Posts by robmcc83

Brilliant :)

Thanks for the help think I'll be able to do it now with the information you have both provided.

I'll try later today when I get time and report back to hopefully let you know all has gone well.

It's a shame the generic build doesn't work like the RPi builds.

The raspberry PI let's me choose both HDMI and analog as the output at the same time.

Anyway thanks again.

Thanks for your suggestions.

That audio profiles add-on looks like it would do the job.

Only problem is looking at that is the is the configuration instructions seem to show how to set a key on the keyboard to toggle output.

How would I change that to make it use a button on my mce remote, preferably one of the coloured ones at the bottom

Thanks

Hi all.

Just a quick ask really although maybe a pain in the backside to achieve.

My pc I run libreelec generic on has a Logitech 2.1 speaker setup plugged into the 3.5mm analog output.

I switch to this output when playing music and quite often movies as the extra bass this provides makes for a better experience.

By default I always leave out put on HDMI so it comes through my tv speakers as don't want to wake kids when just watching normal tv at night.

What I have to do when changing output is go to audio settings and swap and change as needed, beginning to annoy me now as my 3 year old has to have the Logitech speakers on now when watching films as she loves it haha.

Is it possible to map a button on my rc6 mce remote to achieve this.

For example map the blue button to toggle between the 2 outputs as the coloured buttons aren't used as nobody uses teletext any more.

Or even better say have the blue switch to HDMI and the red switch to analog.

Thanks in advance

ok so I have fixed the sound issue but created so many more by uninstalling the add-on.

So much doesn't work with the latest versions of this add-on.

On fresh install of the retroarch add-on from the gamestarter repo, my ps3 controllers do not work. I remember this from the le9 earlier days, but only this time I just updated keypad config and it worked.

Second issue, the add-on does not install all Lanka cores from the settings part of the add-on.

I select download all Lakka cores from the settings menu of the retroarch addon from gamestarter and most cores are missing, tried several times and still not all there.

Then after you get through all this you are faced with no sound.

I can solve this by going to the retroarch.cfg file, finding audio_device "" and adding my sound card I want to use which I find by running ssh and typing aplay -L

Then in between the "" i add the device information and all works good.

It seems like a lot of stuff is outdated with this add-on now could this be right.

When I first started using this add-on on le 8.2.x it worked perfect no need to alter anything.

Since le9 it just appears I have to mess around with so much just to get it working.

I'm all up for helping if I can be any help as I love this add-on for kodi, I'll just keep hold of all altered files for now in case anything goes wrong with my setup so I can just copy them back over to save going through all config files again :)

By the way I'm using generic 9.2.0 le on a amd platform.

I have a gigabyte board and downgrading is easy for me (sorry for that news)

For me i settled with a gigabyte f32 bios version in the end which is agesa 0.0.7.2 i believe this is actually a combiPI release but before they added 3000 series support, i think this release only added support for the athlon 200 zen cpu but i had to use this one as my western digital m2 ssd wouldnt work until this bios version.

This bios has been solid for me.

Windows works fine for me (i currently dual boot so i can also play a few steam games on my big tv)

Linux distros work fine as long as they above kernel 5.0.x

And libreelec works fine for me, been pretty solid to be honest.

I use gamestarter addon and play some old retro games on libreelec, play mainly x264 and x265 movies/tv shows all 1080p and 4k, tvheadend for all the live tv stuff

The computer is set to wake and sleep when a raspberry pi calls for it from mine or one of the kids bedrooms.

i dont really change any settings in libreelec after stock install just skin stuff to my preference

So i can assure you it does work fine so it must be related to something on or in your system.

Or maybe even a faulty part of some sort.

Mine has always worked fine on windows since agesa 1.0.0.4 pinnacle so the fact you have problems on windows my suggest a part is at fault somewhere.

I use a gigabyte ga-a320m s2h v2 motherboard.

the 2200g

16 gb kingston hyperx (2x8gb 2667mhz)

120gb western digital m2 2280 ssd (For libreelec)

240gb kingston uv500 ssd (windows 10)

4tb wd green sata hard drive (for all media)

it was late last night when I wrote that so I'll explain a little better how I got a stable system.

I had problems with both Linux and Windows when I put together this computer before even using libreelec, all we're graphic related and and one occasion the same problem was present on both fedora and windows so it seems certain things are shared between os'es.

I had to use fedora as anything below kernel 5.0.x Linux wise would not boot on my system.

Then came the agesa 1.0.0.6 pinnacle update and all the problems we're fixed and everything became stable.

As more bios updates came out and I updated to them I started getting strange fan behaviour and the system becoming a little unstable again (random freezes and if I played a video on YouTube on windows when I would go full screen I would get audio but the screen would just be green).

So things were clearly bios related so I contract gigabyte support with this issue and they were a great help. Basically latest is not greatest these days it appears and it worked for me.

The tech support told me there is no benefit being on anything higher for the bios version than the final version of pinnacle PI as anything after that is just updates for amd 3000 series or up and coming processors.

I questioned that as the latest bios also stated "improved boot times" but they said that's irrelevant to me as that's improved boot times for amd 3000 series not my 2200g.

Also as newer processors come out they will have to remove older generation support as the bios is limited to a certain size, this means the motherboard will support a wide range of processors but will require different bios versions depending what you use.

I was advised to use bios with agesa 1.0.0.6 pinnacle PI as this is the final version for 2200g anything after that is just support for newer stuff.

Followed there advise updated drivers from amd and everything works fine now.

