Posts by LongMan

Thanks. I have it running too. There are instructions on their site that can be followed. I was thinking that a plugin similar to the one Emby would be useful in spreading word. Now one has to know about Jellyfin in order to install it. It being in the Repo also serves to promote it.

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to do that. However, you are right. It is easy enough to to just run the addon even with kodi running. I am not aware of Kodi having an Headless mode but I suspect that will come soon enough.

Looking forward to the Jellyfin Addon.

Thanks again.

LongMan

@awiouy.

Just curious, Is it possible to get a LibreELEC for Emby or the opensource fork, Jellyfin (actually LibreELES, Server vs Center). As I understand it, the Emby plugin is running on the JeOS of LibreELEC. What do you think of a server build without Kodi, Just install and have the media server with nothing else.

Cheers,

LongMan

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

After a bit of thought, I agree with you. systemd is the best route. Being able to change the ip address from the GUI instead of notepad++, via smb, would be nice. However, my suggestion above is not the smartest approach to solve that problem.

Cheers,
    LongMan

Well it was worth a try. Just kidding. I didn't expect you to write an addon just for me. Would be nice but I didn't expect that. However, I suspect that there are other people who would like something similar.

I am just trying to follow the advice to security experts and not run more code than I need to do the job. I would appreciate your pointing out the modules from your addon that are necessary to obtain the minimum function that I require. I am using the systemd method suggested by LibreELEC, but this is an opportunity for me to learn something new. If you could point me in the right direction, I will try to expand my horizons.

Cheers,
    LongMan

Hi Zomboided,
    Thanks for your wonderful addon. It was quite useful during the Rio Olympics last year, and I suspect it will be quite useful again this year for world championships.

Most of the media a consume sits on a NAS here so i don't really use an external vpn service for that. However, when I am away from home I connect to my router to stream media, and for that I connect to the vpn server in my router. As it is now I just drop the .ovpn and pass.txt file in the config folder and I am off.

VPN Manager is a bit much for such a simple requirement.

Can you make a lite version of this addon, geared at a single connection, where the user enters the location of the config files and ip address. Or could you suggest the files from your addon that would be needed for such a setup. I took a look at the files in the addon folder and many of them appear to be necessary only for the management of multiple providers or multiple locations.

I am thinking of a scenario similar to what existed in the openelec settings when connman was used to manage the vpn.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Longman