six is broken).

You have to log in to youtube to watch youtube vids. Google owns Youtube. What is the difference where you log in?

If you have an Android phone you have a Google account, whether you are aware of it or not.

Get the tin foil out.

Anyways, the answer to the question "how to enable sw decoding" is disable MMAL.

Pi1/Pi2 needs license for hw decoding Pi3 license is optional for hw decoding. Pi4 hw decoding not available.

MMAL means hw decoding. The option wording is misleading it says "allow MMAL" which makes it sound like the Pi will make a decision, it really means "use MMAL instead of sw".