Posts by cat2115

1) I have 4tb ext hard drive connected to RPi3 containing family videos and pictures. The only thing on Micro SD card is LibreElec 8.0.1. I Google and YouTube but nothing show how to access my hard drive like at work or parents' house. I only see NextCloud or other app that required to install their OS on SD card. How can I do with LibreElec?

2) I have 32gb sd card. LibreElec format to 512Mb for flash, can I expand to maybe 3gb since nothing will be in 32Gb besides LibreEle?

Thanks.

I enabled Samba and enabled "Use Samba Password Authentication". I replace default user and passphrase with my own. On Windows7, I enter my raspberry 3 ip address and enter user and passphrase but it kept saying login fail.

Please help to use password. Thanks
    [hr]
    Ok, i got it.

Hi,
    After compiling, a new folder created inside ~/LibreELEC.tv. I forgot the name but I think it's LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.1 and I saw a whole bunch of subfolders in it. Can I work of from that folder if I plan to change something? Will the compile code the same as "PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm make image"

Thanks

Code
    rm -rf /home/user/.ccache-libreelec/

per above code where it say "user", do I type "user" like the above or "user" refer to my machine. Ex, my terminal show as Eva@link:~$

I try to do show hidden fold/file but I don't see .ccache-libreelec any where.

I have Raspberry Pi 3. Ubuntu Desktop 16.04.02 LTS

PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi2 ARCH=arm make image <--- using this code does not work for me on 8.0.1 version. It gave me error as "please specify your Device." However, it works if i compile on Master, version 9.x

I can only use this code to compile 8.0.1, PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm make image

Just wondering any different between the two codes? Thanks

If I mess up something, will doing this give me a clean version from github master and everything will be overwritten by it? Thanks

Code
    git checkout master
    git pull

PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi2 ARCH=arm scripts/clean linux
    rm -rf /home/user/.ccache-libreelec/

PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi2 ARCH=arm make clean

Hi, I came from Android Kodi. I would decompile apk and edit xml, enabled unknown source by default and etc. Then compile and sign apk. When install apk, unknown source turn on by default and other customization I made would show too. In LibreElec, how do I do that? Do I need to "decompile"? But when I search, I only see "compile" or compile is the term in Linux they use? Is this where to start, "Compille" just to edit a few line here and their in kodi? Thanks

Hi,

I want to be sure if I did it correctly. Somehow I cannot use SDFormatter or any other SD format application in Windows 7. I can only use EASEUS Partition application to format my SD card. I format 32gb SanDisk Ultra Plus to FAT32 and then use win32diskimager to install LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.1.img. After all successful, my card only show 512MB. When viewing in EASEUS Partition, I saw 3 partitions.
    - 512MB with LibreElec
    - xxMB system
    - xxGB unallocated free space

This time I deleted all partitions using EASEUS Partition and then re-format. I then use Window LibreELEC USB-SD Creator. Still show 3 partitions as listed above. Is this normal?

Is the unallocated free space usable when inserted to Raspberry pi 3? Or I need to format to FAT32 and use as storage? Where is all the cache, temp, logs etc store at? in the 512MB or in unallocated space? I do not have anything installed besides what came with LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.1, No game.

Thanks.

Hi,

This is my first time using Raspberry Pi 3 and installing LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.1.img on to Microcenter 32GB microSDHC Class 10, Read 48MBps Write 10MBps.

I notice that the loading is slow but that's probably my sd card because my cousin had a 64gb ScanDisk, it loads fast. For example, going to add-ons and delete plugins. It still show even thought it deleted until maybe 10-15 second later then it disappeared. Seem like freeze for that second. As for my cousin, it delete right a way.

Another problem I have was connecting to Beatspill+ speaker. I can only hear a few second from the bluetooth speaker, then no sound even thought show bluetooth connected.

Also, my RPi 3 show as ARMv7 instead of ARMv8. Is this normal?

Is there a way to power on RPi 3 instead of unplug and replug wire cord. I use usb remote (2.4G Wireless Air Mouse Keyboard Remote Control USB for PC TV Android TV Box- 2.4G RF wireless technology)

I use EASEUS Partition Master to format SD card as FAT32, Win32DiskImager for LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.1.img to SD card