Posts by robmcc83

    So you use a virtual machine to run LE. I don't use VM, but there is a chance that it does an encapsulation of hardware / software, which may lead to the "system mode" (see above).

    I think LE programming will stay as close as possible on hardware level to get max. performance, so I don't expect a fix by update.

    If you have more than one OS (LE + X), try Grub boot manager, and don't use VM for LE anymore.

    I think I must of worded that last post incorrectly.

    I don't run le on a vm at all. I install le direct to my ssd.

    What I was trying to say was that a Google search of the first error that appears during boot is related to a amd virtualization error.

    I have checked my bios and it is currently disabled so not sure why I would get the error.

    If I was to be running Ubuntu, from what I have read on a few Linux forums regarding this error it appears I can blacklist something to stop this. I'm not sure what this means but some of the forums also say its fixed in later kernels.

    If it's a warning I will just ignore it but if its a error that could cause problems I suppose I need to sort it. I'm not a Linux expert so I don't have a clue when it comes to errors. I've always used raspberry pi's before deticating an actual computer for my main living room. Only ever had 1 boot message with a pi and that was quickly resolved.

    Think I'll have a play with some bios settings for now see if anything changes. Something I've learned recently with modern motherboards is that the latest bios is not always the best.


    virtualization is what VM has something to do with which stands for virtual machine.

    That is what I believe to first error to be related to.

    The second error that says something to do with a connector is related to the vega 8 graphics.

    This is my findings on Google but I can't find fixes for these, it appears later kernels have one fixed but not the other, I'm no Linux expert I'm just going on what I have read on the Internet.


    Can you run this command and post the result?

    1. /usr/sbin/fsck -T -M -p -a UUID=5DDB-A25D UUID=755545e4-49d7-4a92-a665-93dc96612141

    Hi, running that command does nothing

    Just like hitting enter on the keyboard without entering any text.

    There is no code change between 9.1.502 and 9.2.

    "sed: write error" is printed because /dev/kmsg refuse to been written with more than 1024 bytes at once (more than 4500 in your case).

    The error is harmless, just as the fsck error. I see two options:

    1. Ignore the error and wait for 9.2.1
    2. Boot another Linux system (i.e. from USB stick) and use fsck.fat to fix the error on file system UUID=5DDB-A25D

    As long as the error is harmless I'm happy to leave it as it is. Like I mentioned in a earlier post, this error was introduced in le 9.1.502

    I confirmed that be going back to le 9.1.501 when I first noticed the error and the error is not present in 9.1.501.

    What about the other 2 errors I get before the sed write error.

    Ive done a little research on these 2 and appears 1 is related to the amd vega 8 graphics that is built into my amd ryzen 3 2200g, and the other is related to VM.

    Couldn't find any answers to solve them even more so with libreelec being quite closed in terms of altering stuff via ssh.

    Thanks all.

    Not quite sure what system mode is I'm afraid.

    It is a clean install of libreelec 9.1.502.

    I use the USB creator tool and just install libreelec onto my internal ssd.

    I have not changed any audio settings etc.

    Libreelec 9.1.501 give me the first 2 warnings, the same as 9.1.502 does but the sed: write error is a new error that only happens with libreelec 9.1.502, it doesn't happen with 9.1.501.


    It comes up just before the "libreelec (official) 9.1.502" text appears in the top left corner of my screen.

    It's only there for a second or 2 so hard to get a picture lol.

    The image still works but just want to know if this error is safe to ignore.

    I also get 2 other warnings that load before the sed write error, they can not show for a while or they can appear almost every reboot sometimes.

    I asked before a while back regarding these 2 warnings but had no response.


    Don't think so, I use the exact same tp link WiFi adapter on one of my pi's and I get around 35mbits.

    This is also a couple of rooms away from my Internet router.

    I also use a pi3 with built in WiFi which is located in the bedroom above the Internet router and that gets around 28mbits.

    And that works perfect.

    At the other end of the house is our bedroom which struggles with signal, I tried WiFi extenders etc but they was all useless.

    I went with homplugs in the end for that room works for me on rpi2

    Did you add the missing libass files at some point?

    I have recently fresh installed le 9.1.501 on both my pi 3 and generic pc.

    After installing both retroarch and emulationstation from the game starter repo both of them black screen and return to kodi.

    This is the case for both pi3 and generic.

    Solving retroarch I updated to bite_your_idols latest retroarch beta which worked.

    As for emulationstation had to change locale for that to work.

    Unfortunately though due to several issues with libreelec and no response on the forum, I've decided to put windows 10 onto the generic pc and install kodi that way and so far haven't seen any problems.

    The pi3 I've just decided to downgrade to 9.0.2 le as that gives me no problems with the game starter repo at all.