Posts by thegooddoctor

The following may be useful:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybsfx6xjttu2…_param.aml?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf5aakutmclgfho/recovery.img?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wi5vhrgqsle6ug/dtb.img?dl=0 <= ^ these three can be copied to a FAT formatted SD to use with vendor u-boot recovery mode to restore the original factory image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v46jogn3rk4i…hub.tar.gz?dl=0 <= this is a dd backup of the factory image on emmc.

how does one do this "u-boot recovery mode"?
    I have access to the prompt but I can't seem to find any instructions.

Decided to give the Wetek Hub a break until someone can tell me how to set serial RX to high with 3.3v.

Went to the Wetek Play 2 (running Libreelec 8.5 I think or 8.2) and observed that booting with the box's power button down went to Android recover, and pressing the restore button on booting booted from microsd card (correct function).

Put a box disk image on the sd card and configured it to boot with the Wetek Play 2 configuration and booted the system while pressing the restore button.

Booted into Libreelec 11.0.3 from the card.

Performed the 'wget' and 'emmctool w' calls to pull Libreelec 11.0.3 into /storage and flash the nand.

All went apparently well, except now there are problems.

1) There is a problem with emmc storage as the unit reports a lack of space and many addons (and all skins) fail to install

2) The restore button and power button on boot do nothing now ... I lost that functionality.

3) Trying to downgrade reports a lack of space

so essentially it is pooched ... now what?

looks like the same issue I had some time ago, see:

gonp
    March 11, 2023 at 9:36 AM

There seem to be some noise/random characters on the Hub serial input line that stops the initial booting process.

You should be able to boot from nand too, just remove the sdcard. Once you reach the uboot prompt you can manually complete booting (type 'boot' on prompt).

After that initial boot completes ok, you should be able to use the remote to 'sleep' and 'wakeup' normally, and all should work fine.

The only way I managed to prevent the blocking of the initial booting process was to disable the RX serial line, by forcing it 'high' to 3.3V with a soldered wire.

Yes, this looks to be the identical problem as per matching logs.

I did already try the 'boot' command and saw that it indeed continued the boot process.

How do I set the RX serial line to high with 3.3V (where did you find 3.3V on the board?)

thanks for the files, however the hub only boots to internal nand in this state

ok --- it boots to the nand, and there are some errors.

why does it have that interrupt and stops the boot process?

how do I (in u-boot) use the usbboot command to boot from a usb device so I can attempt to flash the nand again?

ran 'reset' in u-boot; here is the output

well this is interesting ... after reading the 'help' output, I typed 'boot' and got this

it looks like it booted off of the internal storage sd card; libreelec 11.0.1

i'll try to flash the nand

Yes, the three pin output works with UART (plugged into pins 2,3,5 on the serial port; GND to GND; TX to RX, and RX to TX; 115200 8n1 off off).

Here is the output. At the end I still had a viable prompt.

Questions:

• Does the Hub logo appear on startup?
    • If you put the SD card back in does it boot?

No Hub/Wetek logo; does not boot with SD card (unresponsive black screen)

Thanks everyone for the great info!!!
    I have ordered a DB9 serial connector and will wire it according to the specification and see what the output states.

Since UART does not work on LE11, should I stay with LE10?

tried booting microsd from these images with no success (no changes on the screen - no boot logo ... nothing)

LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.1-box.img (with dtb.img at root)
    LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.3-wetek-hub.img

saw this thread
    Wetek Hub semi-bricked, NAND wiped but now I need correct .IMG file to restore via aml_usb_burn_tool V2

copied the 3 files to a fat32 (then fat16) microsd card and with the wetwk hub off, press the recessed UPGRADE button, plugged in the power, and held the button for 8 seconds then released ... with no change still

it looks like I'm on #3 of the referenced thread by Chewitt where

"If eMMC is not wiped but vendor u-boot cannot recover things (is broken some way) the worst case scenario is to open up the box (screws are behind the foot pads) and short pins on the emmc chip to disable it. This prevents vendor u-boot (or whatever remains of it) from interfering in boot and effectively forces SD or USB boot; so you can use the AMLGX image I linked above. It works but most users feel uncomfortable about sticking screwdrivers on memory chips to short pins and it's best done with UART access so you can see what's happening.

