Posts by alexeiyo

Thank you so much for the advice.

Yes, the Nvidia Shield is the top, unfortunately it costs too much. About the ZIDOOs to which model do you refer ? ZIDOOs A5S ? ZIDOOs X9S is not compatible with libreelec.

The remote control of my samsung TV is very poor, it is not suitable for a media-center use, the remote control I am going to take the MINIX NEO A2.

Yes, the box android i have to use it mainly with libreelec, android i need it right to try some interesting app.

X9s if you just need one of the best Android boxes. But if you need an HDMI input, internal hard drive option and money is no object, then X10. But only for Android, as you know.

As much as I know, Nvidia Shield along with ZIDOOs are the best android boxes.

As for remote control -- is TV's RC not sufficient for your needs? I'm been using RC through the television's CEC interface. Works well.

Personally, I, don't care about Android at all. If the only thing your are going to do with the box is media center, then Libreelec is better solution.

Well, I'm been using Khadas VIM box for several months, as "always on" device. The stock device had no heatsink at all. I've added a tiny (aluminum one) by myself. So far works well. It has dual band wifi and BT. None of them are being used by me.

A friend of mine bought the Beelink device and I had a chance to play with the box. It had better, classy look and definitely better heat management as well as similar to my device price and features. The friend is happy with the MXIII, that what he told me on several occasions.

"overkill" means much more than enough and "IMO" is "In My Opinion".

alexeiyo

Hi, thanks for the advice, I agree, the higher end boxes have a better wifi module, as the best dissipation is the minix neo u1 however it has the s905 cpu.

Sorry "overkill IMO" what does it mean ?

What box do you have?

The Beelink Mini MXIII II on amazon has a lot of negative reviews. According to you the best box in absolute which is it ?

Well, I'm been using Khadas VIM box for several months, as "always on" device. The stock device had no heatsink at all. I've added a tiny (aluminum one) by myself. So far works well. It has dual band wifi and BT. None of them are being used by me.

A friend of mine bought the Beelink device and I had a chance to play with the box. It had better, classy look and definitely better heat management as well as similar to my device price and features. The friend is happy with the MXIII, that what he told me on several occasions.

alexeiyo You have to provide full path in second command. I assumed you know how dd works.

If you run LE from SD card the path to dtb.img on SD card is /flash/dtb.img

##############################################

# LibreELEC #

# LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #

LibreELEC (community) Version: 8.0.2

LibreELEC:~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1

1+0 records in

1+0 records out

262144 bytes (256.0KB) copied, 0.014710 seconds, 17.0MB/s

LibreELEC:~ # dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k

0+1 records in

0+1 records out

38148 bytes (37.3KB) copied, 0.027595 seconds, 1.3MB/s

LibreELEC:~ #

Still, after being rebooted from the internal storage, elec wouldn't start.

Any suggestions?

The Sd card installed system is 64bit build. Does that matter?

Code
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1
    dd if=dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k

# LibreELEC #

# LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #

LibreELEC (community) Version: 8.0.2

LibreELEC:~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1

1+0 records in

1+0 records out

262144 bytes (256.0KB) copied, 0.012326 seconds, 20.3MB/s

LibreELEC:~ # dd if=dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k

dd: can't open 'dtb.img': No such file or directory

LibreELEC:~ #

Hi.

Not sure it matters, but anyway, the device is Khadas VIM 2/16.

I made the following (mistake).

Copied my device's device tree file (from the download section) to Update folder of my elec and rebooted it.

Now the device wouldn't boot. LibreElec is installed into internal memory of the device.

The same happened with system installed on SD card. I solved it by popping the card into PC and copying the dtb.img into system directory and thus solving the problem.

Is there a way (by SSH or somehow) to copy the dtb.img into system folder of the device's internal storage?

Thanks.

first of all, in mm kernel black levels are too dark, dark screen's scenes are also too dark. When I play movie then first step I take is that I adjust brightness and contrast despite of dark scenes and black levels are too dark in movies in mm kernel. NOUGAT KERNAL IS GREAT AND BEST FOR VIEWING MOVIE EXPERIENCE AND ALSO ENHENCE COLORS, BRIGHTNESS AND CONTRAST...

I'd recommend to try to play this file (HDR 10-bit HEVC 25.000fps) first, for example, and after that the stuff that is too dark.

In my case paying back the file restores the contrast/saturation to normal.

I agree with Garcia,,,nougat kernel is best because of beautiful picture quality and enhance colours plus brightness. I will definitely go-to with nougat kernel..MM kernel does not work for me because of low brghtness and contrast level...mm kernel is useless...I love to use nougat kernel..

The colors should be neutral and natural (accurate). Provided this goal is achieved you may bump up the color saturation, contrast, brightness or hue as much as you please.