Also Ubuntu since updated to to kernel 5.0.x so that also now works.

Also I need to add for me libreelec didn't work until the beta reached kernel 5.0.x which I believe was libreelec 9.1 the old 8.2.5 didn't work for me and wouldn't boot just like any other Linux distro below kernel 5.

Since 9.1.501 le has been solid for Me, had a few boot warnings but one was because I had virtualisation switched on in my bios and the other is apparently safe to ignore as it's only a warning and fixed in later kernel.

Hope some of this can help you as it can be frustrating.

But the fact my setup is pretty much same as yours (I think) and works fine you should be good if you follow what I did.

Rob

stay away from combi bios for that cpu.

I have same setup as you and mine works fine.

But didn't on most recent bios.

I settled for agesa 0.0.7.2 which I believe is pinnacle

I play games watch live tv, movies, tv shows etc most of the day and have no problems, I also play a lot of h265 and 4k h265 all work fine.

I'm also running the 2200g on my build.

Mine is working pretty solid now after tweaking for a little while.

You must of been lucky, my system wouldn't boot until le 9.1.501

No Linux os worked on my system until kernel version 5.0.x

Anything 4.19 kernel or below wouldn't boot, I just got stuck with black screen.

Maybe try a different bios version for your motherboard. That's what solved most of my problems simply by downgrading the bios.

Hi, I've managed to solve this.

It was indeed my autostart.sh file

Using the script from the wiki for the prevent idle shutdown works fine.

Ive added stuff to the autostart.sh in the past and though I knew what I was doing lol.

Looking at the wiki for autostart it became clear I needed to use the nohup command to keed the script running.

Thanks again for the help suppose I just needed a little extra time on this to solve it.

Rob

Thanks will give this a try tomorrow when I get a spare half hour.

Im wondering if it might be something to do with the autostart script to be honest.

The fact it works with a reboot, and works if I power it of then on again, but when it sleeps then wakes that's when it no longer works.

I'll try the above script and let you know.

Thanks

Hi all.

Somebody a while back pointed me in the direction of useful shell scripts wiki for wanting to wake and sleep my computer running libreelec.

Im having a hard time trying to get it working correctly.

I have created a prevent_idle_shutdown.sh file in the config directory containing the scripts from here Useful shell scripts [LibreELEC.wiki]

I have then added what I need to to the autostart.sh file

After that I have ran chmod +x on both files to make sure the executable and rebooted.

Then running my pi over samba shares this will prevent my computer from going to sleep, and when stopping the media on the pi the main computer will go to sleep.

My problem is that the next time the computer wakes it will not sleep after the time I have set, it's almost like the script is keeping it awake even though nothing is connecting to it, so basically it only works once.

Anybody know anything about this.

Thanks

So you use a virtual machine to run LE. I don't use VM, but there is a chance that it does an encapsulation of hardware / software, which may lead to the "system mode" (see above).

I think LE programming will stay as close as possible on hardware level to get max. performance, so I don't expect a fix by update.

If you have more than one OS (LE + X), try Grub boot manager, and don't use VM for LE anymore.

I think I must of worded that last post incorrectly.

I don't run le on a vm at all. I install le direct to my ssd.

What I was trying to say was that a Google search of the first error that appears during boot is related to a amd virtualization error.

I have checked my bios and it is currently disabled so not sure why I would get the error.

If I was to be running Ubuntu, from what I have read on a few Linux forums regarding this error it appears I can blacklist something to stop this. I'm not sure what this means but some of the forums also say its fixed in later kernels.

If it's a warning I will just ignore it but if its a error that could cause problems I suppose I need to sort it. I'm not a Linux expert so I don't have a clue when it comes to errors. I've always used raspberry pi's before deticating an actual computer for my main living room. Only ever had 1 boot message with a pi and that was quickly resolved.

Think I'll have a play with some bios settings for now see if anything changes. Something I've learned recently with modern motherboards is that the latest bios is not always the best.

Thanks

virtualization is what VM has something to do with which stands for virtual machine.

That is what I believe to first error to be related to.

The second error that says something to do with a connector is related to the vega 8 graphics.

This is my findings on Google but I can't find fixes for these, it appears later kernels have one fixed but not the other, I'm no Linux expert I'm just going on what I have read on the Internet.

Thanks

Can you run this command and post the result?

Code
    /usr/sbin/fsck -T -M -p -a UUID=5DDB-A25D UUID=755545e4-49d7-4a92-a665-93dc96612141

Hi, running that command does nothing

Just like hitting enter on the keyboard without entering any text.

There is no code change between 9.1.502 and 9.2.

"sed: write error" is printed because /dev/kmsg refuse to been written with more than 1024 bytes at once (more than 4500 in your case).

The error is harmless, just as the fsck error. I see two options:

1. Ignore the error and wait for 9.2.1
    2. Boot another Linux system (i.e. from USB stick) and use fsck.fat to fix the error on file system UUID=5DDB-A25D

As long as the error is harmless I'm happy to leave it as it is. Like I mentioned in a earlier post, this error was introduced in le 9.1.502

I confirmed that be going back to le 9.1.501 when I first noticed the error and the error is not present in 9.1.501.

What about the other 2 errors I get before the sed write error.

Ive done a little research on these 2 and appears 1 is related to the amd vega 8 graphics that is built into my amd ryzen 3 2200g, and the other is related to VM.

Couldn't find any answers to solve them even more so with libreelec being quite closed in terms of altering stuff via ssh.

Thanks all.