In all cases, having the UART cable that WeTek shipped in the box connected so you can see what's actually happening and/or where things are failing is always a good move."

Does anyone have a UART cable pinout that I could reference?

ok ... found this

Wetek Play 2 RS 232 Cable Pinouts
    Here are the RS232 cable Pinouts for wetek Play 2 ..it works with many other Boxes tested it with KOQkit K1 mini [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
    jb8a8f8.com

Wetek Hub was running 8.2.5 (aarch) and I attempted an update to 11.0.3.

Using this information here https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic/wetek-hub-play2 as my guide, I did the following.
    -downloaded LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.1-box.img and transferred the image to a microsd card via Rufus

-the editing of the uEnv.ini file caused the microsd card to boot then hang at the Wetek boot screen

-took the meson-gxbb-wetek-hub.dtb and renamed it to dtb.img and moved it to the root of the filesystem and rebooted and this worked

then still following the directions

-enabled SSH, and SSH'd into the wetek

-ran these commands

cd /storage

wget https://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-AMLG…etek-hub.img.gz

emmctool w LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.3-wetek-hub.img.gz

-i'll paste the output below
    -shutdown the wetek using the remote

-removed the microsd card

-plugged in the wetek and NOTHING ... just blue light with black screen; no DHCP entries on my router ... just nothing

-rebooting again results in the same outcome (bricked).

Solutions anyone?

Many thanks in advance.

You can boot using the "box" image after setting the dtb name to use in uEnv.ini .. AND .. doing the toothpick/reset process to force u-boot to reload our boot scripts from the SD card. This will prevent CE from booting .. unless you repeat the toothpick/reset to force u-boot to reload their boot scripts. You cannot simply swap SD cards to swap OS.

Wetek Hub with 8.2.5 aarch64 trying to update to latest Libreelec ... unfortunately the renaming of the file within uEnv.ini does not work (using box image) - hangs at Wetek boot screen.

Taking the meson-gxbb-wetek-hub.dtb and moving it to root and renaming it as dtb.img works

I have the Wetek Play 2 and bought my parent the Wetek Hub. (now both running LE8.0.2)

No problems with range or use with the Wetek Play 2's remote

The Wetek Hub, while setting the system up I noticed poor range and a couple times that it stopped working; same (unresponsive) reported by my parents (reported a couple times over a month or so).

I haven't performed any further testing.

Here is my Wetek Play 2 remote keymap for LibreELEC

SMB into your unit; then Userdata/keymaps/gen.xml

thegooddoctor

I'll make the next build with Samba reverted to the old version, probably that's why.

Thanks --- I had another RPi2 running the most recent alpha releases and it as well underwent the SAMBA upgrade in a recent release.
    Then I had a weird unaccessable share show up on my network (%H), and I was not able to use access regular smb share to upload the downgrade file.
    Had to SFTP into the unit to place the downgrade file - thankfully the downgrade worked!

Something strange going on with that SAMBA upgrade ...

Bug Report: Network corruption
    My SMB shares (password protected) show incorrect file sizes (PB and TB sizes) and the files are not accessible.
    This problem was noted to start with the 20170305 or 20170309 release.
    Log file created using clean install using LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20170323.img.gz; see picture for additional information.

edit: where is a good place to upload the log files (zipped)?

Just updated to LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20170305 and now there are problems with connecting to network shares and CEC. When I am able to connect to network shares my files are listed in TB and PB sizes (not correct) and the files are not viewable.
    I had a similar issue with accessing network shares and CEC on my Odroid C2 with the latest official release (LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.0.img.gz) so I wonder if this is a problem with the sources.

The problem is not apparent on my RPi2 using the latest LibreElec Testbuilds (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0-Milhouse-20170304233937-%230304-gb6b7064.tar found here LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0))