Posts by robmcc83

More info on this.

I first noticed this when setting up my new install on the 64gb SD card.

I wrote the LE9 image to SD card.

Once loaded up I changed a couple of settings like I normally do (basic stuff like my location etc).

Then I connect my external drive with my media on reboot and check all is mounted correctly.

The drive is formatted in ext4.

When I first added my movies folder to Kodi and scanned everything went fine the was only 86 movies.

But then when I scroll through my list of movies that's when it will completely freeze up the pi.

It did this a couple of times when I first added to library.

It seemed once it had fetched artwork when scrolling through all my movies that the freezes didn't appear again or so I thought until adding more.

I now have 91 movies some added to library no problem some caused the freeze.

For example, tonight I copied over a movie from my computer and update my library (this part always goes ok) then when I navigate through my library to that movie that's when it will freeze my pi up and I have to pull the plug (even left it 10mins to see if it would respond) so it almost seems like when highlighting a newly added video and it tries to fetch artwork that's when it freezes.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hi everyone.

I have a problem that seems to be intermittent and was wondering if anyone else has had this or can point me in the right direction to logs to find out the cause.

Some times when I add a new video file to libreelec and I update the library to scan, my raspberry pi 3 and libreelec will freeze up and the only thing I can do is to pull the power out.

It doesn't happen everytime but I would say it has around 50% of the time since using LE9

This never happened on 8.2.5

It does it on my new 64gb SD card I brought specifically when the new LE9 came out for a fresh install and I've also upgraded my old 32gb SD from 8.2.5 to 9.0.1 and have been using that the past couple of days to see if it has the same problem on that to rule out if it is the SD card.

And unfortunately it has also just done it on that SD card as well which is what brings me here for help.

Thanks in advance

Rob

It appears that it is no libreelec itself but it is indeed something changed or not included between Kodi 17.6 to 18

I have also downloaded Kodi 18.1 on my android phone. PVR fanart or thumbs do not load.

So I downloaded Kodi 17.6 on my android phone and PVR fanart and thumbs load almost instantly when going through my channels.

I would be very grateful if anyone could find out what has changed or is not included between versions, I wouldn't no where to start lol.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

There are skins out there that state in there changelog that they support this feature providing skin helper is installed.

Aeon nox silvo and eminence are 2 skins they say they support artwork for PVR.

I have had this working in my previous 8.2.5 setup and I don't use any xmltv I've always just scanned muxes via tvheadend and let tvheadend grab EPG data, then just left tvheadend alone.

After that I've just installed tvheadend PVR and left everything default.

So in the past it has definitely worked with most things default.

Thanks

Rob

Hi,

I currently have no fanart on my PVR live tv that comes from tvheadend.

I know before on eminence skin I use to get some sort of fanart/screenshot for most programmes above the info bit, but now all I'm getting is the Kodi logo in that box.

I've only just got round to finishing my fresh 9.0.1 setup but I feel pretty sure it worked in 8.2.5 has something changed?

I've also tried other skins but they do the same.

Also if I press my context button on a selected channel and go to artwork, in that menu it where I can choose artwork it shows artwork in there but it just isn't showing in the box above programme info where it's suppose to.

Thanks

Rob

Already tried one of them as I have one on another project.

My TV has something called arc which is suppose to pass audio over hdmi to a audio device.

I connected it to the hdmi labelled arc and selected my TV audio output to arc.

Unfortunately I get no sound at all although it must have done something as when selecting arc as my audio output my sub made a quick boom noise, usually the noise when you switch on a device connected to it.

Suppose my only other option is a Bluetooth to audio adapter as my TV has Bluetooth.

It's just annoying that modern TVs don't come with a simple line out or headphone socket these days.

Thanks

Rob

Unfortunately my smart TV doesn't have any type of analogue out :(

That's why I have tried setting up the way I have.

It makes sense though as it is my TV that has the slight delay.

I suppose if there is nothing I can do to prevent this I'll just have to leave both analogue and hdmi enabled but turn the volume down on my TV whilst using the audio system via analogue.

Thanks

Rob

Hi all,

I'm using rc6 remote and as standard the power button turns of the pi.

This is annoying when one of us catches the button or press it by mistake.

Is it possible to make it bring up the power options menu rather than just shutdown because at least that way I could just press back if accidentally pressed.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hi,

I've just connected a audio system via the line out on the raspberry pi on my setup.

I would like to still have audio going to me TV through hdmi because I don't always want the bass thumping when watching normal TV or TV shows but I will use it for movies and music.

So what I have done is gone into system settings then audio and I've selected both analogue and hdmi.

The problem is one of them is very slightly out of sync with the other so it causes a echo effect.

Is there anything I can change to prevent this.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Also it appears you bios file have wrong checksum as well.

I don't think you have followed my instructions for installing retroarch properly at all.

The black screen you get when trying to launch the game from retroarch means missing cores, which if you had followed today's earlier instructions you should have them.

Also if you had followed today's earlier Instructions you would have obtained the correct bios versions for retroarch libreelec version as it says to check lakka bioses as that's what libreelec uses.

And in regards to the bios, as long as you have not changed any configurations within retroarch you have placed them in the right place but you can check where retroarch is looking for them by looking for directories within the retroarch program once in directories the top one should be system/bios and it should point to /storage/emulators/bios.

Ive never used AEL someone else will have to help you with that I'm affraid, like I said in another post, I came from retropie that's why I chose the emulationstation approach as I know how it works.

I have given more than enough information to get you playing games.

If you already have roms following my instructions using emulationstation and retroarch you would be up and running within 10 minutes if you follow it correctly.

It really is that simple.

Example for running everything from SD card

1. Install gamestarter repo

2. Install retroarch and emulationstation

3. Download libretro full cores from the configure menu of the retroarch addon

4. Launch retroarch, exit then reboot

5. Copy bios files to /storage/emulators/bios.

6. Create a directory called psx in /storage/emulators/roms/

7. Copy your psx games to that folder in iso or cue/bin format.

8. Launch emulationstation pick your psx game you want to play and that's it your playing psx games.

It's that easier, it only gets complicated when you want to customize things to your liking.

Rob