Posts by WebEye

Ok,

I've got some news, but ran into the next issue, maybe this is more clear for you!

What I've done:

While compiling "media_build", I don't use

linux-media-LATEST.tar.bz2

but

linux-media-2017-12-28-201b56737f4e.tar.bz2

with this I was able to compile "media_build" without error! So with the next Reboot , the stick was successful identified as

'Mygica T230 DVB-T/T2/C' but was not registered to any firmware

Additional information:

I copied all firmwares from

dvb-firmwares.tar.bz2

to /lib/firmwares and /usr/lib/firmwares, no luck!

So here are some dmesg:

latest successfull boot:

cat dmesg

cat dmesg | grep 'dvb\|si2168\|si2157'

current boot:

cat dmesg

cat dmesg | grep 'dvb\|si2168\|si2157'

hopefully someone can help, I've got no clue!

Thanks,

WebEye

PS: I realized that the si2168 module was not compiled, probably this is the problem!

Hi there,

I know, this is not really a libreelec issue, but I know, here are some dvbt heroes, so maybe someone can help me!

So short story:

I've got an August DVBt210 Stick connected to my Ubuntu 14.04 (3.13.*)

Since this kernel does not support this dvbt stick out of the box I have to use media_build to generate the neccessary modules! This worked for my last used kernel "3.13.0-107.154". So sadly, I'm a little paranoid, and because of this Meltdown and Spectre issues, I've done a kernel upgrade to kernel "3.13.0-139.188". An now I've to complie media_build again and ran in following compile error:

Meanwhile, I tried several things, but nothing works, I can eliminate the error in 'uvc_video_decode_meta' (it seem to be just a trace log, But there is still the compile abort.

Is anyone familar with that? Maybe someone has a workaround, or some hints... Ideas are very welcome...

Thanks for help,

WebEye

PS: Upgrading the system is at the moment not possible.

Hi,

as the thread named, thanks to all the devs and supporters...

With that new LE 8.2.0 release, my last bothersome issue is gone.

As an Odroid C2 user, I've got many issues with ir during the last versions!

Indeed, I can't get lirc work proper, but ir-keytable works out of the box, without any problems.

Have a nice day and keep LE alive,

WebEye

Hello,

With the patch, it's the best compromise to use Odroid C2 by the IR. But don't push to quickly. I think it will OK, waiting the final patch.

I don't think there will be a final patch in next future, it seems the devs are bussy with other things and/or they have no clue, how to solve this. Maybe we had to wait till the Odroid devs will upgrade to the current Linux kernel!

My impression is, that most of the people (including the devs) went to bluetooth, because they are tired to have problems with lirc or keymap-table.

When I compiled LE, I was on the master branch. So my LE compile is a Leila release. How to switch to Kryton?

That is what I do mainly:

Code
    git clone https://github.com/LibreElec/LibreElec.tv.git
    cd LibreElec.tv/
    git checkout 8.0.2
    PROJECT=Odroid_C2 ARCH=aarch64 tools/download-tool
    PROJECT=Odroid_C2 ARCH=aarch64 IMAGE_SUFFIX=whatever make -j8 image

Never had problems.

Bye,

WebEye

I set up a Ubuntu 16.04.2 in a VM with 8 cores and also only 4GB RAM on my XEON E3-1240! Never had problems compilig LE!

AS chewitt written, look at the target directory....

Good luck,

but choose a powerful host system for compiling! The build will take a while...

My first try was compiling on a ATOM S1260, this wasn't a good idea ;)

WebEye

I don't think, there will be a fix in near future! It seems, it's too deep Odroid hardware/ Linux Kernel related.

You can try this meson-ir patch I provided here. For me with LE 8.0.1 it works well, but keep in mind it's only a work around, it will not work proper, if you press buttons too fast. Read this threads I mentioned above for full information.

The other (only) chance is to go to cec...

c ya,

WebEye

I found a workaround for now!
    I build a LE 8.0.1 with a patch @tom81 has delivered, see at this posting at hardkernel forums
    For all who are interessted, this patch is not a fix, it makes the ir-keytable issue more acceptable! And keep in mind, with this patch will lirc not work.
    So I'm looking forward that sombody resolves the current ir problems, lirc as well ir-keytable....

Greetings,
    WebEye

Yesterday I build the current libreelec-8.0 branch!
    Unfortunately there are no changes to my lirc issue, still got slow response! I think it's eather the lirc update to lircd 0.9.4c or there is something with the meson-ir driver.

Is it maybe possible to compile the current 8.0 branch with an older lird version? A little how-to will be helpful, I'm new to this...

Thanks,
    WebEye

PS: To compile LE on a Atom S1260 is no good idea ;)

For me it is the same. Using my MCE Remote it is very slow after moving to krypton.
    Hope that someone knows what has been changed.

Recently Raybuntu answered me in another thread:

As he said the ir-keytable issue is well known, but no time to fix it! He also said that Kwiboo fixed the slow response for NEC remotes in LE. So we have eather to wait for an upcoming LE 8.0.2 or have to compile it by our selfs.

Maybe you can try out one of the community builds:

Raybuntu
    wrxtasy

Thanks,
    WebEye

I noticed the same issue a while ago. I was talking with Kwiboo about it but we haven't found a solution yet.

ah ok, that stops me, to look further after this issue! Thank you!
    But maybe you can help me then with my lirc issue, the problem is, it's damned slow! Sometimes I had to press a button twice for any reaction. I've already played with the repeat/delay options in lircd.config, but without any luck.
    This problem began with LE 7.9x, versions before that had no problems.

Thanks,
    WebEye