Posts by Forage

Due to the absence of the CrazyCat drivers for DVB devices like TBS's in LE10 for the Rapsberry Pi 4 for the time being one needs to add them manually by compiling LE.

Here's a patch for the TBS5580 : linux-tbs5580.patch.txt. It's heavily inspired by the patch for the TBS5520SE by smp as both devices are almost identical.

1. Rename the file to remove the ".txt"
    2. Place the file in one of the following folders, depending on you preference
      • projects/RPi/devices/RPi4/patches/linux/
      • packages/linux/patches/raspberrypi/
    3. Add CONFIG_DVB_USB_TBS5580=m after CONFIG_DVB_USB_TECHNISAT_USB2=m to one of the following files, depending on the arch for which you are building
      • projects/RPi/devices/RPi4/linux/linux.arm.conf
      • projects/RPi/devices/RPi4/linux/linux.aarch64.conf
    4. Build your LE image

Enjoy.

tx fixed

Not yet, the new graphic drivers interfere with the dvb drivers and its getting complicated very quick if we add them at this point.

Later LE versions (LE11) will likely include it again.

Thanks, bummer. With LE's current track record, two years from 8.0 to 9.0 and another two and a half years to 10.0, I'll be going back to 9.2 for the time being in that case.

LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.0 - LibreELEC

[...] settings in config.txt can longer be used to work around [...]

"can longer" > "can no longer" (...even though hdmi_mode and hdmi_group were still needed and work fine in my case)

Also, the dvb drivers are also missing in the RPi 4 build. It might be good to mention this in the article as well.

On that same subject, will they be added again in the near future?

Despite the GDPR, it should never have been enabled in the first place. It's a shame that sharing personal information with a third party without consent first requires a law to be stopped.

Thanks for the clarification, my NFS share is working fine with high bitrates uhd files. Also ntfs disk is working fine and since I have a 8tb hdd I don't I can back up to reformat as ext3 or any other format. Is there a way to fix this without ?

At this point, with all the explanations given, it should be clear that you're hitting the limitations of your box and that there's nothing left but simply accepting it. Any further discussion for a workaround or solution (different box, how to create a backup, how to reformat, etc.) would be beyond the scope of this thread and largely up to your imagination.

Sorry, I do not agree.

The main goal of the Open-source community is to provide support for everything for free and, usually, in their free time. Thousands and thousands of drivers have been made by the community for years, from the very beginning a new hardware is out in the street till nobody, but the deveoloper, uses them, doing reverse engineering, somehow overriding and patching whatever similar libraries are found, etc. Never mind, against all odds! That's the spirit!! Laughing at huge enterprises which only provide (sometimes quite poor and crappy) Windows (and/or Mac) opaque support! (Nowadays, this has mainly evolved to cheap and crappy little brief companies/chips/devices with Android support).

Another completely different war is to battle Kodi logos and trademarks in those chinese devices you say, believe me, and that is nothing related to this issue.

Anyway, do not blame a child for whatever his father or ancestors did to you.

That's quite a naïve and unrealistic view of things.

Hardly any of the bigger and serious open source projects (Linux, Firefox, My/PostGreSQL to name not nearly enough) would not have been even a fraction of what they are now if all the developers would have done it in their spare time, for free. Even a project with a million spare time developers would need management, and that can become a full time job pretty quick.

Without fin@ncial backing of some sort achieving your(/our) ideals is simply not possible.

Besides essential, there's nothing wrong with financi@l backing either. As long as it does not get in the way of the initial ideals.

And no, the main goal of open source is not to provide everything for free. Not the product, not the support. It's too provide something open. It being free is only a bonus.

One inconvenience I would like to overcome would be the fact that I have to switch on the TV before turning on the KIII Pro. If not the screen will just stay completely black, even though Kodi works fine in the background (streaming through DLNA).

Is there a way to force HDMI (1080p) output to prevent this? I don't suppose this is some default available Kodi setting, but rather some sort of config for the box (if existing at all).

Anyone got a clue?

I've been happily using the builds provided in this forum for a while now and I can't complain in terms of performance and stability.

One inconvenience I would like to overcome would be the fact that I have to switch on the TV before turning on the KIII Pro. If not the screen will just stay completely black, even though Kodi works fine in the background (streaming through DLNA).

Is there a way to force HDMI (1080p) output to prevent this? I don't suppose this is some default available Kodi setting, but rather some sort of config for the box (if existing at all).

Have anyone an idea how I can set the energysave (I dont know thats right im german -Energiesparen-) settings in Settings->Energysave and activate the suspend mode? I cant set this because its grey.

Try
    [8.2.1.2] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

But it is considered unreliable, with different results on different devices. Some not properly waking up anymore. Hence it being disabled by default. If you break your system you get to keep both halves.