Posts by Forage

not too sure what are you see or maybe I misunderstand your problem

I have this

There are no longer any page links in the list of threads. Because of this you always need to open a thread first before being able to go directly to the last page. This is at least the case on my mobile phone. Where showing links to all pages is overkill, going to the last one directly is quite efficient, on mobile as well as desktop.

... Sorry for the unrelated question ...

That would be the obvious clue to start a new thread instead of discussing something unrelated in an existing thread. And in this case, yes, it is something completely different. Not starting a new thread makes it very hard for all of us to keep track of things and/or filter those things not important/relevant.

Hi,

After happily using Open/Libre-ELEC in combination with a RPi for a long time, I'm now looking for a solution to add a DVB-S2 tuner as well. During my search I discovered the KIII Pro at the same time I found USB tuners to connect to my current RPi.
    It all makes me wonder: why would I opt for a RPi+USB-tuner combination while a KIII Pro gives me an all in one solution with better specs for roughly the same price as a separate USB-tuner I'd have to buy?

The only reason I can think of is the much larger community around the RPi, with this device getting much more development and tuning attention compared to the KIII Pro.
    What is your opinion? How stable is the current situation with LibreELEC? Will I actually experience a significant improvement with the improved specs despite a much smaller development community?

Personally I'd prefer to go for a clean solution, getting rid of Android completely, just having LibreELEC running the show. Will this be possible?

There's mention of the lack of fbdev Mali libraries at this moment, but is this a matter of time or is there no way of telling if they will get released? Apparently it isn't a problem for the previous generation (S905/S905X), assuming the libraries were released for those as well.