Posts by S80_UK

I'd like to continue using LibreElec, but don't want to do a hard re-install. I am wanting to remove the "crap where" and asked how to get rid of it. I've uninstalled all the add-ons and repositories listed in the "term of agreement" for support. SO - is there any assistance available here?

So, do a backup to preserve yor current settings, etc., so you can revert later as needed. Then do a clean install. Then reproduce the problem with a debug log.

If the problem still exists (it may, or it may not, depending on many factors) then people may be more responsive to a genuine problem. Much of the crapware complained about has two main issues. Firstly it often supports the illegal acquisition of content, something which both the Kodi and LibrELEC teams rightly take a firm stand against. It pisses off some of us regular users as well. Second, it frequently screws up functions within Kodi which otherwise work just fine. Just removing these add-ons may not in all cases remove the damage caused by their earlier installation - hence the repeated requests for a clean installation. It is an essential part of debugging to be able to isolate different pieces of code to see where a problem may lie.

But it is still the graph that is wrong... You have a 1000Mbit/second connection. It is a physical impossibility for you to be getting more than 125Mbytes/second down that cable. As mentioned above, with overheads it will be less than that. Even with some traffic in both directions it will still be less than shown. The graph software seems not to like the way that Kodi fills and maintains the buffers while playing, but it's still a problem with the graphing software, not with Kodi.

So the correct term then should be latest release?

The "correct term" is the version number of the release that you are discussing (8.2.2, or whatever). "Latest" is only current until it is superceded by anything, anywhere, whether released or not, and therefore the term has no useful meaning.

I dont know, if you still dont get it after this post, just forget it alltogether.. It seems like understanding basic things is sometimes hard.

Understanding the request is easy. People would still understand it if you wrote one short polite email rather than the unnecessarily long rants above. Your apparent sense of entitlement does nothing to help your cause, The point is, Kodi and LibreELEC are open source projects developed, maintained and supported by volunteers. If you don't like the way they work, you can change them. I have done so in the past for my own use, and without knowing how it all works, and it's a very rewarding process to go through. Building LibreELEC is not that difficult. Simple code changes are not difficult. But everything that is done for the released builds has to be debugged and tested across a wide variety of platforms without disruption to the existing user base. What you preceive as a simple change may be simple to implement, or may be incredibly involved. but it may have implications which prevent widespread adpoption.

Are you running a skin other than Estuary or Confluence? I use a Celernon N3060 (less than half the CPU horsepower of the J3455) and the 4k UI is still pretty snappy. Upscalling video is a problem for me (but not a surprise, with that CPU).

Chinese characters (simplified and complex) are available by selecting "Arial based" fonts in the skin settings. I used the Confluence skin, but I think the same works for Estuary. I have never needed to install or build with any additional font. I use English menus, but many of my music files have Chinese / Taiwanese tags and are displayed correctly. (Disclaimer - I don't use kszaq's builds, just regular LE builds on my HTPC).

Most cables will work with 4k30p content in my experience unless they are quite long. 4k60p requires Premium Certified cables (in theory) due to the much higher data rates. I would not jump to spending a load of money - I've used budget cables up to a couple of metres without issues.

You should see a 4k option (3840 x 2160 or similar). I have a N3060 processor in an MSI Cubi mini-PC and I get this option if I plug it into my LG 4k TV. As noted above, you'll only be able to play 4k at up to 30Hz frame rate, but it does work for compatible video content. Photos are awesome. If I go through my AV receiver I only see 1920 x 1080 as the highest resolution option, but that it because my receiver cannot handle 4k on its HDMI ports.

I have read an user report saying even the most recent Kodi version is upsampling FLAC 16-bit/44.1KHz > 16-bit/48KHz and downsampling 24-bit/96KHz > 16-bit/96KHz and 24-bit/192KHz > 16-bit/192KHz.

I think that some or all of this statement is wrong.

Whenever I play content from 44.1kHz sampled sources it is played out a 44.1k. When I play from a 48k source it is played out at 48k. In my case I use the music player in Kodi to play DTS streams ripped from DTS CDs (44.1) and from DTS soundtracks ripped from DVDs (48k) and both are decoded by my AV receiver accurately. It can only play these if they are bit-perfect. They would not be if there was any sample-rate conversion taking place (you'd just get noise, the same as if you play them with Kodi's volume set to anything other than 100%)

Editing my post - For clarification, I am using PC hardware. I suppose some other devices might have restricted hardware and drivers that include sample rate conversion? I have no idea about that.