Posts by S80_UK

TL;DR: discovery mode doesn't work.

Long answer: Because my LibreElec box is on a wired network which is routed to the Wi-Fi network, but apparently this is not sufficient for LibreSpot. I even configured Avahi in router mode on the router (necessary for Kore to find Kodi) but that's not enough for Spotify's discovery mode (I haven't investigated which kind of protocol it speaks).

As far as I am aware, Spotify Connect uses Bonjour for device discovery - I would have thought that should be covered by the Avahi settings, unless you have any other options.

There are two likely issues apart from the supply. First is the cable from the supply. Shorter and thicker is better. It doesn't matter how good the power supply is if the cable drops too much voltage, and you'll struggle to measure voltage spikes without decent test gear. Second, overclocking is never guaranteed Chips are manufactured to a specification covering a range of speed, power supply voltage, temperature etc. Where there are multiple chips (RAM, peripherals, etc) each has its own range of parameters within which it will work. Sometimes these will only overlap quite near the nominal operating conditions. Overclocking requires all parts to be able to work equally well outside of these intended specifications. Sometimes it is easy. Sometimes it's almost impossible. Sadly, the culture around devices like the Pi encourages users to try things like overclocking to the point where it is expected that it will always work. Sometimes it won't. And if it does, the speed increase may not result in a proportionate time saving if other elements (like USB / SD storage) still take just as long.

(And for the mods... Why does the forum software treat the word "s-c-i-e-n-c-e" as censored and not permissible in posts?)

Thanks Jocke.Sve for your response.

The US key mentioned is eight GB and is formatted in NTFS. I tried another USB of one GB formatted in the fat format and copied a movie onto it and it worked perfectly.

Now I am really confused. Am I limited to the fat file system and a maximum of four GB?

I just bought a sixteen GB micro SD card thinking I could use it in one of the boxes for storage.:rolleyes:

As others have commented - NTFS, FAT32 should all work. For reference, FAT32 can be used for drives up to 2TB, but you can run into other limitations - the maximum size for a single file in FAT32 is 4GB, but that should not stop the stick being seen.

I just tried with a premium account, I can access my web browser from my phone but not my Kodi device.

That isn't how it works...

Spotify Connect - Spotify

You use Spotify on your phone, etc and then tell it to play using another device. On the playing screen on your phone it would say something like "Devices available". Tap on that and the app will then list other Connect compatible devices, such as your Kodi device which would already have the add-on installed and set up.

Am I supposed to see something even if I still don't have a premium account (I'd like to see if it might work before paying) ? The android Spotify app doesn't show any available TV/PC/HiFi to listen music.

My Kodi device has no WiFi but it's on the same network, is visible, the Kore android app sees it fine.

Spotify only enable the Spotify Connect functionality in the app on your phone/tablet/etc if you have a premium account. It's their restriction - it's nothing to do with the LibreELEC add-on which works very well if you have a premium account.

I’m concerned by this subject.

I’m running LE 8.1.10 on my S905x. I notice that Airplay doesn’t work anymore (from my Mac or my iDevices). On a friend’s box (same model, same device, same build), Airplay works but only from his PC.

I am willing to help with testing if necessary as I don’t have programming skills.

Thanks to everyone who could work on this.

Please see my post directly before yours to understand why the Airplay support situation is unlikely to improve.

Yes, a logic level converter may help. The standard I/O lines on the Pi are not fully compatible with the WS2812 LEDs. The WS2811 chip in the LED package needs 3.5 volts or more for a logic 1, but the Pi can only go to 3.3 volts on the I/O lines. This means that the signal is marginal and may work for some data patterns and not others, or that it may be affected by very small changes in supply voltage.

Good feedback. Your measurements indicate that the supply is probably OK. It was worth checking though. I can only guess at maybe a software or configuration issue. Sorry I cannot help more. I have no direct experience with Hyperion or Hypercon. It looks interesting though.

90 WS2812 LEDs is quite a lot to have in a single string unless you have more than one power feed into the string. Typically the problem is that the current drawn causes voltage drop along the string with the result that LEDs further along the string don't get the correct supply voltage. Peak current is up to 60mA per LED if red, green and blue are on together at full brightness. For 90 LEDs that is up to 5.4 amps, so check that your supply is strong enough as well. My suggestion is to connect the LED power supply to at least both ends of the string (you should connect both 0v and +5v supply rails). You may find it helps to have a third connection near the middle of the string as well. I've not used these LEDs for this application, but I have used longer strings when testing them with different driver schemes,

I am sure that LibreELEC and Kodi developers know this, but most users probably do not... Devices that are approved by Apple to support Airplay have to include an authentication IC - a chip that can only be bought from an Apple approved source after Apple have approved the product design and functionality. This chip allows Apple to change some of the protocol parameters without affecting compatibility with devices which include it. Since this chip is not openly available and is not easy or possible to completely reverse engineer, no software-only implementation will keep up with Apple's changes from one iOS version to the next. I agree with nickr - Kodi should drop support for Airplay. It causes too many problems. By including it and trying to support it, Kodi could be seen to be supporting Apple's use of Airplay, whereas it would be better for all if Apple either opened up the Airplay standard or used a different open standard altogether..

Hi all.

I think i solved this.

My plasma i HD ready! so using the setting 720P,50Hz seems to not be overrided to some default 1080p/60 hz setting. by the tv/kodi.

I had a 37 inch from that year TH-37PX60B, and the 42 inch version was almost the same. As you say, it's HD Ready, so the resolution support is mainly for 720p at 50 and 60 Hz, although 1080i is also offered, that's not so much help for LibreELEC / Kodi. I'm not sure what exact TV you have but the TH-42PX60B uses a panel which is actually 1024x768 and so the TV does some rescaling of the 720p input to fit the screen as well.

Hard to be certain without the details, but the Z8350 has Intel HD400 graphics, and that's perfectly OK. I use a Celeron N3060 based mini PC which has the same. Also the CPU is more than enough. My other LibreELEC box is running an old Atom D525 (Asus AT5IONT-I motherboard) and that is quite a bit less powerful than the CPU you're looking at, and that's absolutely fine for full HD. With the Z8350 I think you should have reasonable compatibility with 4k material as well. HD400 graphics can support 4K/24p.

You don't seem to understand how NTP works - NTP servers don't know about local time. The whole point is that they provide a standard time (UTC) and can be accessed from anywhere. Local time offset for timezones and optional daylight savings are added by the client.

How time zones are handled with NTP?

Was the SD material that had the issue interlaced? I think that the driver for the Intel graphics hardware improved in this respect in LibreELEC 8. Certainly I have a small number of 1080i Blu-rays that I ripped which had issues with LE 7 which were solved with LE 8. I am running LE on an N3060, but the graphics hardware on the N3150 is the same as far as I know.